• This topic has 249 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by drlex.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 250 total)
  • PSA Rapha sale – further reductions
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Oh man I LOVE Rapha kit and can’t fault them refunding me the £15 difference on a jersey I purchase in Nov that was put in the sale last week. however it has just been reduced by ANOTHER £10!!!!! ARGH .. shows how much money they make and NEVER pay full price.

I must resist the merino wool base layer.. I must resist ANYTHING in my size on this site 🙂

I am a Rapha addict and I need help

mrblobby
    Free Member

Munqe-chick, your pain may soon be over, final reductions now apparently.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Phew that’ll teach me next time to wait until “FINAL REDUCTION” day as they always have XS in my size left and if they don’t I didn’t need it anyway 🙂

iainc

large cross came today, perfect fit, although would echo comments re slightly long arms. 5ft 10, 12.5 stone, longish back,

Lantern-Rouge
    Free Member

My medium cross jersey arrived today. Looks and feels like a nice bit of kit. Sleeves seem a bit long but I think I’d rather have that then them being on the short side. Also nice to see the jersey has a few features such as the pump sleeve that were not mentioned on the web site.

Interesting to read that so many people have been refunded the difference from goods they ordered earlier in the sale. I got a ls brevet jersey and see it has been reduced by a further £45. Tempted to see if they will refund the difference especially as I’m probably going to order something else that I really, really, really don’t need.

tinribz
    Free Member

tinribz – I’m a shade (1cm!) under 6ft and 11.5 stone – do you reckon I should go large in the country, I was going to order medium

I don’t know how big medium or large is, but sounds like a medium would ‘fit’ but maybe a little short given other comments.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Couple of things ordered for the inner hipster in me 😀

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

tinribz, I’d go medium for fast training and large for Sunday coffee runs.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Lantern Rouge there is no MIGHT about it! Get on that email to customer services, they’ll give you a voucher code.. perfect justification for that piece of kit that you want but don’t need .. as you have a voucher which needs using! I now have £45 in my basket waiting for something nice to spend it on got 12 months to use it too 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Winston, buy both sizes, qualify for free shipping, use free returns on the one you don’t want.

They initially feel a bit short in the body, but for me that works out perfect once on the bike.

peteimpreza

Just had an email final reductions are now made.

I have just bought something for £50 that was originally £150, reduced to £75.

Houns

Tried the medium cross Jersey on, does fit quite different from my other Rapha stuff, it’s quite short at the front, even when I inhale my gunt, perfect everywhere else

chakaping
    Free Member

Chakaping – if you haven’t sent the medium cross jersey back yet I might well be interested, is it the ls one?

Yep L/S.

Drop me a line, email in profile.

🙂

Lantern-Rouge
    Free Member

Cheers Munqe-chick, e-mail sent. Good to know you get 12 months to use the voucher.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Awesome, just tried my LS Cross Jersey on, fits beautifully! Feels absolute top quality. I get the little pump sleeve in the centre pocket but what’s the other loop for in the side one?

somafunk

After getting soaked going to work and coming back home from work t’night i’ve ordered a Hooded rain jacket, i’m between sizes so ordered a medium + large, couldn’t resist getting a LS country jersey as well along with a merino hat. At those prices it’s almost good value.

winston
    Free Member

LS Country Jersey, Winter base layer and a merino hat for me! They were at Endura prices FFS

karnali
    Free Member

ive jsut sent back a small and medium long sleeve cross jersey so they should be back up on the site in a a couple of days

bikebouy
    Free Member

The reason for the long(ish) arms is a simple one…

They’re cut for roadies who stretch out on a road bike…

Not squished up on an upright dandy horse 😆

Got that?

Good, carry on.

jools182
    Free Member

they’ve sold out of Country Jersey and winter base layer in Large

so that’s my mind made up, I was very close to clicking

If anyone has a Large jersey they are thinking of selling on, let me know

Daffy

If anyone has a medium cross jersey that they’re going to send back, I’d like to buy it please.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Aye, if anyone’s got a large cross jersey they’re gonna send back, gimme a shout!

mrblobby
    Free Member

The reason for the long(ish) arms is a simple one…

They’re cut for roadies who stretch out on a road bike…

He is quite right. If you think your cross jersey is a bit short just try it on a bike first.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Anyone else’s Mrs rip **** out ’em for the bag that the Cross jersey came with? She’s so supportive…

Gary_M
    Free Member

No but my son did take the piss out of me when he looked at my hardshell jacket size small – his question was ‘is it for a child?’. He did say it looked better on though. It is very much a race fit though.

I would have ordered a medium to try that too but they only had small in stock until last night, so ordered a medium now to see what that’s like.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Winter base now down to 40 quid. Really is a lovely bit of clothing. Tempted to get another.

jools182
    Free Member

no large unfortunately, or possibly fortunately

Lantern-Rouge
    Free Member

I got a reply to my e-mail with regards to the refund for the difference in sale price. It seems they lowered the price further in an effort to get rid of the odd sizes and as mine was not an odd size I don’t qualify for a refund or credit note. Oh well no harm in trying!

somafunk

I ordered a long sleeve country jersey in Blue (medium and red (large) so i’ll be sending back the one that doesn’t fit unless someone on here wants it.

And on mrblobby’s recommendation above i ordered a grey winter base layer in medium to pair with one of the hooded rain jackets i ordered, i figure even if the medium is a rather tight fight it doesn’t matter as it’ll be hidden by the jacket.

Not bought any cycle clothing for ages so it was time for a treat (or so i keep telling myself)

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

No but my son did take the piss out of me when he looked at my hardshell jacket size small – his question was ‘is it for a child?’. He did say it looked better on though. It is very much a race fit though.

Lol good luck racing in a hardshell.

jools182
    Free Member

I’d be interested in a large winter base layer or a Country top in blue or black size large if anyone has one they’re thinking of returning

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Monkeyfudger tell your wife to wind her neck in 😉 I was only telling Crashtestmonkey how AWESOME I thought the cross bag was! I was disappointed none of my ladies jerseys came with a fasionable little bag, until he pointed out the reason for it was in cx you get super mucky so take jersey off and just throw it in the bag!!! See a good idea behind it .. but I do still want one 🙂

Houns

£20 and you can have mine :p

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Ha ha stuff that cost 50p to make.. probably similar price to the actual jersey! selling them with such discounts shows how much mark up they have! But I don’t care sale Rapha items I love 🙂

Houns

Make one for 50p or buy mine for £20 😡

😆

dantsw13

I’m very tempted by the hooded rain jacket for £120. Any experiences? Is it an all day rain jacket?

pryally
    Free Member

my large cross jersey arrived this morning but I’m not to sure about it so I’m going to send it back. If anybody is interested (lunge – I couldn’t find your email address but you have first option) let me know.
    Its free to return so would need postage covering plus cost of jersey – £55 plus postage or collection manchester city centre during the day

jools182
    Free Member

I managed to get a winter base layer this morning, as the large was showing stock again 😳

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’ll take that cross jersey. Email in profile

lunge

pryally, thanks for the offer but on further thought I shall resist, appreciate you remembering though, thanks again.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 250 total)

The topic ‘PSA Rapha sale – further reductions’ is closed to new replies.