• This topic has 249 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by drlex.
Viewing 10 posts - 241 through 250 (of 250 total)
  • PSA Rapha sale – further reductions
  • somafunk

Another thumbs up for the hooded rain jacket i bought in the previous sale, It was blowing a hoolie t’day and despite the sunshine it was interspersed with torrential rain showers that turned the single lane roads into mini rivers but the rain jacket kept me totally bone dry underneath and not a hint of condensation either.

So i’m now looking at the medium classic softshell jacket or the medium hardshell jacket to complete my riding gear, has anyone got one? – what do you think of it, how does it size up compared to the rain jacket?.

dantsw13

I’d say the current deal on the classic softshell is hard to refuse!

In recent Rapha sales I’ve purchased:
    club Jersey for £50
    Merino hooded top with wind proof front £31
    Hooded Rain Jacket £80
    LS brevet Jersey with gilet £56.
    Couple of rapha riding hats £5

They are all perfect for the job they do, and a steal at those prices!

Oh, and a couple of the Rapha club T shirts at £11 each – really nice fit , long in the body. That Rapharacing ebay page is worth keeping a regular eye on.

dantsw13

Somafunk – I think the hooded rain jacket was from the city riding range, so I’d expect those other 2 to be slightly more fitted.

somafunk

Cheers dan, i have enough room under the hooded rain jacket for a primaloft vest and its not so tight fitting that it looks like obvious cycling gear when worn out n’ about without the bike, i guess the softshell in the same size would be spot on.

Edit : Ahhh bugger, the classic softshell is not available in a medium, 🙁

somafunk

Well i finally succumbed to purchase of a hardshell jacket in medium seeing as the soft-shell was out of stock, arrived yesterday and Ooof! – it’s a close fit which kinda perturbed me. I’ve been out for the last two hours in rain & fog @ 3º with only the winter base layer underneath – I’ve never really had form fitting bike stuff before but i’m sold on the idea now as there was no creases to gather water nor extraneous zips/decorative crap to annoy me. Kept me toasty warm yet at no point did i feel the need to drop the zip to gain extra breathability despite actually riding hard up a hill for the first time this year, and as an added bonus when i popped into the local bakers i received a rather flattering comment (bout the jacket – not me 😐 ) so i treated myself to a doughnut for my cappuccino….which i guess has destroyed any fat burning benefits of the mornings ride.

Very happy i bought it now as i see the price has returned to normal, when’s the next sale? – now all i need want is a soft-shell for year round use and a decent set of bibs or shorts 😀

drlex
    Free Member

If you’re heading West, the Rapha “Archive Store” at Shepton Mallet had a good selection, but I’d give it a week to restock, as opening day today was a bit of a bun fight and I CBA to wait an hour to buy a couple of jerseys and a pair of jeans that I didn’t really need (& would upset various STWers, given my age).

somafunk

Unfortunately if i i’ll very soon end up in the northern Irish sea/Atlantic where i fear even the waterproofness of the hardshell jacket will be lacking.

Ti’z a shame all the Rapha outlet sales are held down south.

kelvin

Ti’z a shame all the Rapha outlet sales are held down south.

They are not.

somafunk

Are they not? – any in scotland?

drlex
    Free Member

Sorry, somafunk – I thought you were London-way. If you’ve a particular item in mind, let me know and I’ll look out for it when I go back at the end of next week or so.

Viewing 10 posts - 241 through 250 (of 250 total)

The topic ‘PSA Rapha sale – further reductions’ is closed to new replies.