Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • PSA: Reduced Santa Cruz at CRC
  • BoardinBob

never seen them sell Santa Cruz before but they’ve got a bunch of stuff reduced

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mountain-bikes?f=4293768291

Pile on some BC discount for another 10%

unsponsored
    Free Member

They also have some frames – http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/santa-cruz

chilled76
    Free Member

Thanks op… you have just however cost me 2k!!!

Ordered a highball.

I’m hoping the spec matches the picture. Are they carbon rims?

BoardinBob

Looks like Enve in the pic but wouldn’t expect them at that RRP

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Sorry to rain on your parade chilled, I was looking at the Tallboy and the pic shows 1×11 drivetrain but the description refers to 3×10 XT cranks vs Raceface on the pic. I’d be on the phone to check asap if it bothers you.

chilled76
    Free Member

Yeh I have. They can’t tell me the spec. I’m sending it back if it doesn’t match, ordered it on the credit card so I’ve got protection. They’ve put a note on their system that if I’m not happy with the spec then they will return it FOC.

I’m fully expecting some sort of poverty spec to turn up.

angeldust
    Free Member

Yeh I have. They can’t tell me the spec. I’m sending it back if it doesn’t match, ordered it on the credit card so I’ve got protection. They’ve put a note on their system that if I’m not happy with the spec then they will return it FOC.

I’m fully expecting some sort of poverty spec to turn up.

At that price, you might as well cancel the order now, and save yourself the hassle of sending it back. It won’t be the spec in the photo.

tpbiker
    Free Member

You spent 2k on a bike with only the info from that link to go on?

As above.. It’s not even been reduced by that much so I’m afraid you won’t be getting the enve build! But it’s a nice bike all the same regardless.

wiggles
    Free Member

SC always use the high end models for marketing photos. Had the same problem in the past people order a £2.5K bronson thinking it came with the kashima 36s and enves in the picture without reading the spec…

taxi25
    Free Member

£2.5K bronson thinking it came with the kashima 36s and enves in the picture without reading the spec…

CRC in this case aren’t giving you a chance to read the spec. As far as I could see the build isn’t listed anywhere !!!

razorrazoo

This is the same Highball model Linky

Alu WTB rims, RS Recon Forks etc.

Note same stock pic with different spec underneath.

steve_b77
    Free Member

A curated mix of Shimano XT, Deore and SRAM components.

What a crock of horse $h!t

bigjim

What a crock of horse $h!t

But it says santa cruz on it!

I will be using “curated” to describe the mix of five year old slx and other guff on my bike though!

rhid

Am I missing something but it tells you the spec (well most of it) in the text on the CRC page?

Yes I was. i was looking at the Tallboy not the Highball.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Be interesting to know if the came from a official UK source or outside of the UK.

Gachet
    Free Member

That Highball was never going to have a decent spec as its only been reduced by 8%. Enve wheels would cost more than the rrp of the bike. It’s a decent frame with components from a sub £1K hardtail so should be a lot cheaper considered good it’s a three year old model.

chilled76
    Free Member

Cancelled it. That was all a bit weird… thought I had to act quick to get a bargain. No harm done.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

My marriage is decidedly glad that tall boy is a medium.

vincienup
    Free Member

Be interesting to know if the came from a official UK source or outside of the UK.

I’ve just been having a nosy at a few things on Stif. I note they’re not able to ship Santa Cruz outside of the UK, so no Eire. Not sure how long that’s been the case, I tend to avoid Stif in case of expensive button pushing. Presume it’s an importer territory thing.

@Gatchet, SC full builds usually look expensive. I’ve had it explained that it’s down to distribution as the builds aren’t factory supply but importer assembled and the frame importer doesn’t have direct access to Most parts without buying them in at no better rates than any other shop – Vs the online discounters – so component levels do look low for price as there are no OE advantages available. TBH, I’m surprised this is still the case, but there you go, I’m still surprised shops can often buy cheaper from CRC than the distributor…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Reduced Santa Cruz at CRC’ is closed to new replies.