• This topic has 23 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mos.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • PSA Penny Farthing now half price at Discount Cycle Shop!
  • buck53

Cheap at half the price, £135:

http://www.discountcycleshop.co.uk/productdetails.php?procatid=42&prosubcatid=42&proid=581

Not bad for a first PSA, right?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Niche OVERLOAD!!!!!!!!!

😉

DrP

Best PSA ever…

DrP

(if it weren’t for my resolution to control my spending on bonkers bikes, this would be winging it’s way to me as we speak…)

big_scot_nanny

Ah! ****! Want!

oldnpastit

700c front wheel

Doesn’t that mean you’ll be spinning like crazy?

buck53

If I hadn’t have bought a new (to me) frame yesterday I’d be tempted just for teh lolz.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

oldnpastit – Member
    700c front wheel
    Doesn’t that mean you’ll be spinning like crazy?

POSTED 6 MINUTES AGO #

Yeah, because other that that its perfect for everyday day use ! 🙂

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

if it was a full size one! I watched a old full size one on eBay and it went for over a grand. Shame could have fancied it.

andyl
    Free Member

just needs a sturmy archer 3 speed hub.

edit: actually that wouldn’t work…hmm would need a bit of creativity but you could work out a geared hub.

40mpg

Sorry, been done!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vqTpw6L2pI[/video]

I rode a modern 36″ wheel one in France a few years back, good fun but scary endo’s!

andycs

Decisions, decisions, penny farthing or unicycle?

bencooper
    Free Member

If you don’t want to be ostracised by the pennyfarthingists, never call it a penny farthing – it’s an “ordinary”…

buck53

If you don’t want to be ostracised by the pennyfarthingists, never call it a penny farthing – it’s an “ordinary”…

Ugh, that’s a real thing isn’t it?

I reckon it’s only a matter of time until I see someone on one of these in the Northern Quarter of Manchester.

StirlingCrispin

just needs a sturmy archer 3 speed hub.

Put a Schlumpf unicycle hub on instead.

Ben will be along in a bit to sell you one.

somafunk

I’m waiting on the Rapha photoshoot, with grainy gelatin prints of course. A rider dressed in tweed plus 4’s and a sports jacket wearing a bowler hat, monacle and a handlebar moustache as wide as set of Easton Haven bars, wearing the best handmade brogues a gentleman could possibly buy – I see him riding up a long climb in yorkshire whilst a farmer with his shire horse furrows a field in the background as steam rises from the horse’s nostrils and overworked muscles as it struggles to plough the frozen ground on a frosty morning, this will draw parallels with the riders superhuman effort to crest the hill.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Any owners on here of an ‘ordinary’? 😉 Tell me how the hell you manage with it, surely the number of times you need to stop and put a foot down pretty much restricts the roads youre on, either closed or not needing stops?

bencooper
    Free Member

You just find a handy lamp post to grab hold of – traffic lights are good too 😉

Ben will be along in a bit to sell you one.

I sold one in 10 years – I’m rubbish at selling stuff. Besides, it should have a much bigger wheel then it won’t need gearing.

Muke
    Free Member

Digger the mascot rides one around the pitch at London Irish, more entertaining than the rugby this season.

bencooper
    Free Member

He appears to have got himself tangled up in the handlebars.

xcgb
    Free Member

I wanted one until I saw how you look riding it!

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I was looking at them the other day, thinking , yes, want. But then i an undecided over that or a cruiser bike………… cruiser maybe a bit more useable for work and back . There is one that looks like an old american army bike without the engine, but quite pricey.

buck53

I wanted one until I saw how you look riding it!

I wanted one, then I saw how that mascot looks riding it. Now I really want one.

sugdenr
    Free Member

if it was a full size one! I watched a old full size one on eBay and it went for over a grand. Shame could have fancied it.

so, stop mucking about with clothing and make something manly Joe!

mos

Do you think it would be possible to fit a Hammerschmidt?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘PSA Penny Farthing now half price at Discount Cycle Shop!’ is closed to new replies.