• This topic has 42 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by drlex.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • PSA – Rapha Trade Team Jerseys
  • aazlad
    Free Member

Reduced from £140 to £60 (+£6 p+p)

wittonweavers
    Free Member

where?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Rapha, they have a sale on atm..

Gary_M
    Free Member

shhh

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Oh goody. A ‘Va va Froome’ T-Shirt.

weeksy

Wow… is their stuff any good ? it’s VERY expensive !

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ 😆

C’mon, lets not have THAT argument again.. 😛

Gotama
    Free Member

Ta, that wasn’t on there the other day when I looked. One garish orange jersey coming my way. 😀

nemesis
    Free Member

The Sky replica jersey is a bargin at £37.50… If you can stomach wearing the Sky look 🙂

warton
    Free Member

those trade team jerseys are awful.

I wish rapha would realise that they do the whole understated thing better than anything else.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Hmmm think I quite like the blue one. What’s the cut of their jerseys like?

nemesis
    Free Member

The belt’s only £50. Bargin. I’ll have ten!

Gary_M
    Free Member

£60 for a jersey isn’t ‘very expensive’.

But yes it is very good.

those trade team jerseys are awful.

I like them, in fact the reason I didn’t buy one when they came out was that I couldn’t decide which one I liked best. Now I can buy 2 for less than the price of one.

mrblobby
    Free Member

wish rapha would realise that they do the whole understated thing better than anything else.

Use to quite like the look of their kit, but whenever I see their new stuff I think they’ve lost their way a bit. The single band on the arm motif, a bit too understated maybe.

Oh and if we’re talking favourite stupidly priced Rapha item… I present the “essentials” case, 45 quid…

🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

aaaaannnndddd £800 later 😳

mrblobby
    Free Member

aaaaannnndddd £800 later

Go on then, let’s see your shopping list 🙂

iainc

the Essentials bag is very nice in the flesh and a decent design for going in back pocket. My mate got one at the weekend as a birthday pressie from his wife – I sent her the link !

If it was something like £15 I’d buy one too, but no way at £45, or even the £37 that Evans were doing them at.

Junkyard
    Free Member

£60 for a jersey isn’t ‘very expensive’.

Have you ever tried an Aldi top 😉

Not paying those prices for non waterproof kit that you can buy direct for about £30 on ebay 😛

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

so if you were a skinny racing snake with a 36″ chest which put you at the top of a small or the bottom of medium (which also somehow fits a 39″) which one fits – is the small help-cant-breath tight or the medium newbie-baggy-flappy? And I’ve never dissed Rapha on here, ever, absolutely no hypocrisy here, move along, nothing to see.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nooo your not seeing my list, show me yours first 😆

saxabar
    Free Member

I got suckered once after a 20% off offer. Top arrived, fitted great (a real medium) and comfy to ride in, but stains (sun spray and a bit of oil) would not come out of it at suggested temps, nor higher. Due to be relegated to rag status after less than 10 rides. Not impressed at all. If you won’t be dissuaded, don’t buy non-black!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nooo your not seeing my list, show me yours first

Ha, I think my list will remain empty. My bike spending over the past couple of months is already a little excessive 😳 (new power meter, disc wheel, Zipp bar assembly, kask bambino, and that’s just the big ones…)

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Lovely stuff, ordered the Phoenix Gimondi one, in response to CTM you’re likely a small, I’m a medium and I’m no racing snake.

jamiep
    Free Member

crashtestmonkey
    so if you were a skinny racing snake with a 36″ chest which put you at the top of a small or the bottom of medium (which also somehow fits a 39″) which one fits – is the small help-cant-breath tight or the medium newbie-baggy-flappy? And I’ve never dissed Rapha on here, ever, absolutely no hypocrisy here, move along, nothing to see.

Small, which I what I have in them. 36″ chest, 9.5 stone, 5’8″

edit: that would be race fit but not Italian fit

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just go shop at Monton cycling.. for even cheaper sky wannabe gear (knock off stuff though)
    Just bought an assos jersey from them in a nice blue colour

drlex
    Free Member

Save the p&p; order four & return three with the pre-paid returns label.
    Benefit of giving you the chance to check size & colour options.

aazlad
    Free Member

I’m no fanboy but I appreciate good kit and 60 notes for a cycling jersey of this quality is great value. Haters will always hate but im a convert. (I don’t understand the hate – designed in the UK, manufactured in Europe, it creates jobs, boosts the economy, etc.

I’ve been using a Rapha country jersey for commuting 26km each way 3 days per week since January and its as good as the day I received it (used from eBay) It fits well, washes well and looks good.

I couldn’t justify full price rapha kit but at the price of a nylon rag from Evans I’ll take one please. (Or two because I couldn’t decide which colour).

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

As a long-time hater and potential hypocrite 😉 the hate is directed at their marketing, where they take themselves FAR too seriously, and consequently so do SOME of it’s wearers.

Having recently ridden behind a girl at a sportif in rapha kit it (/she) actually looked really good and forced me to challenge my preconceptions. 60 quid is reasonable for a quality jersey, and as someone who owns everything from Aldi to Assos quality kit is so much nicer to wear. Whether its worth the difference in price is subjective.

plus-one

Transfer jacket ordered 🙂 Been wanting one for ages but not at £190 !!!!! £95 is better..

It won’t be worn on the bike either 🙂

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I got the blue trade top when it came out, its very nicely styled, as is all their kit.

At 6.2″ and 73kgs the medium is a little baggy, but for its intended purpose of long rides rather than racing its perfect.

The blue lightweight cap also matches very well for the complete look.

IMO 60 quid is a cracking price.

Now go ride your handmade steel racer down some gavel and look longingly into the distance….

mrblobby
    Free Member

the hate is directed at their marketing

I know what you mean. Quite like their kit but I do wonder who their marketing is aimed at, it’s actually painful to browse and is very off putting 😕 But as you say, when you see someone out in the real world wearing some of their kit, it does look really good.

hatter

I was a long time Rapha abstainer largely due their ‘portly Dentist looking serious’ image but needed a wool jersey for commuting and after much hoo’ing an humming I was talked into a Classic jersey.

Oh lord it’s nice, the fit, the general layout, the way the pockets work, the way it’s already outlasted all other merino tops I’ve owned.

The marketing may be a bit poo-faced but certain items of Rapha kit really are outstanding and fair play to them for that.

mrblobby
    Free Member

poo-faced

And I thought it was meant to be road grime 😀

Oh lord it’s nice, the fit, the general layout, the way the pockets work, the way it’s already outlasted all other merino tops I’ve owned.

My one Rapha item is an Classic jersey from a couple of years back, and it is nice. Though it has a small middle pocket and bigger ones at the sides, which is a bit of a pain. Doesn’t get much use since I got my Gabba though.

poolman
    Free Member

top psa – blue one on its way. Thanks

peteimpreza

To all who have ordered sale items.

Some of the prices have been reduced today.

I have just been refunded the difference between what I paid and todays price saving me a further £25.

Luckily the same size and colour was still showing as in stock.

aazlad
    Free Member

My white/black trade team jersey arrived yesterday. I wore it on the commute this morning and am very pleased with it. Almost tempted to order a second one in a different colour or the club jersey which has been reduced to £55.

Lifer
    Free Member

crashtestmonkey – Member

As a long-time hater and potential hypocrite the hate is directed at their marketing, where they take themselves FAR too seriously, and consequently so do SOME of it’s wearers.

Kuco

Not sure what size I need,normally ride in large Endura.

dantsw13

Ordered a grey/pink/black club jersey and it arrived today. Very, very nice indeed. Hopefully the sport wool merino mix will hold its size and shape.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not really liked the styling of much of their recent stuff, though these from the Eurobike show do take my fancy…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Rapha Trade Team Jerseys’ is closed to new replies.