Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • PSA – OneUp Components 42t Sprocket
  • davosaurusrex

Cheers for the PSA BTW OP!

honourablegeorge

davosaurusrex – Member

Cheers for the PSA BTW OP!

😀

daveh
    Free Member

Good business that, offer a small discount on preorders in the knowledge that competitors are very close to entering the market.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    davosaurusrex

Wolf components one is going to be about $90 so doesn’t look like the price war is with us just yet

Northwind

fr0sty125 – Member

So XO1 groupset is about £600 A Shimano 1×10 11-42 is about £300

I think the critical bit there is that it’s largely expensive consumables. And the £150 mech compared to the £40 Shimano one. I’d happily spend £600 on stuff I could depend on lasting but I’m not keen to spend £150 on something I might tag on a rock after 5 minutes and ruin!

njee20
    Free Member

I think the critical bit there is that it’s largely expensive consumables. And the £150 mech compared to the £40 Shimano one. I’d happily spend £600 on stuff I could depend on lasting but I’m not keen to spend £150 on something I might tag on a rock after 5 minutes and ruin!

Whilst I agree, you’re comparing apples with oranges there. A fairer price comparison in terms of quality would be an XTR mech and cassette, which rather rapidly becomes comparable in price…

thedude
    Free Member

It should cost the same as a high end bmx sprocket as it’s basically the same. 30-40 pounds

Northwind

njee20 – Member

Whilst I agree, you’re comparing apples with oranges there. A fairer price comparison in terms of quality would be an XTR mech and cassette, which rather rapidly becomes comparable in price…

That’s kind of the point though- there’s no fair comparison with XT and X01 which really speaks for itself.

honourablegeorge

X0 was always pegged as their XTR, wasn’t it? with XX snd XX1 being “above” XTR

honourablegeorge
    davosaurusrex

I’d be interested to know this too, can’t see why not?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Cy mentioned this very sprocket to smooth the 19 -15 ransition when STW had this on the front page.

I have mine waiting in the parts box for the 42t ring to arrive.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Hi,
    Just set my One Up tonight with that exact Dura Ace sprocket.
    Found it would shift very poorly on to it on the workstand.
    Mite be different on the road.
    Shifted much better with the original sprocket even though its a 4 tooth jump.
    Think I will try it out with the big jump and see if it bugs me!
    Thanks,
    Max

njee20
    Free Member

X0 was always pegged as their XTR, wasn’t it? with XX snd XX1 being “above” XTR

It gets compared, and indeed is more expensive than XTR. My point is that it’s certainly not comparable to SLX, so saying ‘this is so much better than XO1 because it’s 1/2 the price and allows similar ratios’, is unfair because you’re not comparing comparable products.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

I bought one of the first batch of OneUp 42T cogs and stuck it on my OO Fatty with a 30T Race Face Narrow Wide ring. Went on easily with a few twists of the B tension screw and was working perfectly right up to the day my son decided he needed it on his bike for his first race series. OK, so we removed it and installed it on his bike and it works perfectly for him too and he really loves not having to mess with two mechs. All up it weighed about half a kilo less thanks to the lighter cassette/rear mech and losing the front mech, two chain rings and shifter. I’ll be fitting the same system to my bikes as I can afford it.

barbs
    Free Member

I couldn’t get the 16t dura ace to work but an XT 9 speed seems to fit and work ok on the work stand at least………

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘PSA – OneUp Components 42t Sprocket’ is closed to new replies.