Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • PSA: Scammer on WTD classifieds
  • nealglover
    Free Member

I do think that STW (as the people who have the most information) should help out with this sort of thing.

It wouldn’t take much effort to help out with whatever information they have.

Then people could take it further and sort these arseholes out properly.

Andy

who goes to the police ?

Obviously 67 people. Each quoting the same crime number hopefully?

And yes individual responibility is also required.

dumbanddumber
    Free Member

Just don’t hand over money to people you don’t know. This forum is NOT a safe place to trade goods, go to eBay for that. They have an established and safe system for that. But hang on, people want to save a few quid and avoid fees. Shall we start a risk analysis. This is a matter of individual responsibility and being a grown up with your money. Who is actually out of pocket…come forward. Has everyone received refunds? What was the basis of the deal…” I give you my money and I pray that you send my special bike part”. Come on people. Was there really any crime actually committed? Does this neath83/danhallty/whoever really exist? Maybe you have all been had in the “psychological sense”.

For the record, I have nothing against Nigerian people.

Junkyard
    Free Member

This is not a police matter, this is a matter for individual responsibility.

what fraudulently selling goods you dont have is not a police matter and its the individuals fault 😕

What about girls at night who dress “provocatively” 🙄

Its appears to be a crime, What folk want to do about it is there choice.

Thanks for joining just to post this and join in this debate- I wonder how you found this thread and site?
    Anyway you sure live up to your name

bikemanwhoisblack
    Free Member

shooterman

This is not a police matter

Why not? From this thread alone it is apparent that the person behind all this has committed multiple crimes.

Cougar

Thanks for joining just to post this and join in this debate- I wonder how you found this thread and site?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/paying-a-private-seller-%E2%80%93-be-safe

Anyone else getting a whiff of a sort of rodenty aroma?

grantway
    Free Member

To be honest if its a couple of hundred or more
    and there not local i wouldn’t buy it !

Agree a price and collect in person

hitman
    Free Member

Had an email recently responding to a wanted ad I had placed for a turbo. Seemed like a good deal so I asked some questions and never got a response. Emailed them again and it seems as though the email account has now been deleted – name was Ricky Mantis.
    Apologies to the guy if he is genuine but thought I should post this.

geedub16
    Free Member

he mailed me offering a heckler bearing press for £8 from my wanted ad I strung him along for a few days asking for all kinds of pictures he couldn’t find from google

if it seems too good to be true it probably is

they way he replied word for word on the description seemed fishy/false straight away

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Scammer on WTD classifieds’ is closed to new replies.