Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PSA re: Cli-Machx
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

We went to ride Cli-Nachx a couple of times on Friday. Fantastic route and much better is you take the short cut and just play with the final decent. What’s more, the time you save by not going around means time for another run.

We stopped for something to eat in Machynlleth first though. If you do the same, my advice would be to not use the Kebab House next to the Spar shop! Two of us has donar meat and chips with garlic mayo (no different to what we normally have) and boy did we feel ill after that. We’ll not be eating there again in a hurry. We’ve not been ill, it just really didn’t taste very nice and we both thought we were going to hurl before we’d even started climbing.

timber

noooooo!
    that place does a lovely kebab meat pizza, my dreams are shattering

scratch
    Free Member

Dick’s Diner!

franki
    Free Member

The kebab I got from there last visit to Mach, was bloomin’ marvelous! 😀

jam-bo

i’ve been there a couple of times now and only ever done the last decent. the first shortcut up to it and the northshore isn’t really worth it though.

iolo
    Free Member

If it didn’t taste nice why did you eat it?
    You didn’t think of taking it back there and then rather than try to ruin their business on a forum which they will never see and therefore not have the right to defend themselves,
    I’ve always had great food there.
    If I had a pre ride donner I’d want to hurl on he first climb.

franki
    Free Member

If I had a pre ride donner I’d want to hurl on he first climb.

Same here!
    Apres-ride only!!!

I love the Cli-machx route, but I’ve ridden better trails in the forest on the Dyfi Enduro. Probably couldn’t find most of them again on my own though!

SidKillerest
    Free Member

Yes i agree with franki – get yo ass in the Dyfi Forest for some better trails – and link up with the mach later on for a grand day out.
    Oh, and dont eat that spinning elephant leg rubbish before or after. From any keeeebab shop. I aint had one since the fat from one dribbled on to me hand and set like candle wax!. Rough.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PSA re: Cli-Machx’ is closed to new replies.