• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA – Peaks on Countryfile 6.20 tonight BBC1
  • rascal
    Free Member

Not much of a PSA but might be worth a watch for Peak District fans – and there’s Ellie of course 😉

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Ellie = winner

DezB
    Free Member

Ellie + Map Art = double winner! lovely stuff.

MoreCashThanDash

The Ellie’s in Wellies Show…..

Dobbo

I dont get the Ellie thing, she looks like a cabbage patch doll and walks like she’s just had a hysterectomy.

jekkyl

was this worth catching up with?

cnud
    Free Member

Not really, although I didn’t realise the White Peak was an ex coral reef. Rode Coombs Dale yeaterday as a descent on your recommendation btw Jekkyl, was a giggle if a tad moist. Road climb back towards Black Harry was nasty though!

binners

I absolutely loved the etched OS maps.

I want one. Does anyone know who the artist is? I missed the start of the feature, and all the Countryfile site says is

Ellie is in the Dark Peak, where it’s gritstone that marks out the landscape. She takes a walk with an artist who maps the land and creates three-dimensional maps in metal

globalti
    Free Member

It took me less than a minute to find the website on Google:

http://www.wapentac.com/

Edit: Seen the prices? Blimey!

binners

Thats because you’ve got magic fingers though 😛

Fanks! Blimey! They’re only 20 quid! I was expecting them to be a hell of a lot more than that!

Just ordered one of Skiddaw 😀

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I dont get the Ellie thing,

Quite.

binners

She’ll catch her death if she goes out on a farm in winter, in that get up

rOcKeTdOg

i’d probably chain her to the sofa too

jekkyl

You’re welcome Cnud, should have gone back up Coombs dale! There is a series of beautiful crystal blue pools at the side of the track and that seems to fit with ex coral reef.

DezB
    Free Member

I absolutely loved the etched OS maps.

Blimmin lovely eh? Let us know what it’s like when it’s in yer grubby mitts.
    Flip, they are CHEAP!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Peaks on Countryfile 6.20 tonight BBC1’ is closed to new replies.