Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 130 total)
  • PSA: Scammer on WTD classifieds
  • neninja
    Free Member

If the police investigate, hopefully they’ll wait until Christmas Day morning to pull him in.

I know if I was a policeman working Christmas Day, I’d want to ruin the day for as many of the local scallies as possible. Good day to find them as they’d almost certainly be at home.

Jamie
    Free Member

If we continue to see this happen at the Singletrackworld forum, we may have to disable the ability to receive free personal payments for associated accounts, meaning you’ll pay fees for all money received through PayPal.

Classy.

Naomi

Does no one have accountability a surname anymore?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

That was quite a good post from ‘paypal’ until the threat at the end.

Nobs

Junkyard
    Free Member

Unfortunately, this is against our rules. Please don’t ask or allow your customers to use personal/gift payments to pay for their purchases.

Its also against your rules to not accept payments on paypal on ebay

Well done you for protecting consumers making sure you get some of our money for using your service

We value your business and appreciate your cooperation

Then provide what the customers want rather than what you can make the most money from

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Bah! ‘Paypals’ First post…must be a troll

galactus
    Free Member

Fair enough..
    It was either a threat or no more PayPal usage.
    It can only be better for us all if payments are made via PayPal goods.
    It’s no effort to allow for fees in the sale.
    My twopenneth worth.

Jamie
    Free Member

It was either a threat or no more PayPal usage.

Something that could have been achieved with a touch more decorum, say, if Paypal had spoke to the forum owners first.

I would rather Mark/Chipps come on here, with a sticky saying they are banning gift payments after speaking with Paypal, than Paypal themselves* posting directly on here as they have.

My £4.30s worth**

*If the mysterious Naomi is indeed a representative of everyone’s favourite pseudo-bank.

**Paid via PP Gift.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It was either a threat or no more PayPal usage

I’ve made that a bit clearer

firestarter
    Free Member

deleted first bit to save silly arguments 😉

Back to the op he offered me something but wouldn’t give me his address for sending the cheque to 🙁 paypal only, not gift tho as its against the rules lol

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Imho!

Paypal are a service for which every person who recieves monies should pay the fee to also include sender of monies and to bd split once agreed a total price for 2nx hand items on forum classifieds dow. The middle so everone involved is content to some degree as to the 50/50 fee charge.

However that said. The cost of which is set by Paypal is that of great issue here and needs resolving worldwide l. As for ebay owning paypal that is a complete joke as they will regulate the maximum they believe they can get away with so to speak with charging.
    It made sense for ebay to own paypal of course but so did it to microsoft to own widely the computing market for financial gain/reasons.

scaredypants

Paypal are a service for which every person who recieves monies should pay the fee to also include sender of monies and to bd split once agreed a total price for 2nx hand items on forum classifieds dow. The middle so everone involved is content to some degree as to the 50/50 fee charge.

(small volume private) Sellers get no benefit from paypal fees. Buyer should pay agreed amount to seller, adding on pp fees if they want the benefits on offer.

IMO, like

brodie
    Free Member

“PayPal, an eBay Company”

Nuff said really.

“Hey, buy some strangers junk off our website, then pay us some money so we can pay him for you, and while you are at it why not print a postage label so we can charge you some money to post it to you too”

Ebay is dead to me nowadays.

galactus
    Free Member

PayPal didn’t ask politely enough….they made a threat!
    If these are the things that cause you troubles in your life then FFS lighten up!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We’ve noticed that the majority of forum posts are asking for customers to send personal/gift payments for purchases of items or services

That’s absolute rubbish. Some people do ask that, yes, but the majority? Err no.

I certainly don’t. If someone trusts me enough to pay by gift, so be it, if they choose to opt for the protection of doing it another way, fine, I don’t mind.
    Why? Well, I’m still avoiding the eBay fees. I shift more stuff on here than through eBay these days, simply because eBay is too expensive.
    And don’t kid yourself that we, as a community, can’t operate without PayPal either.

brodie
    Free Member

And don’t kid yourself that we, as a community, can’t operate without PayPal either.

Indeed.

logical
    Free Member

Moneygram, western union, money2anywhere we could use them all and get equally screwed over as paypal do 🙂 Oh by the way Paypal you STILL have over £150 of mine and yet you are chasing me for ebay fees for the same account?

convert

Paypal fee for a £25 stem is a quid. You factor that into the price. Never been sure where the issue was with doing this, especially when dealing with a complete stranger. You even get to pay with a credit card if it helps your cash flow.

For bigger (whole bikes, pricey frames) purchases use a bank transfer if you know and trust them, but pick it up if possible.

Never seen the attraction to paypal gift when it’s not as gift. I guess it’s like having a McDump – giving it to the big scummy corporation.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

@ paypal, an ebay company,

have you thought about paying more than 0.0015% corporation tax? [1]

Some of our mps are really struggling with 2nd home allowances, equipping them with the latest gadgets, improving their duck moats and removing dry rot from their second homes.

approximately 4 hospitals or 7 schools could be built every year for the ammount your company avoids in corporation tax.

[1] http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20022365

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Too true! Amen to that!

nealglover
    Free Member

have you thought about paying more than 0.0015% corporation tax? [1]

I think sorting that out might be above Naomi’s Pay Grade.

bruneep

Bah! ‘Paypals’ First post…must be a troll

have i missed something? was a post deleted?

logical
    Free Member

have i missed something? was a post deleted?

yes

Jamie
    Free Member

Nothing worse than the mods taking out a post, which the rest of the thread hangs on, and not just leaving a note. As a result the rest of the thread makes no sense.

Anyway.

The post deleted was purportedly, seemed legit, a post from Paypal saying we are all naughty people for using PP Gift. As, apparently, that’s all we use here. They did offer some good advice on trading, and the protection regular Paypal offers. They then threatened to take their ball home, and signed off as the mysterious ‘Naomi’.

Where she is now….nobody knows.

/fade to black

*plays spooky music*

Junkyard
    Free Member

That happens every thread then .. all this nonsense makes sense now 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

That happens every thread then .. all this nonsense makes sense now

Christ. That explains everything. Another mystery solved, Sherlock Junkington.

druidh
    Free Member

+1 If, as a buyer, you want the added protection/insurance then just pay for it.

Jamie
    Free Member

What’s this guys paypal details ie name on the account and addy anyone know

Naomi did.

Then she vanished.

Junkyard
    Free Member

No probs Jamie Watson now pass me the drugs dear fellow 😉

Agree with most of this fees largely protect the buyer so I would not want to absorb them as a seller as they give me nothing extra but the risk of being scammed

If i want the protection I pay when I buy stuff.

Its ok if you want insurance but other than that Paypal is rather crap IMHO and i tend to try and avoid it tbh

druidh
    Free Member

I don’t think she ever existed. Unless you can prove otherwise, I reckon some of you guys are involved in a Paypal-related conspiracy.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hold on a minute I have some picture of her post- just adding the cross hairs as I type

Jamie
    Free Member

I don’t think she ever existed. Unless you can prove otherwise, I reckon some of you guys are involved in a Paypal-related conspiracy.

That’s crazy! You’re crazy.

*The Onion knows too much, I repeat. The onion knows too much*

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hold on a minute I have some picture of her post- just adding the cross hairs as I type

ROLFLCOPTER!!

Nice one JY 🙂

I’ve got a screenshot of the PP post if anyone missed it?

Also, applause to the Mods for deleting it 🙂

compositepro
    Free Member

could the mods not put some kind of buyer/seller feedback score rating system?

druidh
    Free Member

Photoshop.

Jamie
    Free Member

I give Trigger’s post…ohh…say…2 minutes?

That info should be passed onto the Police Fraud bods, linked on page 2.

Junkyard
    Free Member

And here
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/warning-suspected-stolen-bike-being-sold-here
    I dont know what STW can do about this but at the moment it is deffo caveat emptor – buyer beware

druidh
    Free Member

Welcome to STW trigger29 – not been around long?

bruneep

I give Trigger’s post…ohh…say…2 minutes?

Oh fart! what have i missed now.

Jamie
    Free Member

Posts are vanishing quicker than you….

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Scammer on WTD classifieds’ is closed to new replies.