Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • PSA Revelation White 15mm Remote now £270 at Merlin
  • yunki
    Free Member

reviews seem to be reliability is a problem and not to bother

reviews or a review..?

I’ve not heard of any issues from realworld owners.. a great fork in fact.. I’ve certainly had no problems with mine at all..

it’s for sale here though as I’m looking at a more xc orientated build and I’m wanting a dedicated 120mm fork

smiff
    Free Member

It’s smiff with an M, and Merlin should be paying me commission.. :p

don’t forget to helitape those b***ers up to keep em shiny and white!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

BTW sMiff – the warranty on mine was sorted out by sram via merlin

Rich_s
    wisepranker
    Free Member

Mine arrived yesterday and were fitted to the bike.
    Nice forks, not too heavy either. They are only about 100g heavier than a set of RS Reba’s.

From my first impressions, they’re a lot firmer than the original Revelation RL’s that were fitted to my Stumpjumper. Hopefully I’ll be able to get some miles on them over the weekend to see what they ride like.

Another thing I’ve noticed is that Quidco have upped their cash back with Merlin to 5% for the next three days. Not a huge increase but it’s better an a kick in the teeth!

smiff
    Free Member

well spotted, 13.50 cashback so £256.50 total, wery nice.

they might need oil/grease from new, dunno.

still in stock.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I got the same fork last year from Merlin, but I HATE white! Mine are black, with a tapered steerer. I paid £315, hoping they would go out to 150mm (They did!) then sold the lockout for £15.

Oh. And there was a free DT Swiss 240 hub with them too, which was £110 worth….

£300 for fork and hub? Yes please! 🙂

wisepranker
    Free Member

Just had a promotion email from Merlin. They’ve upped the price on the Rev’s now, they’re up to £330 but you still get the 10% off as well.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

can u drop these to 130 or 120 mm ?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

130, 140 and 150 I beleive

bigrich

i have the rtc3, awesome forks, and am definitely not running them at 150mm on my soul, where they are awesome, which I wouldn’t know if they were as I’m not; that would void the warranty. definitely. Clear? Good.

smiff
    Free Member

but black is now down to £300.. anyone who wanted black. gogogo!

OR

if you wanted black but got white to save £100, start swearing 😡

hehe. these are nice forks feel a ton better than old rebas, even though mostly the same, lots of small refinements that add up. the new cable clamp, clicky adjusters.. price is about the same too (think i paid £225 for reba SL from Merlin) so really can’t complain at £300 now.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Bought a Set last night, gona put them on my handjob so need to step them down to 130mm….anybody have any tips on how to do this, haven’t had any Rockshox apart for ages

faceplanter
    Free Member

Bought a Set last night, gona put them on my handjob so need to step them down to 130mm….anybody have any tips on how to do this, haven’t had any Rockshox apart for ages

http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/AI2eab6UCQXF2oI6WYGjmfGn2AKwj8ORWSnDla3YG14/mtime:1301946040/sites/default/files/techdocs/2011-revelation-technical-manual.pdf
    Page 14, you need a couple of 10mm spacers though, none came with my Merlin Rev’s unfortunately…:-(

nuke

I’m guessing they could be upgraded to U-Turn or Dual Position…anyone got any idea how much it would cost?

smiff
    Free Member

anyone who’s replaced a shorter fork with these… you’ll have slacked your HA and maybe messed up steering.. this is probably obvious, but before you reach for the spacers, try a short stem, 40-50mm short. i had no idea this could change handling so much, was 65mm before too, not long. had something of a “revelation” (groan) of my own whilst riding today between the rains. So i am genuinely concerned my trails may be too easy now :D. assumes you have long enough top tube, ymmv etc.

also don’t forget about angle headsets and offset bushes:

http://www.workscomponents.co.uk
    http://www.burgtec.co.uk/

supporting companies with great products and service!

the extra front end cornering grip with good fork + slacker HA is also pretty astounding. 5 mins of fork setup. wish i’d bought this one earlier.

if you still need the spacers and don’t have them, ask Merlin, should come with 2 x 10mm.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

150mm on a handjob would be crap IMO, it would lost the quick snappy feel

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘PSA Revelation White 15mm Remote now £270 at Merlin’ is closed to new replies.