Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • PSA: One of the Greatest Films Ever Made on Channel 4 tonight at 12.00
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That is all….

white101

very funny, cheesy but some of the best one liners

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

…it so isn't.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[fingers crossed] Please say it's Con-Air, please say it's Con-Air [fingers crossed]

Mugboo

Might be if your not from nr Buttershaw in Bradford. If you are its not so funny… 😉

Mischief Night is v funny too.

sweepy
    Free Member

dont make me get the radio times out

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

rita, sue & bob too

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

…it so isn't.

Er, excuse me? Excuse me????? 😯

BLASPHEMER!!!!

Burn him.

Is make in Bradford is one most beautiful place in World.

rOcKeTdOg

I had sex in Bradford once, was in a hotel though with just one girl rather than two in a car

Fancy a jump then?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

All together now;

'We're havin' a gangbang….'

Click piccy for to makes nice music.

john_drummer
    Free Member

ah the lovely Buttershaw. Makes Holme Wood look nice 😉

btw for the non-residents that photo isn't Buttershaw

takisawa2

Much to the Wifes annoyance, I'm sniggering away to myself now, & its not on for another hour yet.
    Ok, so its cheesy & not very PC, but it is funny.

I went to see it as a stage show once. Pretty much the whole thing involved the back end of an old Rover on the stage.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I'm sooooo excited!!!

I'm 'warming up' by watching a programme about police in South Wales.

btw for the non-residents that photo isn't Buttershaw

Is it not? I always understood that it was filmed in Buttershaw.

The cab driver who drove me from Eccleshill/Ravenscliffe to Bradford Interchange told me it was.

I sent a proposal to run guided bus tours of the locations in the film to Bradford Council.

I haven't heard from them yet.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What a film….

(Cries at the sheer beauty and genius of it all) 😥

snakebite
    Free Member

class, its a keeper on the sky box!

meehaja
    Free Member

25 years (ish) years later and its still the same up there!

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

the blond one from RSABT moved into my street not so long ago, then moved out shortly afterwards. Aparently she moves house very often and is slightly mental.

lowey

Perhaps its just me that finds it completely depressing and my wife thinks its he best film ever too.

I had a few friends from Buttershaw who I still visit. Perhaps that why I find it depressing.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Yes it was filmed in Buttershaw but that photo is looking out from the city centre (ish) towards Denholme/Queensbury if I'm not mistaken

binners

Genius!

"I thought I were great!!!!"

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Must have been Siobhan Finneran night last night, she was the dark haired one and also the slob's wife on Benidorm which had a double bill earlier.Once saw her in TKMaxx in Oldham, probably stocking up on costumes for Benidorm.

trailmonkey

Greatest depiction of a drunk – ever

woody2000

I used to have a job in a video shop not far from Buttershaw, and one of our regulars was the hosepipe man from RSABT. He had the worst combover ever, more of a hair turban than a combover in fact 😯

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Perhaps its just me that finds it completely depressing

I grew up on a rough council estate in the East End, and have mates who grew up in Bradford. RSABT so accurately depicts that kind of situation, that it can be painful to watch. Nothing is glossed over, nor is it over dramatised. There is no real message concerning the racism, alcoholism, crime nor the violence towards women. And certainly nothing about the fact that Bob is technically a peadophile! 😯

It's 'black' humour. There are elements I can relate to really easily. And the reality isn't funny. But the film manages to make it hilarious, by emphasising the 'truth is stranger than fiction' element. Reality can be shocking, and here it's turned into something that appeals to our sense of shadenfreude, maybe. It's painful to watch, yet still utterly compelling. We laugh at the absurdity of ourselves, even.

Greatest depiction of a drunk – ever

+1. A real scene stealer. None of the characters are played by 'beautiful people', just fantastic actors.

Just goes to show what the British Film industry can do, on a tiny budget compared to yer Hollowood bollocks.

Yes, it is one of the greatest films in my mind. It's utterly brilliant.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

but that photo is looking out from the city centre (ish) towards Denholme/Queensbury if I'm not mistaken

Top pic is Buttershaw though no? Second one is just a pic of Bradford I found.

25 years (ish) years later and its still the same up there!

I understand that many of the blocks there have been demolished, and the area redeveloped. My Bradfordian connections tell me it's much better there these days. Even the Beautiful Ravenscliffe has been sorted out a bit.

I like Bradford. It's a great little city, just neglected and ignored in favour of the not nearly as nice sprawl of Leeds. Bradford has more soul, more character.

Mugboo

I grew up a stones throw from the legendary Buttershaw (I'm nearly 40) and have a few friends that grew up on it. Not sure it was ever that bad compared with proper 'sink' estates (we never had a proper riot!). In recent years all the estates round Bradford have seen huge regeneration.

As for Bradford centre theres not much left to see. They have pulled down alot of the concrete crap they built in the bad ol' days but they have no real money to replace it.

As for a place to live, i'm based between Bradford & Keighley and the ridings great. Plus i'm on the bus route to the Fighting Cock and Punjab Sweet House so don't get much better 😉

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Asked my cousin if she had seen this film before,

Her reply, "I haven't seen Rita, Sue and Bob one yet!!"

must be nearly 20 years ago, still makes me chuckle!!!

anokdale
    Free Member

My sister wont be watching it, she did 5 yrs on the beat as a copper in Holme Wood before escaping to a normal place (she is on the rape squad now) 8O, she said it was like RS & B but with real tears. 😯

Great film though

Chase
    Free Member

A lot of the shagging in the Rover was filmed on Baildon Moor.
    I still like to go up there for the sort of ride we're more familiar with.

"It's got reclining seats you know" – classic.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘PSA: One of the Greatest Films Ever Made on Channel 4 tonight at 12.00’ is closed to new replies.