• This topic has 136 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by tops5.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 137 total)
  • PSA – Pike RC 150mm – Euro 380 New
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

How is everyone finding their new Pikes then?

Have given mine a proper test ride now and dropped the PSI by 20 below the recommended rockshox figures. Running 50PSI which give me around 20% sag and the fork is super plush.

Small bump is excellent, and it just ploughs through the trails, not felt the need to use the compression “lock out” as it climbs with finesse.

Final thing i’ve noticed is how light the front end of the bike is now, and overall too, compared to my Coil 426 Pikes. Makes a huge difference to overall snappiness and building up speed.

matther01
    Free Member

My new duals from alltricks started pissing out air when trying to add more psi…then realised I was doing it in the low travel setting after 5 mins. Numpty!

First ride out on them today, but wish I’d done it yesterday as we’re in for some shit weather. 🙁

cruzcampo
    Free Member

matther01 – Member
    My new duals from alltricks started pissing out air when trying to add more psi…then realised I was doing it in the low travel setting after 5 mins. Numpty!

First ride out on them today, but wish I’d done it yesterday as we’re in for some shit weather.

Yeah I thought that last night, a summer of dusty trails possibly going gloop after a week of monsoon 😡

russyh
    Free Member

Pretty happy with mine, just used them for 1 ride, seem reasonably plush, but suffering a little from new fork stiction a little. I think once they loosen up a little they will be sweet. At the moment they are nowhere near as slick as my old xfusion slants. But then they were tuned and worn in.

How have people set theirs up? Rebound, sag, psi by rider weight etc.?

I am pretty sure these are going to run super sweet one run in properly.

SOAP
    Free Member

Bedded mine in at Bikepark Wales yesturday. Best forks I’ve owned!

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Mine look amazing, lent against a wall awaiting a shiny new Rocket frame. Sags

threeek
    Free Member

I ran my new Solo Air for the first time yesterday; they replace the 140mm Revs on my Kona Process 134DL.

The Pikes have made a huge improvement to the front end – better than I’d expected. They’re very supple and have made me feel a lot more confident on off camber roots and charging down rougher singletrack. The extra 10mm of travel hasn’t changed the bikes balanced handling. Looking forward to using them on some bigger terrain.

Very impressed with these, especially at the price. Thanks very much to the original poster for the PSA! 😀

cruzcampo
    Free Member

russyh – Member
    Pretty happy with mine, just used them for 1 ride, seem reasonably plush, but suffering a little from new fork stiction a little. I think once they loosen up a little they will be sweet. At the moment they are nowhere near as slick as my old xfusion slants. But then they were tuned and worn in.

How have people set theirs up? Rebound, sag, psi by rider weight etc.?

I am pretty sure these are going to run super sweet one run in properly.

What weight are you and what PSI have you used?

Manual states 75-85PSI, i’m running with 50psi. Compression dial on top right fork leg i’ve got one click from fully open, brake dive is minimal. Rebound red dial i’ve got four clicks from turtle, so quite slow rebound. I’m going to experiment with +/- 10psi on the air.

Although if I were to leave them as set above i’d happily ride them like this indefinitely.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

themightymowgli – Member
    Mine look amazing, lent against a wall awaiting a shiny new Rocket frame. Sags

Display them somewhere more deserving, like the mantlepiece 😀

russyh
    Free Member

I am 85kg, think I am running at 85psi, will need kt double check later. I have set rebound up the usual way. Not touched the compression dial yet. Will have a play later today, I agree with much of the above, I think these are going to Be the best forks I will have owned, once bedded in.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

@russyh 85 psi for your weight is on the upper limit of rockshox pressure chart which many are saying is far too high.

I’m 86kilo and running 50psi which is for <63 kg weight.

I think the fork stiction you mention is simply far too much air. Drop to 65psi and also try 50psi, and I reckon you’ll be amazed at the plushness and complete lack of stiction.

Also try the compression fully open for full unrestricted travel.

russyh
    Free Member

Thanks for that I will give it a go, probably won’t use them for a week now thanks to today’s weather!

matther01
    Free Member

Had a proper mare with mine today. Far too much pressure, weather was so shit that I didn’t want to stop and only realised half away around that i hadn’t made any adjustments to the compression or rebound. Then to add insult…wrote off a brand XT mech and its first ride. Why or why didn’t I cycle yesterday?! 🙁

neiloxford
    Free Member

In les gets for the week so will report back in due course. Took them to a Cannock for the day and they seemed great but the alps will be a true test

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Re Air Pressure tables with forks/shocks. Use it to mop up oil when you do your first lowers service.

Set by feel, sag and feel again.

daveh
    Free Member

At the moment they are nowhere near as slick as my old xfusion slants. But then they were tuned and worn in.

Interested to hear more on this, both the comparison and the Slant tuning.

Fabdad
    Free Member

Another one interested here.Looking for something lighter than my coil Lyriks to go on my Alpine 160. I’m not one for messing about with fork set up too much so thinking paying extra for stuff I won’t use would be a waste so maybe the RC version would be the one to go for.The 160 version isn’t as cheap as the 150 but still pretty reasonable.

neiloxford
    Free Member

Two days into my holiday at Les Gets and my hands are fine. I get to the bottom of the run and while others are still staring at their hands, I am getting on the next lift 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

use EVENTETAPES14 for 15 euros off. i.e free delivery i guess.

SOAP
    Free Member

Anyone got a spare Token ?

Yetiman
    Free Member

SOAP – I have a spare token you can have. Drop me a line…email addy in profile.

neiloxford
    Free Member

5% off again until month end with uk5

Dango
    Free Member

What a idiot, just received mine (ordered in haste) I need 160mm and have ordered 150mm

So going back – anyone need?

chakaping
    Free Member

Hey Pike RC owners – are you dialling any compression on for general riding.

Done a few rides on mine now and it’s feeling pretty good, but maybe a bit divey on awkward steep tech stuff. I’ve been running it fully open.

Also – Do the Alltricks ones come with no tokens inserted? I have two supplied, but haven’t opened it up.

leeroybrown
    Free Member

Thanks for the code Neil just ordered a reverb

timmys

Hey Pike RC owners – are you dialling any compression on for general riding.

Done a few rides on mine now and it’s feeling pretty good, but maybe a bit divey on awkward steep tech stuff. I’ve been running it fully open.

If it’s the case that that the compression dial on the RC’s is analogous to the low-speed compression dial on the RC3’s, as has been mooted here previously, then the general consensus from the “how to set up Pikes” thread was people were going for 3 or 4 clicks of low-speed compression. So definitely “some” but whether the number of clicks is transferable I have no idea.

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks Timmy, do you know how many clicks are there in total on the RC3? I’ll use the power of maths to transfer it to the RC if different.

🙂

wilko1999
    Free Member

Got a set of 160’s for my Blur LTc. Great service from Alltricks, ordered 4PM Tuesday and they turned up Thursday at 9AM.

Interested in the divey on steep stuff comment, first time out on them is going to be an uplift day in FoD. Want to get them set up quickly so I can just enjoy the runs without having to fiddle around

Entonox
    Free Member

Has anyone compared the LSC of the RCT3 to the RC?

I have the RCT3 and would like to know the differences as I want another pair for my hardtail. I never use the open/trail/lock but I do like LSC of RCT3.

Could someone tell me the number of clicks of compression from min to max/lock and adjustment of the RC? eg fine, coarse etc.

My RCT3 has 13 clicks of LSC and the range of adjustment from min to max is subtle. Is the RC like this?

Thanks.

chakaping
    Free Member

That answers my question anyway, I’ll check the RC at lunch and get back to you.

wilko1999
    Free Member

The RC has 13 clicks of compression adjustment too, although can’t comment on its subtlety as haven’t fitted them yet. For the record there’s something like 20 clicks of rebound

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Couldnt resist any longer! My order is in the uk5 code still working but they have the 2015 version in for 30 euros more , so went for them not sure there is any big change! Looking forard to some new forks! Cheers for the PSA neil

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I’m still running fully open compression, no tokens, 7 clicks from the turtle (concur with wilko total of 20) on rebound and 50 PSI for 89kilo rider. In love with these forks.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Hi must say thanks to the OP for the heads up. Ordered mine Sunday and they arrived today all good.
    I ordered the 2015 version not knowing if there was much difference from the 2014 model. It appears that the 2015 version has the 3 way damper adjust with Open / Pedal /Lock on the R/H adjuster. Still solo air but with the extra damper setting as used on the RCT3

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

@cruzcampo
    did you take the tokens out? Did it feel a lot different?
    Ran mine today agree with your settings backed air pressure down to lower than recommended for my weight, still have 2 tokens in (assuming thats how they arrive). Feel very good small bump traction etc, just shy of full travel on a few bigger bumps.

neiloxford
    Free Member

Forks back on offer until 28/09/2014

http://www.alltricks.com/rechercheg.php?keyword=pike+rc

Discount Code: FORKTEN for 10% off.

Code applies to all forks.

hora
    Free Member

Only 26 and 29’er though? Still £320 for RC’s is good.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

There are definitely 27.5 forks on that page.

e.g.

http://www.alltricks.com/mtb/forks/forks/rockshox-2014-fork-pike-rct3-275-150-mm-axle-15-mm-solo-air-tapered-black-131-149299.html

Unless you mean no 380 euro 27.5 forks.

hora
    Free Member

Circa £460 delivered. Thats pretty good- think cheapest here is £500.

neilforrow

Ok, sounds a bit daft, but would there be any real world difference in running a 29’er fork in a 27’5 specific frame? What is the difference between the two: axel to crown? offset?

For me the difference is ~£150!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Pike RC 150mm – Euro 380 New’ is closed to new replies.