Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • PSA Rik Mayal night on bbc2
  • kimbers

Look out for me at the opening of his tribute bench at Hammersmith roundabout

Rubber_Buccaneer

What do you look like so I know who to look out for?

Drac

Is this you?

kimbers

I am the token rasta, mourning the peoples poet

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=6q0CkeuSqxk[/video]

Bregante

Love that kimbers. RIP peoples poet.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Iam watch this as well hoping for both bits from bottom and some vintage Lord flashhart 😀

5thElefant
    Free Member

Because of that… I’ve always laughed at rap.

DezB
    Free Member

Oh my, I haven’t cried with laughter like that in a very long time. Blackadder utter classic

Drac

Brilliant then and still is.

DezB
    Free Member

I think I found it even funnier now! My kid thought I was mad.

binners

Utter genius!!!

allthegear
    Free Member

It’s left my in floods of tears – he was amazing… 🙂

Rachel

somafunk

I can’t decide what to watch as the old grey whistle test from the 70’s is on BBC4, as a kid born of 1972 i remember sneaking down from my room and hiding in the under stairs cupboard outside the living room and listening/watching through the glass panelled door as my parents drank/smoked/danced round the room…they had guests round quite often, my dad was a skipper on the fishing boats so that says it all i guess……..…..listening to it now brings back vivid memories of being found hiding outside the door and getting dragged into the room to cries of “you should be sleeping” but it always turned out into an big adventure when you were a young kid, there was drunk folk shouting to each other, bright lights and loud music……….no wonder i was a rave kid in the early 90’s and beyond 😀

I’ll have to remind them of those early experiences when i go round for xmas dinner 😀

Stu_N

Good ref to Mr Jolly Lives Next Door.

“Just because my name’s Jolly doesn’t mean I have to be Jolly all the **** time”

slowoldman

That final set was wonderful – and yes, the air was a bit dusty here.

toppers3933
    Free Member

somafunk

I watched it all this morning whilst nursing my hangover – Blackadder was ace, that was one of my fav episodes, the Rik Mayal show was brill and the Young Ones was just glorious anarchic chaos….i used to love that show in the 80’s and i can’t believe there was only 12 episodes?. I remember watching it over and over again, Vyvian was always my fav and the final episode where the bus blows up was brilliant but sad as that was the end of it 🙁

simmy
    Free Member

I’ve just got some Music channel on TV and that Xmas song with Mel Smith & Kim Wilde came on I thought to myself ” blimey, he’s passed away now” then remembered Rik has gone as well 🙁

Rik was a genius.

Pigface
    Free Member

Great show, great man

2ft penis 😆

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Kevin Turvey’s ear – genius, sad loss.
    Howled laughing at last nights prog.

badnewz
    Free Member

Kevin Turvey – a mood and an accent – was great.
    He was head and shoulders above all his contemporaries. His comic movement and timing was completely natural, Lee Evans comes close but you get the impression he still has to work at it.

p7rich
    Free Member

I enjoyed the tribute. Dying to watch all of Bad News and More Bad News (again), but just remembered i’ve loaned the DVD.

Ade Edmondson was conspicuously absent. Independent suggests he didn’t think it appropriate: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/ade-edmondson-on-rik-mayall-im-just-completely-awash-still-9804595.html

DezB
    Free Member

Ade Edmondson was conspicuously absent

Yeah, I thought he either just couldn’t do it, or didn’t agree with it, appears to be a combination.

badnewz
    Free Member

Im not sure if Ade could have improved the tribute. He clearly had a close working relationship with Rik Mayall, probably beyond words.
    Ive had to watch the Bottom Falklands episode twice today just to remember how funny they were.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘PSA Rik Mayal night on bbc2’ is closed to new replies.