Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • PSA – Russell Brand on Question Time now
  • yunki
    Free Member

Boris Johnson too..

That is all

Pook

and Philips.

This should be fun.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Recording.
    Never thought I’d say that about news night!

ciderinsport
    Free Member

First time I’ve watched, its a bit of a laugh 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

Tessa Jowell.

What a cock.

sweepy
    Free Member

Boris is having to work harder on his ‘likeable rumpled buffoon’ haircut nowadays by the look of things.

kimbers

predictable drug debate

borris seems much quieter than normal, i wonder if hes concerned that brand is the intellectual dandy in attendance rather than him

kimbers

daily mail columnist getting a kicking by the audience 🙂

she really is a nasty woman

IanMunro
    Free Member

I was just listening to her talking about the middle east and thought she sounded suspiciously sane by her standards. Then she went on her Iran rant and normal service was resumed.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

IanMunro + 1

I was shocked with how angry she got with the audience, I’ve never seen a QT panelist do that before.

Brand’s common touch and easy connection with the audience clearly cast a shadow over Johnson.

fasthaggis

Great final splurt

” I did better than Ken” he whined

of course you did Boris,you twonk 🙄

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive never been able to watch any of them, nor listen to it on the radio.
    I cringe and despair.
    Too little measured thought, too much over-reaching for the soundbite.

It’s only Jeremy Vine for the broadsheet readers.

And Melanie Phillips should be in a zoo.

kimbers

watching QT raises my blood pressure

exemplified by borris spending several minutes gibbering words out so as not to answer the question ‘what does one of your affordable houses actually cost’

chewkw
    Free Member

There is nothing wrong with Melanie Phillips comments/reactions as I think her fear is warranted which most in the audience could not comprehend. There is no need to boo her as she has given her reasons.

You have to bear in mind that her ancestors nearly got extinct in WWII. If your ancestors nearly got extinct in WWII I think you would be on the edge if your neighbour want to nuke you to kingdom come.

What she should have said is that either way they (the surrounding neighbours) are coming to get her or her motherland …

However, what she could have suggested is to balance up the power between Shah and Sunni i.e. let them fight amongst themselves so as to leave Melanie’s motherland alone. If one of them has total victory (Shah or Sunni) over the other then Melanie’s motherland will be the next target.

As a result it would be more beneficial not to nuke Iran but to let them mutually reduce their capacity or to let them balance up their power amongst themselves. Bear in mind the Taliban’s ideology is gathering momentum in the Sunni world. (the West has no stomach or no guts to stop them at all and the Taliban knows this from the start …) Looking at the map you will see that the Sunni world is slowly engulfing the Persian (Shah Iran) world with the help of guess who … the countries that preach DemoNcracy. Guess who is the next target if there is no Israel?

So you see Mr Cameron (trying to get everyone to intervene) is either a genius at strategy or simply a person that is trying to hype up his profile for next election without thinking through long term consequences. Either way … things will come back to haunt you for trying to be world police force.

Oh ya … I doubt Iran will nuke Israel but I cannot say of their opponent who will use it to unite their greater cause. Then it will be the west that feels the heat and need to nuke the world …

🙄

somafunk

How can we effectively neutralise Melanie Phillips? – D’ya think a blanket thrown over her head like you do with a parrot in a cage would shut her up?, or perhaps we should just let rant and rave as the audience’s reaction to her spiel was downright shock followed by catcalls and boos, she talk’s about “Where our interests lie with intervention and neutralising Iran debate – pardon me Melanie luv’ but it’s not “our” interests but more so “your” interests i believe. To be honest i used to get annoyed with her but nowadays i tend to consider her a caricature and a cheap confrontational rent-a-rant patsy for the Jewish far right, her refusal to recognise or admit to a Palestine state says far more about the Zionist indoctrination and her usual attack mode of labelling anyone who speaks out against what is being done in the name of Zionisism as “Genocide Apologetics” just renders her pitiful.

She’s pretty hateful when she starts waving that bony finger at the audience though so hopefully she’s alienated a few more Daily Mail readers.

maccruiskeen

Boris is having to work harder on his ‘likeable rumpled buffoon’ haircut nowadays by the look of things.

He’s straying into Donald Trump territory

kimbers

melanie phillips was in no way justfied in her bile filled rant against iran

she’s ascribed a remarkable set of traits to irananians making them out to be some sort of alien race bent on the destruction of earth, without giving any any references or sources to back up her claims

making her look like a paranoid, muslamic raygun fearing, racist

and then declaring the audience ignorant and trivial? for not agreeing with her

bruneep

Must iplayer QT missed it last night.

totalshell

Melanine P ‘s clearly racist views and her wide eye’d rant a highlight of a lifetimes viewing of QT
    dramatic reality tv

clubber
    Free Member

I think her fear is warranted which most in the audience could not comprehend.

Half of my family are Jewish and if things hadn’t gone our way in WW2 I’d certainly not be here. Her ‘fears’ are not justified. Her stereotyping of Iranians belonged in the BNP.

Now, I can see that some people in her situation might be scared, however that’s down to ignorance, stupidity and bigotry in varying degrees. I’ll happily accept that she’s ignorant, and possibly not as bright as she thinks and bigoted and hence her fear is understandable but only on that basis 🙂

convert

Brand confuses me. I can’t work out if I’m impressed with his clear thinking articulated in an everyman, everyday manner irrespective of the company or that it’s all a sham and part of the role he plays.

I’ve met Johnson and he was just a slightly quieter and slightly more to the point version of his public profile.

clubber
    Free Member

I reckon it’s a bit of both convert.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I normally like QT (despite the dumbing down) but got bored last night and fell asleep. Sounds like I missed the best bits. At the start, I thought Jowell and Phillips were both reasoned and Johnson less frivolous than normal. Couldn’t work Brand out – but on the face of it, rather week IMO. Is it an act or not? Hard to tell, but the matey stuff and shallowness of the comments added very little to the bits I watched. Better than Steve Coogan though.

Better watch Iplayer to see MP’s rants! I do like ( 😉 ) her earnest, “QT” face though!!

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Half of my family are Jewish and if things hadn’t gone our way in WW2 I’d certainly not be here. Her ‘fears’ are not justified. Her stereotyping of Iranians belonged in the BNP.

I didnt see QT and I cant use Iplayer atm however when someone like MP is referring to the Iranians surely She is talking about the Iranian Government and not the general population of Iran, I for one have no problem with anyone, anywhere using vitriolic criticism of any government, anywhere its what is crucial in a free and democratic society, has MP made disparaging or racist comments about the ordinairy Iranian as a people ? I repeat I didnt see last nights programme.

clubber
    Free Member

Watch and make up your own mind but she certainly didn’t target the Iranian government as I saw it…

johndoh
    Free Member

clear thinking articulated in an everyman, everyday manner

But I find myself disaffected and ennuied at his constant willful use of language in an overly multifarious way.

alpin
    Free Member

would someone please put this up on youtbe…. i’ve an hour or two to spare today and could do with a laugh.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I for one have no problem with anyone, anywhere using vitriolic criticism of any government, anywhere

Perhaps you could e-mail her a similar style rant about Israel [ or the govt] and let us know if she shares your views or calls you a racist?

I know which one I would bet on

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Team hurtmore +1

Was wondering myself why I was staying up to watch it… as Brand live is nowhere near as good as his recent columns.

But then all of a sudden Phillips, who was going pretty well with some sound and decent arguments all of a sudden exploded ( it’s about 40/45mins in for all you iplayers… but you’ve kind of got to watch it all to see what a true outbrust it was)

Oh and she wasn’t targeting the Iranian government but pretty much all Shia Muslims… nice… nut job.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Russell Brand got some good points in; since political parties are funded by bankers where do their loyalties lie?

Watching Boris fumbling over the bullsh*t of affordable housing was quality.

Melanie Phillips seems to forget that throughout history, Iran has been a relatively peaceful country~ they haven’t attacked, invaded or occupied any other country for well over 200 years; if only Israel could say the same.

I feel it was a shame that no-one raised the point that portraying Syria as a humanitarian intervention is blatant propaganda~ if it was truly about peoples welfare, then why has there been no intervention in Palestine or the Congo.

ocrider

But then all of a sudden Phillips, who was going pretty well with some sound and decent arguments all of a sudden exploded ( it’s about 40/45mins in for all you iplayers…)

Was listening to QT extra time on 5live in bed last night. It was a proper WTF moment.

Wasn’t Brand meant to be the comedian?

binners

Boris really, really doesn’t like it when he’s not the centre of attention, does he?

He really is a nasty piece of work! And it seems fewer and fewer people are buying his bumbling buffoon shtick nowadays. Thankfully. He didn’t even look convinced himself last night. Mind you. Its difficult to do your man of the people bit while you’re defending your rich mates in The City. What a ****!

Russel Brand was brilliant! Articulating what a hell of a lot of people think. And I never thought I’d ever utter those particular words

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Perhaps you could e-mail her a similar style rant about Israel [ or the govt] and let us know if she shares your views or calls you a racist?

I know which one I would bet on

Why on earth would I want to do that ?
    The last time I went to Israel I met plenty of nice amiable people and generally had a good time, I didnt see any summararily executed locals being dragged through streets by screaming fanatics though !

2tyred

Boris Johnson and the format of QT embodies so much of what’s wrong with the political system.

At one point, he said “drug use in this country is at an all time low” and nobody challenged him or questioned him on this. On what basis is he saying this? What’s the measure?

This would be fine if we accepted QT purely as entertainment (which to a large degree it is) but people often decide who to vote for on the basis of QT and similar platforms, and those people voted in get to shape policy, so we end up with government policy being driven by the sort of factually hollow crowd-pleasing soundbites people like Boris trade in.

5thElefant
    Free Member

At one point, he said “drug use in this country is at an all time low” and nobody challenged him or questioned him on this. On what basis is he saying this? What’s the measure?

That would be as dull as the wiki-foo on here.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

The last time I went to Israel I met plenty of nice amiable people and generally had a good time, I didnt see any summararily executed locals being dragged through streets by screaming fanatics though !

Did you visit the West Bank or Gaza… did you see the barrier up close?

How about Israeli bulldozers destroying Palestinian homes?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

she’s ascribed a remarkable set of traits to irananians making them out to be some sort of alien race bent on the destruction of earth, without giving any any references or sources to back up her claims

making her look like a paranoid, muslamic raygun fearing, racist fairly typical daily mail reader

binners

so we end up with government policy being driven by the sort of factually hollow crowd-pleasing soundbites people like Boris trade in.

Indeed! This lot are actually worse than Blair and Campbell. The worst offender is Ian Duncan Smith, who’s ideological mission to reform benefits is driven entirely by tabloid friendly soundbites. When every single piece of evidence points to it being an absolute shambolic disaster. But the inconvenient facts are ignored – in fact, they’re buried – while the endless mantra is repeated, ad nauseum, in a friendly press to justify the Tories ongoing assault on the poor

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Russell Brand on Question Time now’ is closed to new replies.