Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA opportunist burglaries at christmas time (especially READING)
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

as tempting as it is to recite the plot of home alone as some kind of comical warning, this is a rare serious post from me.

on friday night my work was broken into, by what appears to be opportunistic thieves. the TV, dvd player, nintendo wii, patients christmas presents and some presents a patient had bought for his family were all stolen. also one of the company vehicles which was driven away and burnt out apparently 🙁

the property in question is a large residence on the bath road very very near to Reading town centre (less than half a mile away from the police station FFS).

so yeah, if you’re based in Reading… have a think about your security, if you’re not its still worth thinking about!

🙁

project
    Free Member

Sadly people want stuff for presents at this time of year, and the ones who buy stuff with no questions asked are the ones who should be jailed.

It want bring your stuff back,or ease the trauma,but thats how it is so very sadly.

Oh and went to a freinds house last week, builders working at house opposite, i gave them advice on cctv, and security which they ignored, they had a load of tools nicked along with other stuff, luckily while making their escape they fell through a garage roof hopefully hurting themselves.

philconsequence
    Free Member

its all company and resident property so the extent of my trauma is feeling violated, to feeling angry and now just a huge overwhelming concern for my paranoid patients who really shouldn’t have to deal with this!

anyways, its more of a PSA for people in Reading of which i know there’s a few on this forum.

weeksy

TBH mate, i’d expect nothing less in Reading… it’s not exactly what i’d call ‘nice’ here. I’ve had both motorbikes and MTB’s stolen in Reading, both from a secure car-park with CCTV etc…

Hence why i now live in the countryside the other side of Pangbourne.

mrblobby
    Free Member

The offices I work in have just been broken into, they’re in Newbury, just down the road. They got broken into twice last Xmas too. They pinched a bunch of laptops one night, then came back the next night with better tools to get the ones they missed! Got cctv and alarms but doesn’t seem to put them off. Reckon unless there’s permanent on site security then it’s easy pickings for the thieving scum.

Edit: Project, that sounds excellent, reckon we should have a few punji pits around the office too.

29erKeith
    Free Member

hope they catch the little scrotes

philconsequence
    Free Member

that sucks mrblobby! we’re getting CCTV, entrance gates and stuff in response to this… i’m also making some changes to the shift patterns and staff will now be downstairs as opposed to upstairs away from the front door at night.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Phil – what, of the stuff stolen, was easily on view to the theives through windows?

philconsequence
    Free Member

during the day…. the tv, wii and dvd player. but they’d need to come right into our car-park and up to the window to see them and the curtains are drawn the moment it gets dark in the evenings. my gut feeling is it’s one of the company drivers that has visited the house regularly to know about the keys for the company vehicle and the layout etc.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

My thoughts exactly.

Duggan

My g/f’s brother’s house was robbed on NYE last year- they got back from a night out New Year’s Day morning to find the house had been stripped bare pretty much. Nice.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA opportunist burglaries at christmas time (especially READING)’ is closed to new replies.