Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PSA – Ricoh GR D IV for £279 (niche content)
  • dannybgoode

If you are reading this then you probably know what this camera is all about.

Sure, the new GR V has an APS-C sensor but it has actually lost a couple of features and for street shooting a smaller sensor gives a deeper DoF at low f stops so in some ways the GR D IV is more capable.

And at £280 its an absolute steal.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RICOH-GR-DIGITAL-IV-NEW-UK-STOCK-2-YEARS-GUARANTEE-/360849713652?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item540451a9f4

Sure its ebay but backed by a 2 year warranty. I am 1 bottle of beer away from pressing the button and will probably have bought one by the time you read this!!

Cheers

Danny B

richpips
    Free Member

I’d buy a 2nd hand Fujifilm X100 for that money.

Oh, I did. 😉

seavers
    Free Member

Did you buy it then?

Just to throw my 2p in. I had the predecessor to this. It was a great camera but I found the images very noisy (shooting RAW). I wish I did some more research before getting it. Ended up selling. Not sure how this one compares but worth checking if you haven’t already.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dannybgoode

@richp – don’t get me wrong, I really like the X100 but have you seen the size of the GR D IV. Its not much worse than having a smart phone in your pocket and its ergonomics are off the scale.

@seavers – not yet but am about to. With regards to noise I have done much research and given I tend to shoot low ISO in good light its not so much of an issue. Also the noise (when it is present) on the GR D IV and the new GR at least has a film like quality to it that is quite endearing.

seavers
    Free Member

In that case I hope you enjoy your new camera!! 😀

dannybgoode

Will post some shots – in the meantime http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=ricoh+gr+d+iv

richpips
    Free Member

@richp – don’t get me wrong, I really like the X100 but have you seen the size of the GR D IV. Its not much worse than having a smart phone in your pocket and its ergonomics are off the scale.

Yep, it’s smaller, but tbh my camera phone does a fair job if I haven’t the capacity to carry the X100.

dannybgoode

Speed of focusing just isn’t there on a phone for me. For street an ultra high quality camera in a proper compact form is the way forward for me.

Very nearly bought an X100 last year and to be honest an X100S would be tempting even with the GR D given the larger sensor and 35mm equiv. focal length…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Ricoh GR D IV for £279 (niche content)’ is closed to new replies.