• This topic has 249 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by drlex.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 250 total)
  • PSA Rapha sale – further reductions
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Here. Probably been done, but I think they’ve just dropped the prices a bit more. Their GT shoes and CX Jersey at half price look a relative bargain.

Kuco

Thanks, been looking at new jerseys for the road and ordered a couple of the cross jerseys.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Munqe Chick is thrilled the Souplesse LS jersey she ordered last night is 20 quid cheaper today…. (I assume theyll respond to her polite email with a refund as it makes more sense than her returning it and ordering another).

Glad I held off on the CX jersey last night, its positively pov money now!

drlex
    Free Member

@CTM
    – ring them; the same happened to me a few months back (shorts and £25 reduction, IIRC), and a credit was offered. I requested a refund and it was given. Totally polite and all in under 3 minutes.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

cheers, we’ve heard similar positive experiences. She can put the credit note towards birthday presents for me 🙂

lunge

Anyone know how Rapha Size up? I normally wear L jerseys, 40″ chest, 6’4″ tall, are Rapha to size are a tad Italian in their sizing?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

closeer to size than “italian”; I’m a racing snake with 36″ chest, small is 33-36″ and medium 36″-39″ on their size chart and small fits me perfectly (snug roadie fit). A medium would be baggy on me I reckon.

lunge

Bugger, I feared that would be the case. The jersey I want they only have in XL which will be too big by the sounds of it.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I want the orange t-shirt @£10 but my browsers won’t allow it- can anyone else select medium??

Spud

I ordered a jersey at the start of the sale and today it’s £20 cheaper, luck of the draw I guess. Most of the better stuff has gone in the popular sizes now.

jamiep
    Free Member

rockthreegozy – Member
    I want the orange t-shirt @£10 but my browsers won’t allow it- can anyone else select medium??

One can’t select sizes that are out of stock

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Damn, ordered the CX jersey last week, now £25 cheaper 😥

halkynhymer
    Free Member

Can’t fault Rapha’s attitude when I ordered a Brevet LS jersey 2 days before Christmas in the sale; was informed that it wouldn’t be shipped until after Christmas – fair enough, but then received an email over Christmas encouraging me to buy in the sale, only to see jersey I’d just ordered £45 cheaper! was not impressed as mine hadn’t even left the warehouse and mailed straight away. After a little misunderstanding I cancelled my order and re-ordered one at new price – they were happy and cancelled the more expensive one. They did offer me a gift voucher at first but that’s not the point as it’s my money and I might not want to buy any other Rapha gear in the future. Parcel’s been delivered and waiting for me at home! Q is – will I look good in pink??

Daffy

Cheers OP.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Some pretty heavy reductions going on there. Not what you’d expect from a ‘premium brand’.

ianm3409
    Free Member

Still overpriced tat 🙄

Daffy

ianm3409 – Member
    Still overpriced tat

Do you own anything made by Rapha?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Some pretty heavy reductions going on there. Not what you’d expect from a ‘premium brand’.

Standard end of season/line reductions

Check any fashion retailer about this time mrporter for instance 70% 80% of not unheard of

mrblobby
    Free Member

Still overpriced tat

I’m not a great fan of the brand, and it is a bit overpriced for me, but it’s certainly not tat.

Winter tights, base and an imperial cap for me 🙂

jools182
    Free Member

Was thinking about some bib shorts, but still £150 in the sale, which means I still can’t afford them..

mcj78
    Free Member

Arghh – was looking at the ls cross jersey a couple of days ago & now no mediums left – one of the nicest jerseys i’ve seen in a while imo 😡

Gary_M
    Free Member

Still overpriced tat

Why is it ‘tat’, which items of rapha clothing do you own that in your experience are ‘tat’? Its expensive but its not ‘tat’.

On another not I placed an order in the summer sale, next day got a 10% off code on the last day of the sale. Emailed them to ask if I could cancel the order, they said no but sent me a voucher for the difference.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I despise Raphas marketing and have bashed them on here, and posted the spoof ads.

Trouble is their kit is fantastic and their support exemplary. I got a phinney Jersey in a sale for 70 quid (so cheaper than my Assos and FRC Jerseys) and it the most thoughtfully designed best fitting kit I’ve got.I have had to overcome my prejudice and eat humble pie.

Which is why Ive ordered 2 jerseys in the sale. 55 quid is more than reasonable for a LS smart wool jersey, let alone from a premium brand, and their stuff really cannot be described as tat.

mrblobby
    Free Member

You do have to wonder who they are trying to appeal to with their marketing. I’d still buy their kit though as it’s all so good, despite the best efforts of their marketing to put me off.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I enjoy the marketing but then I do genuinely believe they’re taking the piss…

Limited experience of feeling a few jerseys/jackets and suffering alongside those wearing ’em tells me it’s good gear though, price is always subjective, it’s worth what it’s worth to yer. Cheaper than Assos though.

Still tempted by the long sleeve Cross Jersey, think it’d work well on the MTB for most rides. Would have bought it if it was included in repair service! The Mrs hated the short sleeve one enough to make me want to buy that too but I’d have no use for it really!!

mrblobby
    Free Member

I enjoy the marketing but then I do genuinely believe they’re taking the piss…

A spoof on the spoofs 🙂

winston
    Free Member

Re the LS Cross

I’m 39 chest and 6ft – would the Large be too big d’you reckon?

MoreCashThanDash

I like to think that their marketing is a tongue in cheek piss take, but the few bits of Rapha kit I have bought on sale or on eBay have been excellent for design and quality.

A mate was raving about the hardshell jacket he got in the sale with his Christmas money. I bought a Deore rear brake with mine. 🙄

convert

Still overpriced tat

Whatever you think of the styling and the marketing of the brand there is simply no way you can call Rapha kit ‘tat’. The quality of the manufacture and the choice of materials is top, top quality. The price is premium but to be honest it lasts so long and is so brilliant in use that in terms of value for money it is hard to knock.

Of course it helps that I have a friend who works there so have access to the friends and family discount (inc on sales prices) 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Of course it helps that I have a friend who works there so have access to the friends and family discount (inc on sales prices)

Discount code please 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bloody hell you lot…

You are all turning into Rapha FanBouys 😆

Where’s the ironing board when you need it
    😛

will
    Free Member

They are aiming for top 10% of earners in an age bracket between 40-45. People who typically want aspirational products and will pay a premium for a lifestyle brand and image.

I love their products, think the marketing and their brand is excellent, a great British success story.

plus-one

Irrespective what you think about marketing/pricing etc… Yes it’s overdone and silly prices but I only ever buy in the sale and every bit of kit I have is well used and refuses to die(shorts/arm/knee warmers..

Have transfer jacket and merino hoody for casual wear it too is very comfy and a change from the world domination of super dry jackets !!!! 😆

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve got a rapha jersey bought the year the brand was launched, 2004. I wear it at least once a week for 6 months of the year and its still in great condition.

tomhoward

Anyone’s delivery taking longer than normal? Ordered a jersey on the 30th, still not here, though I’ve had the dispatch email, but it’s not recognised on the rm site (even when following a link from the mail)

Gary_M
    Free Member

Anyone’s delivery taking longer than normal?

Tends to happen this time of year 🙂

poolman
    Free Member

Top psa Mrblobby – just ordered 2 cross jerseys to get free delivery.

Thanks

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I’ve succumbed to needing that long sleeve cross jersey…Rapha sizing = Castelli sizing?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Rapha a bit bigger for a given size than Castelli, for me anyway. Currently pondering whether I could do a small. What’s their returns like?

convert

Rapha sizing = Castelli sizing

They changed their sizing a little a year or two ago – the size letters pretty much are the same fit as high street normal clothing equivalents e.g. Fat Face for your average shaped ‘mature’ recreational cyclist – i.e. target market. That applies to everything except the pro range which is shaped to fit proper racing cyclists – if you carry any weight anywhere you shouldn’t you need to go a size up in that stuff.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 250 total)

The topic ‘PSA Rapha sale – further reductions’ is closed to new replies.