Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • PSA: Rejoice people……because its National Pie Week.
  • sbob
    Free Member

themightymowgli – Member

So is fish pie actually a pie? Does it count? Or is it simply fish, eggs and peas in white sauce with mashy spud on top?

It is not a pie, but can be called one. Same as cottage, or shepherd’s.

Murray

Any recommendations for supermarket pies?

zzjabzz
    Free Member

Got to make pork pies for seven people tomorrow. Not sure how many to prepare. I thought maybe 22 between them would be about right…

wwaswas

Huge if true:

“I remember when all this were pies, lad”

Peyote
    Free Member

Oh… Sorry, wrong pi!

My local bakers have got a special offer on pies: 3.1 for 2.

Sorry IGMC.

Tracey

Tonight’s pie is cheese and onion with sweet potato wedges followed by black cherry pie and custard

Any one else still pieing

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

When does Pie Week finish officially?
    Could I still make a pie after the cut off time or would it not count?
    Can’t we just have a ‘Pie Year’?
    The Chinese have a year of this that & the other so why not? (well, Ox, Rabbit, Pig & Horse but I wouldn’t fancy the others in a pie TBH) 🙂

Tracey

6th to 12th of March. We have pie Thursday at work every week where some one takes in a fruit pie to shared with anyone who is quick enough before it all goes.

Wagon and Horses at Langsett have pie Sundays which is always nice after a Cutgate ride

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve had anothe slice of ^^ that up there, TBH it’s better the day after.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I know of a lot of “rugby” cabs who would be very very upset to be born a pie. They would likely be disowned by their families in fact.

Tracey

Tasty

johndoh
    Free Member

OP – that’s a fail, I can see a vegetable on the plate.

wwaswas

But is it even a PIE?

rossburton
    Free Member

Just picked up a Chicken, Bacon and Leek Penny’s Pies (of Cornwall) for lunch in honour of Pie Week. Getting hungry already…

Tracey

Had shepherds pie and beans last night. Tonight, for four in a row, I’m going to make chicken and chorizo with a layer of black pudding under the crust.

Last nights leftovers are for lunch today

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Tracey, what time shall I leave Ayrshire to get to Yorkshire in time for that?….. 😆

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m calling Bullshit Wwaswas, no way did the Weegies pick a pork pie, not a bloody chance!.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m calling Bullshit Wwaswas, no way did the Weegies pick a pork pie, not a bloody chance!.

I scrolled down to post exactly this sentence. Spooky!

Tracey

Give yourself a good five hours drive. When ever we come north it always takes 30% longer that the satnav says at the start. It will be ready for 8.30 after I have been in the back of the garage to find the parts for my new build and taken the dog to the vets for her booster. 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Happy days, I’ll bring the Lambrusco.

Cougar

But is it even a PIE?

I explained this last time.

I believe we can make an exception to names of pies that aren’t defined by their ingredients. That is to say, a pork pie is a pie with pork in it. A shepherd’s pie does not contain shepherds, and similarly a cottage pie generally does not contain cottages.

Ie, “shepherd’s pie” is the full name of a dish that is not actually a pie, in the same way that an Eccles cake is not actually a cake. See also, beef wellington.

Tracey

Missed the Lambrusco. Best pie this week. Need to think of which one tomorrow.

novaswift
    Free Member

Forsyths of Peebles Pork pie…or 2 if you can handle it

Tracey

Bit far to travel so will be making my own.

Thanks for the tip though as I will try one when we arrive for the Enduro in a couple of weeks time. They will need to be good to beat the local offerings

slowoldman

Well the Guardian know the rules about pastry

Pie Barm

Cougar

I know I’m a bit late but, how’s my pie-ing?

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Rejoice people……because its National Pie Week.’ is closed to new replies.