Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PSA – Record those serial numbers!!! Take photos!
  • JoeG
    Free Member

Some of us were lucky enough to get a new bike for Christmas. 😀 Others may have received some expensive new parts like a frame, suspension fork, dropper seatpost, or a new set of wheels. 🙂

But how many of you have recorded the serial number of that shiny new bike? ❓ Or taken a photo of your old bike with the new upgrades? ❓

So, what are you waiting for? There are too many threads on this forum about stolen bikes! A few minutes spent now may come in in very useful if your are unfortunate enough to have a bike stolen in the future!

Tonight I realized myself that I hadn’t written down the serial # of my new On-One Fatty 😳 so I just did. 🙂

racefaceec90

good idea on the photo front.although i jot down the serial numbers of my bikes,will photo the serial numbers also.as you said unfortunately too many bikes get stolen 🙁

FieldMarshall

At Cannock the police were handing out leaflets about this website, as they said they have real trouble reuniting recovered bikes with owners.

http://www.immobilise.com/

Its used and promoted by police forces across the country.

I have registered my bikes on there. Plus you can add photos.

highclimber
    Free Member

My orange P7 came with the serial number on a sticker but not stamped into the frame. I have the number on my Immobilise account but it’s kind of useless if its not on the frame! how do I go about getting it stamped?

DickBarton

Local police should be able to stamp it…they used to do that when i wur a lad…

theflatboy
    Free Member

good shout on reminding me about immobilise – amazingly i could remember my login details and it lists two bikes i no longer own and doesn’t list two that i currently do.

time to update i think!

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I took detailed close up photos of all my bikes showing frame numbers, scratches, dings and other unique features then I uploaded them to Photobucket so hopefully they will never get lost!

theflatboy
    Free Member

bump to remind me and others to get updating.

JoeG
    Free Member

Putting the photos on Photobucket or similar is a great idea!

Then you would be able to access them from anywhere should something bad happen to one of your bikes.

Fudd
    Free Member

Good call. I have a build thread for each of my bikes on another site; Its a bit of a vanity exercise and it’s interesting to hear the comments of others but it should also come in handy for the insurance claim if the worst does happen…

globalti
    Free Member

Yep; I have a file on Photobucket with pics of all our bikes, each titled with the frame number.

faz083
    Free Member

At Cannock the police were handing out leaflets about this website, as they said they have real trouble reuniting recovered bikes with owners.

http://www.immobilise.com/

Its used and promoted by police forces across the country.

I have registered my bikes on there. Plus you can add photos.

Haven’t looked properly but wouldn’t the database for this just be a burglars heaven? Address; Items; Value… ? I appreciate it’s probably above the mental capacity of most of them to be able to even access that website let alone penetrate their database, but suppose they did? Would screw everyone over…

andrewh
    Free Member

My orange P7 came with the serial number on a sticker but not stamped into the frame. I have the number on my Immobilise account but it’s kind of useless if its not on the frame! how do I go about getting it stamped?

Try datatags or similar, a little chip inside the frame.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Record those serial numbers!!! Take photos!’ is closed to new replies.