Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • PSA : Anybody bought a Deuter Kid Comfort II/III this year? Product recall.
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Arse.

(We only heard about it as a result of GoOutdoors knowing we bought one using the discount card). From the Deuter Webshite:

A French testing laboratory has pointed out a possible shortcoming of the removable chin pad of our child carriers Kid Comfort II and III. This affects only the models of the collection 2014 with the following article number: 36514 and 36524.

The objection refers to the following construction detail: the chin pad attachment features an elastic strap and a plastic knob. Apparently the attachment does not comply with the mandatory tensile strength. The elastic strap might tear if a high tensile force is applied resulting in the possible detachment of the knob, a swallowable small part.

For us it is of utmost concern to fulfil the maximum safety standard with our child carriers and we therefore take this information very seriously. We consider it a matter of course to exchange the parts concerned as quickly as possible and to work on a rapid optimization of the construction. We would like to ask you to either send the chin pads directly to us at Deuter or to contact your Deuter dealer for a free of charge replacement.

Personally, I’ve had a tug on the elastic and it doesn’t seem that easy to pull free to me. However, as it’s a product for carrying a child, they have to be cautious.

GoOutdoors have written to us to offer a refund or replacement with something else. I’ve contacted them today to ask what the latest is. A very nice chap contacted Deuter directly and they will happily send a replacement chinpad either to the purchaser directly or to the retailer where you bought the item for you to pick it up at your convenience.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Thanks – will take a look. Not had a recall notice yet.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘PSA : Anybody bought a Deuter Kid Comfort II/III this year? Product recall.’ is closed to new replies.