Viewing 9 posts - 681 through 689 (of 689 total)
  • PSA – Planet X London Road frameset for £150
  • cdoc
    Free Member

Actual gap between fork legs is 50mm, same at the seat and chainstays.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

So they weren’t being completely silly when they had the gravity field inducing 50mm Schwalbe Century tyres as an option for building a complete bike?

cdoc
    Free Member

And the back. Have had a 42 on it with lots of mud room to spare, but was too bouncy for my liking. 35 feels nice.

Edit: Nah, I think a 50 might just be ok, tyre profile dependent.

shermer75
    Free Member

New to the forum and found the existing thread!! Impressive 🙂

pietie
    Free Member

Awesome cdoc, thanks! Looks like I’ll be ordering the frame then 🙂 I’ve got loads of weird ideas for this one. . if i can i will put 29’ers in it. If not, i’ll get another fork and might go 29 up front 28 in back. sure there will be plenty of people that will hate it but . . 😛 my idea is to make a fast commuter that feels playful like an urban mtb. If anyone wants to follow, i can upload pics of the project as i go along?

shermer75
    Free Member

I think that 28, 29 and 700c wheels all use the same rims, albeit with potentially differing widths. Is that right?

pietie
    Free Member

depends. 28 (27.5) in mtb world is smaller rims than 28 road bikes, but other than that ye, different widths, otherwise pretty much the same.

sixpotbelly
    Free Member

I think that 28, 29 and 700c wheels all use the same rims, albeit with potentially differing widths. Is that right?

Not exactly. They may have the same circumference but road rims are designed to take higher tyre pressures than MTB rims.

richardthird

Ideal for 40c Nanos. Or wider slicks, but Nanos great fit with plenty mud clearance.

A 1.95 Renegade will Not fit. No way, for reference.

Viewing 9 posts - 681 through 689 (of 689 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Planet X London Road frameset for £150’ is closed to new replies.