Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • PSA – Reverb @ CRC £130
  • Leku
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=66878

100mm and 125mm drops.

using code SAVE15

cp

Actually £130 with SAVE15

Paceman
    Free Member

Looks like a Pre-Christmas Reverb price-war is starting between the big online retailers.

weeksy

cp – Member
    Actually £130 with SAVE15

Can i apply a £10 voucher to that too ?

druidh
    Free Member

New, improved model due at the start of the year.

weeksy

Bummer… can’t add a £10 i have here too.

Still wondering about dropper posts…

I’ve never felt the need to drop mine EVER yet…

nosedive
    Free Member

I’ve never felt the need to drop mine EVER yet…

then you probably dont need one

weeksy

Indeed mate, even in the Alps, just move off the back of seat, it was fine. On the spearfish at trailcentre, didn’t feel the need… but maybe i’m missing something….

I know it’s going slightly off topic kinda lol. But i’m torn between fitting a dropper for that benefit, or a carbon seatpost for the weight loss (just bought carbon bars.)

toons
    Free Member

druidh any details on the new one?

legend
    Free Member

New one has 25mm more drop….. and that’s it

ndthornton
    Free Member

I’ve never felt the need to drop mine EVER yet..

Nobody “needs” to drop there post – but I bet you would be tons faster on techy steep stuff if you did.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Mind you – I dont think I would survive big drop offs with the saddle up. So maybe we do sometimes “need” to drop it

weeksy

ndthornton – Member

I’ve never felt the need to drop mine EVER yet..

Nobody “needs” to drop there post – but I bet you would be tons faster on techy steep stuff if you did.

It’s an interesting question… but there’s not many occasions i do ‘techy’ stuff.

grum
    Free Member

Damn you STW and your PSAs! 👿

Happy with my GD turbo but I would like to be able to not just have it either up or down.

peachos
    Free Member

happy christmas to me, happy christmas to me…

big thanks OP & mr ‘SAVE15’

bigyinn
    Free Member

Oh FFS, I’ve just been paid and got a bonus. If theres any money left after christmas and theres still stock I “might” treat myself…….

DT78
    Free Member

When you get one you’ll find you use it loads. Sections of trail like Afan’s skyline descent, has lots of up / along bits in it where you want to pedal with saddle at the right height, then some techy bits like the rock steps where you really don’t want your saddle at full height and in the way. I find I use it a lot.

And if you are worried about weight – buy 2 posts and swap between them depending on the riding you are doing. That’s what I did for my anthem.

Trail centre = reverb, race = ibeam

skiprat
    Free Member

on the lever front, when it says left or right, is the button above or below the bars?

Looking to mount one on the left under the bars.

IA

Couldn’t resist buying one whilst cheap in the size I need for a new bike I might be getting….if I sell the current one (anyone want an el guapo? Check my ads…)…. oops.

Well figure I can return for a refund unused if I end up not needing a 31.6.

RealMan
    Free Member

Any reason why you wouldn’t buy this?

Also how do you know what length you need?

bruneep

Just don’t tell anyone who is selling one in the classified section.

bigjim

damn it. 300g heavier than my Hope post though. Hmm.

townydc
    Free Member

DT78 “And if you are worried about weight – buy 2 posts and swap between them depending on the riding you are doing. That’s what I did for my anthem”

What size did you get for your Anthem?

Dave

T666DOM

Bargaintastic!! anybody want a KS i7 with green remote kit, comes with free shim to fit 30.9, not that I’ll need it now!!!!

stevede
    Free Member

Skiprat- you want the right hand lever if you intend to run it underneath on the left.

smogmonster

Remember your extra 3% off at Quidco as well….

nosedive
    Free Member

buy 2. use SAVE40

shifter
    Free Member

Wonder why it says “seatpost and remote only”?

toons
    Free Member

no bleed kit

bigjim

I guess they are OEM and no bleed kit or any other spares/extras you would get with the boxed one.

shifter
    Free Member

Ah ok, cheers for that.

smogmonster

Bleed kits are £15 from Ebay (Epic Bleed Solutions). Thats a Reverb and 2 boxes of Gu Gels for me for £163 using Quidco and the Save 40 code. Awesome. This one will go on the Fritzz, and the KS950 off that will go on the classifieds on here.

In case anyone is in doubt, the Reverbs are bloody great IMHO – i already have one on my Fuel Ex and thinks its fantastic.

goodgrief
    Free Member

Any reason why you wouldn’t buy this?

because i’ve heard of a few cases where crc-bought reverbs get refused warranty because they’re oem and crc don’t give a hoot.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

whats the drop on ks950 smogmonster?

Crell
    Free Member

because i’ve heard of a few cases where crc-bought reverbs get refused warranty because they’re oem and crc don’t give a hoot.

I had an OEM reverb I bought from Rose bikes. SRAM UK just replaced it under warranty. All I needed was my receipt.

smogmonster

Rob Jackson, its 5″ drop IIRC..it might be an i900 though, i cant remember off the top of my head. Remote lever model.

tor5
    Free Member

Ordered, nice one.

@weeksy

You need to apply the £10 voucher first. I just paid £89.99 for mine after applying two £20 vouchers, then the SAVE15 code.

weeksy

doesn’t work for the £10 vouchers mate.. tried it both ways round.

Andy-R

T666DOM – Member
    Bargaintastic!! anybody want a KS i7 with green remote kit, comes with free shim to fit 30.9, not that I’ll need it now!!!!

I’d be interested in that, depending on what you want for it.
    If you want to get shut of it, drop me an email.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

smogmonster – Member
    Rob Jackson, its 5″ drop IIRC..it might be an i900 though,

if it’s 30.9 and the dropzone model I’m interested 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Reverb @ CRC £130’ is closed to new replies.