Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Psa: rapha l/s jersey cheap … Ish
  • Ifrider
    Free Member

Might be of interest but they’ve got a rather fetching jersey on there discounted till Monday here :
    http://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/davis

£70 from £140 in all sizes and a nice peter saville stealing finish…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

404 page not found. Guess they ended it an hour early?

edit: found it here

http://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/davis-phinney-jersey/product/DPJ01

Ifrider
    Free Member

Beat me to it… Apologi

Ifrider
    Free Member

Bloody iPhone !!! Sorry, cack handed on the keys !!

mashiehood
    Free Member

thanks

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Bloody iPhone !!! Sorry, cack handed on the keys !!

Im on a shockingly slow work network with archaic windows and browser so when I finally got to view the page there’s no option (visible to me) to buy anything! Probably bloody sold out why the time I finish my night shift :-/

tomhoward

They haven’t sold out, all sizes available just now.

Ifrider
    Free Member

Yep, all available still 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

They haven’t sold out, all sizes available just now.

I’m working a night shift at a place where we appear to run Windows ’78 through a dial-up (and theres no reception on my smart phone) so have to hold out til the morning…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Managed to get phone reception away from work so I may have ordered one. And possibly a short sleeve Trade jersey thats been on promo/PSA for a while.

Luckily I’ve never slagged rapha off on forums for being too po-faced and pretentious. Move along, nothing to see here 😉

Cheers to the OP for costing me £130.

MoreCashThanDash

A mate sent me that link avoid if days ago, was hoping they’d sold out before I saw it again….

DT78
    Free Member

Quite nice, not on their clearance page either. Must. Resist.

riddoch

one benefit of being a gentleman of comfortable girth is that I am pretty sure none of the Rapha stuff will fit me so Im not tempted, honest.
    Good saving and it’s also a good cause charidee type thing too.

ElShalimo

What’s the fit like? Are they for racing snakes only?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

im a medium in regular t-shirts, and all my Rapha jerseys are Large

mrblobby
    Free Member

im a medium in regular t-shirts, and all my Rapha jerseys are Large

Curious. I found they came up a bit on the large size (at least compared to the likes of Castelli.) If I was usually a medium, I’d be looking at medium or small.

Ifrider
    Free Member

I’m hoping they’re on the small size so I’ve sized up, plus a little extra coverage round the back as they’re a touch longer then..

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

A mate sent me that link avoid if days ago, was hoping they’d sold out before I saw it again….

dont worry, theyve put the price back to £140 now…. 🙂

‘Course I made the mistake of showing the g/f the complementary Connie Carpenter ladies jersey, which isnt on sale…. not sure she can drop enough hints between now and Christmas.

fubar
    Free Member

Anybody else received theirs, what do you think ? It’s thinner than I expected but I’ll have to give a ride out to give it a chance as it’s not a material I’ve used before. The large is definitely a ‘race fit’ on me 😐

I must stop buying clothes mail order but then stock variety in LBS’s is usually poor.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The large is definitely a ‘race fit’ on me

mines been dispatched but not received yet. I got a small which was a gamble as I am on the cusp of small and medium (skinny 36″ chest) so it was either a potentially skin tight small or a potentially baggy medium 🙄

Dont own any Rapha kit yet but this is made out Smartwool I think, which is a trademarked merino/lycra blend? Got a Montane in the same stuff which is very nice so assuming this will be similar.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Curious. I found they came up a bit on the large size

Rapha jerseys are sized on the large size now, the didn’t used to be but they changed their sizing to suit fat americans the larger american physique.

If you’re usually verging on medium small will be fine, quite a racy fit but still fine.

slugwash
    Free Member

Anybody else received theirs, what do you think ?

I had to send my L back to exchange for an XL. I’m usually medium to large with cycling clothing but this one was too short at the back, even with mimicking a drop bar riding position in front of the mirror and I couldn’t do the zip right up without asphyxiating myself. Also the sleeves seemed quite long in proportion. However, a cracking quality jersey so I’m looking forwards to getting the replacement.

HTH

winston
    Free Member

Geniune question

Is Rapha stuff good value. I.e does it perform well and last?

Or is it just nice to have if you have disposable burning a hole (which I don’t)

fubar
    Free Member

Also the sleeves seemed quite long in proportion

I did consider returning for an XL but the arms were already as long as I wanted them so decided to keep it and give it a go. I’m used to the brushed fleece type inner to long tops so this felt thin on first impression but time will tell.

tomhoward

Winston, It’s very nice stuff, oozes quality and you get free repairs.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Yup my touring shorts have been back twice now for repairs, all free including shipping

Not much of my kit isn’t rapha these days, even use it on the mtb

bensales
    Free Member

ElShalimo – Member
    What’s the fit like? Are they for racing snakes only?

6 foot 2, 44 in chest, 36 waist. I wear XL Rapha jerseys and bib shorts, and L base layers. Perfect fit.

winston – Member
    Geniune question

Is Rapha stuff good value. I.e does it perform well and last?

IMO yes. Very well made clothes, and their crash guarantee is excellent. Whether they’re worth the money, well, I guess that’s up to you.

http://pages.rapha.cc/service/repair-service

mashiehood
    Free Member

Most of my kit is now Rapha too, lasts well and if bought through sales, cracking value
    Also find the resale value is excellent

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

well mine came through, perfect fit (tight but not italian “breath-in” racefit tight), really nice looking kit in an almost-too-nice-to-wear-riding way.

‘Course, presenting their receipt like its a bloody wedding invite made me remember why I’ve given them so much stick. Must remember to smile occasionally when I’m wearing it.

Isnt it compulsory in rapha threads to post this 🙂

mrchrispy

Im a howies fan boy, not the rapha range but it’s 1/2 the price and comes pretty close int the quality test.
    The rapha stuff I do have is washing very very well so I’d would think twice about buy more on the odd occasion they discount it. Checked out the new shop in Manchester the other lunch time, quite liked it 🙂

scott-b
    Free Member

If anyone got one that doesn’t fit or wants to sell one in a size large, please give me a shout.
    Thanks

wait4me

That’s my first bit of Rapha kit and have to say after using it this morning, it’s one of the nicest pieces of clothing I’ve worn on a bike. I’ll be paying more attention to their sales in future as at that reduced price it’s in bargain territory for the quality you get. Full price a bit beyond my means sadly.

Many thanks to the OP.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Psa: rapha l/s jersey cheap … Ish’ is closed to new replies.