Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA: Ritchey p-650b
  • rtc3000m
    Free Member

Never bought from them before but this looked cheap to me
    does any one know if you could fit a 29er rear wheel with a 2.1 tyre in one?????

http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=2;product=48166

Kryton57

Just underneath is the 29er frame with the same offer. You can definately fit a 29 wheel in that.

rtc3000m
    Free Member

But not in my size 🙁

maximusmountain
    Free Member

I don’t know for sure if you can fit a 29er tyre in that frame but considering it says 650b I’m going to assume no.

everyone
    Free Member

Nope it fits a 2.1 650b. Also that one has a straight steerer so you’re limited on sus forks. You should still buy it though, beautiful bike.

Source: Got one sat in my garage.

honourablegeorge

Oh man. Would LOVE that.

Where would I get a 1 1/8 650b fork though?

schmiken

White Brothers Loop, or (a slight bodge) any 26 Fox fork will work fine.

slackalice
    Free Member

Gorgeous frame at a cracking price, kinda wish I had the money to get one.

A Lefty with a Lefty For All would do it as far as fork choice for me 8)

everyone
    Free Member

I’d never thought about a lefty! Does a standard 26″ one have enough clearance for a 2.25 650b?

slackalice
    Free Member

AFAIK, the Lefty’s can be spaced up or down to provide 100mm travel for a 650b wheel. It’s certainly my dream fork and until I can afford one, I’ve not really looked into it, but at a guess, a 26 Lefty with say 110mm travel would do a 650 @ 100mm with a small spacer.

It’s a guess though and I’m sure there are peeps on here who will be much more qualified to provide the correct answer.

Or try Qwerty cycles, although I’ve never had much success in getting a response from them…

schmiken

Just double checked some old notes – you can run either a 29er Lefty with 1-2 shims removed, or a 26 Lefty with 1-2 shims added. Both will give you the appropriate travel and fork length, and will leave loads of clearance too.

I also seem to have written down that this gives you around 45mm of offset – which happens to be bang in the middle of typical 26 and 29er offsets.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Ritchey p-650b’ is closed to new replies.