• This topic has 58 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by wl.
Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • PSA: Orange Five
  • core

So what’s THE colour to go for? I already have one orange bike, a Soul.

I’d like the mountain mint, but not with orange decals, and I’m not gonna spend out on black ones.

So, fizzy, or atomic orange? Can’t really tell the difference online anywhere. HELP!

tenfoot

I went for charcoal grey and red decals on my four. Grey…never goes out of fashion….because it was never in fashion.

zippykona

We might as well so a show and tell while we are at it!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chestrockwell

So, fizzy, or atomic orange? Can’t really tell the difference online anywhere. HELP!

Atomic without doubt, it’s lovely and really stands out compared to the much plainer fizzy.

roverpig

You need to see them both side by side to appreciate the difference, but I much prefer atomic. Still not as nice as neon in my opinion, but getting there. That or Kermit green for me !

core

Is the fizzy lighter and metallic?

roverpig

I didn’t notice it being metallic but it’s the lighter of the two, yes.

andyg1966

I’ve got a fizzy Orange 5, it does look like a flat colour.

zer0cool
    Free Member

I got Atomic Orange yesterday, didnt really want another colour but would have thought about Jet Black with orange decals. I also like the Cyan, but its too close to my current bike, and want something different, but would’ve been tempted as I like blue.

wl
    Free Member

Norlando grey with only grey/black graphics. Hope you guys enjoy your new bikes. Very wise choice.

BFITH
    Free Member

Very tempted by this. How do they size up? Orange website suggests I would require XL (6’2″). Any real world opinions on this. According to their website nobody has an XL demo in to swing my leg over….

wl
    Free Member

If I were you I’d go large not xl. I’m 5′ 10″ and ride a medium with 35mm stem and 780mm bars- sizing is spot on for me whatever I do on the bike. I know it’s a personal thing tho, and some my height would probably go large. I have a mate who’s your height and he rides a large, probably with a 50mm stem. Standover is good on all the sizes.

BFITH
    Free Member

@wl

Cheers for that… looks like i need to have a try before i press click. Could always order and send back i suppose (bit of a faff tho).

Anybody out there got a 2017 5 in L or XL (Near Calderdale). There must be loads of 5s kicking around in Halifax 😉 😀

chestrockwell

Very tempted by this. How do they size up? Orange website suggests I would require XL (6’2″). Any real world opinions on this. According to their website nobody has an XL demo in to swing my leg over….

I’d say the opposite at 6′ 2″ and go XL. I’m the same height and find my current XL Segment fits far better than the large 5 and 5 29 that came before.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Does anyone want to buy a 2016 carbon Stumpy so I can get one of these! 🙂

I’d love to test an XL to be honest as I’ve always been curious. The large Stumpy is a tad small for me at 6’2″.

wl
    Free Member

BFITH – no worries. Shame mine’s the wrong size as I’m in Calderdale. You could try giving the factory a call to see if they can help – perhaps they’d let you try for size. They’re a very helpful bunch. The bike is bloody mint so I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. Good luck.

core

I jibbed, it was in the basket…….

Really, really want a flare or four, either would be enough travel for my riding. But the five is such a good deal, and I like the minimal maintenance and big bearing aspect of Orange over the cotic too.

Now the five is 150mm I just think it’s a bit “too much bike” for my riding and might not be as much fun as the others mentioned above on tamer trails. Ride Hopton, NyA, FoD off piste, long mynd, black mountains/brecon beacons and like longer natural rides as well as trail centre blasts.

BFITH
    Free Member

You could try giving the factory a call to see if they can help

Sent an e-mail last night – fingers crossed.

wl
    Free Member

core – I’m using mine for all my riding at the mo (new bike syndrome means my hardtail is temporarily redundant right now). My typical rides are 25+ miles with around 1,000m climbing in the Pennines – rough natural trails, moorland singletrack, steep wooded tech etc. The bike is fantastic. Couple of weekends ago I pedalled and carried it around the 4 Western Passes in the Lakes, with three mates on ‘big’ bikes. The Five was great again. It’s a genuinely versatile bike, and good fun on whatever you ride. Only thing I would say is that it might be overkill for only riding trail centres. A Four would probably be better there, or a hardtail.

BFITH – good luck!

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Orange Five’ is closed to new replies.