Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • PSA. Ross Noble offroad tonight.
  • asc73
    Free Member

He has already done the hobby class at the romantics and ridden in the 24 hrs dawn till dusk event as a solo entrant.
    I don’t know about the romantics on the easier route , but the 24 hr event is evil , I rode a few years ago and it destroyed me ,ripped my hands to bits and hurt everywhere.
    Hats off to him getting round as it is a super tough event ,best and worst week you can have in your life..

singlespeedstu

I’m struggling with the though that if he’s an enduro rider why didn’t he do the ISDE?
    Seems a bit odd. 😆

asc73
    Free Member

Think he enjoys riding the trials bike and the ssdt is
    One of the few events where normal people can ride with the best in the world.
    Not sure what the Isdt is like ,I’ve never done it,but like the Dakar I think the budget involved keeps a lot away.
    Would have loved a go at both.
    Guy Martin did the pre 65 which is a 2 day and struggled so think that puts Ross’s efforts into perspective.

Merak

shifter – Member
    I wasn’t a fan before and I’m less of one now! Whatever made him chose the SSDT?? Something more enduroey would’ve been better. That and lose a few stone.

What a shitty thing to say, have you ridden many trials events yourself?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Looks like we need spoiler alert in the freekin title 🙄

shifter
    Free Member

Oh dear, which was the shitty bit Merak? No I haven’t by the way.

singlespeedstu

Not sure what the Isdt is like ,I’ve never done it,but like the Dakar I think the budget involved keeps a lot away.

If you’re talking about the ISDE.
    It’s not the budget that kept him away. 😉
    He’d also have been able to enter quite easily.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s on again now, ep2

mattsccm
    Free Member

Never heard of the chap before but reading this I assume that he is a telly person. Nice to see some SSDT on the box but what a shame it was this way.
    Wouldn’t be hard to get a ISDE ride, just submit a club team application to the ACU.
    Do I spot a Pampera rider in our midst?
    If so ridden the Wyegate?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I think he’s doing really well considering the preparation he (didn’t) do..

It’s no mean feat, far harder than I ever imagined the SSDT to be, I thought it was a simple series of sections over a week.. never imagined it included vast expanses of moorland in between sections.

His mate though, what a cock.

IdleJon

I thought that as well. Then I thought maybe it was the editing making James look bad but then you could see how upset RN became. (I watched ep2 last week somehow?)

weeksy

I get the impression he’s a damn good rider, regular top 10s etc in Enduro. So the lad can ride.

I’m absolutely loving the programme. It’s a great watch.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, look I’ve been in mentoring situations similar (long distance rides or sailing) and yes the pressure gets to you when a weak link in the chain starts to ebb..l but that’s precisely when compassion and help and throwing away all your own goals to sacrifice for the assistance of the other weaker link.
    It makes you a much stronger person.
    I’m hoping Ross tells him to GTFO and ride his own trails, bring the situation back to one of balance.

So, next weeks programme maybe a turn around.. 😀

nedrapier

I woundn’t go that far. I can totally understand how frustrating it is to know how much of a great time you could be having if you weren’t having to look after someone who’s having more trouble.

He agreed to do it in advance, sure, but presumably he agreed to take an already handy rider (or non-novice with potential, whatever) and spend 12 months with him, getting him to where he needed to be, so the input during the trial would be much more about section advice rather than constant encouragement/haranguing, pulling him out of bogs, and always being one minor mechanical away from elimination.

And he was probably worried about it turning out like this at all, and only agreed to it after assertions that Ross would definitely put the work in. then: “Can’t start now, in an bit, start next month, next month now, sorry…”

His frustration is probably 12 months in the making, probably partly at himself for taking the project on because he thought it might work out like this, and he knew he wouldn’t react well to not being able to ride how he wants.

He does have a choice about resetting himself given where he is now, but I imagine that gets harder every time he sees a rider blat past while he’s looking round for RN…

IdleJon

Presumably he got paid enough for the job though – he’s credited quite heavily on the programme. He had a choice, I guess. Do the job he’s paid for or ride his own race and not get credits or pay? If the former he had no right to act the way he did.

Edit: just a thought, compare his attitude to Simon Pavey with Boorman on the Dakar Rally.

dmorts

Slightly OT, anyone know where those white cottages are that they’re staying in? I assume not far from Parc Fermé (car park) in Fort William

bikebouy
    Free Member

No idea, but that part of Scotland looks amazing.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘PSA. Ross Noble offroad tonight.’ is closed to new replies.