Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 130 total)
  • PSA Oakley Flak Jacket £54.99
  • natrix
    Free Member

Guess you could always get a set of different lenses for different conditions??

OR

Order a pair of cheaper sunglasses from Planet X and then post on here to complain when they send you a carbon fibre 29er instead by mistake :mrgreen:

wait4me

^was my intention. I’m off to NYC next month, am guessing spare lenses should be cheaper there?

Drac

Ah so that’s what you meant, might have been easier to ask that rather than a trivial clue.

I have a pair of lockjaws with black iridium lenses use them loads but yes amongst thicker woods they can be a bit dark.

crofts2007
    Free Member

Typical with the eBay thing.
    I had split and listed the same pair of red flaks just as the offer was posted.
    Same as the Radar I had on here, price dropped that week as well.
    Never mind.

crofts2007
    Free Member

@wait4me, the lenses are dollars for pounds, $60 to $100 depending on what you choose.

Jamie
    Free Member

Off to wear mine round swinley in a bit…. Didn’t realise the rubber bits are grey, would prefer black tbh.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/oakley-flak-jacket-earsock-nosepad-kit/rp-prod35078

chomp
    Free Member

FREEPACK is telling me that my basket total is below the required amount 🙁

could do with a new back pack as well

Drac

The backpack offer was last weeks offer and had to be over £120 iirc.

chomp
    Free Member

that explains that then 😉

njee20
    Free Member

I’d heard it said several times that Eyewear Outlet was the webshop of the Gunwharf Quays Oakley outlet, but judging by their contact page it really isn’t. Explains why the offers are totally different!

gozarch
    Free Member

If it’s any consolation, the free pack I got with some Oakleys last year was flimsy as a flimsy thing and has never been used.

Jamie
    Free Member

Right, I am not an Oakley wearer, so can someone explain to me how Eyewear Outlet banged out about 1000 pairs of these glasses at over half the RRP and still made a profit?

I can understand a few pairs to shift old stock, but this volume and being the current colours, seems odd.

kimbers

oakleys have a huuuge markup?

njee20
    Free Member

Not for normal dealers, it’s crap, but guess it’s perhaps the CRC model – buy enough and they’ll be cheap.

The factory seconds were the best, my Jawbones look absolutely perfect, they were a massive bargain.

frogstomp

From their About page:

For those that wish to be more hands on with their purchase then please be aware that we own and operate the Oakley ‘Vault’ store in the Gunwharf Quay outlet shopping centre in Portsmouth, UK. This location is one of the busiest Oakley Vault locations in the world and whilst it isn’t the biggest it has been outperforming other stores for many years and is further proof of our strong relationship with this brand and the genuine nature of our stock.

Drac

Right, I am not an Oakley wearer, so can someone explain to me how Eyewear Outlet banged out about 1000 pairs of these glasses at over half the RRP and still made a profit?

They’re the official Oakley flog off place so they get them cheap, they may have only made £10 (Or less) a pair with that offer but that’s still not bad if you’re selling thousands plus the promotion they’ve had is priceless.

crofts2007
    Free Member

Eyewear Outlet, as their site says buy end of line glasses direct from Oakley, and other manufacturers, as well as current full price glasses for resale as well.
    I am assuming that this model will have become what is known as DE stock.
    Those that have received theirs should be able to confirm this, the box label will show DE Flak Jacket as the model number.
    As a model is discontinued there will be hundreds of them returned from the shops, all brand new, no faults and in correct packaging, hence the opportunity to discount the glasses to the public to shift the stock.

DT78
    Free Member

Right – I’m back….I did hit a tree but that was entirely my own fault not the lenses…

It was bright but overcast today, lens were fine for the drive in. Fine for the majority of Swinley red and blue, only time it was a bit dark was the very closed in labryinth section. Tend to agree grey would be a better trail lens, however still pleased. Flak jackets and radars are the only glasses I can ride in without them steaming up.

Thanks for the link to the black rubber….!

kimbers

mine arrived today,nice! cheers OP

ordered some bronze brown lenses with 26% transmission from revanant for £20 delivered for not so sunny weather,

(ive got some iridium style lenses from revanant for my gascans and the finish is ace and distortion wise seem identical to the original oakly ones)

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Feels the fear of dark lenses in the woods, so I’ve ordered some yellow tinted Revant lenses. Should have covered all bases now.

Any idea how long they’ll take to arrive from the US?

juanking

VIP10 takes 10% off too but not sure if you can stack codes..

Jamie
    Free Member

I broke with tradition of not being a fan of a) red glasses, and b) Oakleys* and ordered a pair for £55 inc del.

Arrived today, and not really my cup of tea, so think they’re going to go back. Lenses are nice but frame is meh.

*Sorry Houns.

househusband

‘…so think they’re going to go back.’

You could of course sell them on eBay for a tidy profit!

Jamie
    Free Member

You could of course sell them on eBay for a tidy profit!

I did consider that for a nanosecond, but then work out even if I sold them for £85 on eBay, after RMSD, eBay/Payal fees I would make about a tenner.

Then knowing my luck I would get some eBay dickhead saying their fake, or something. Next thing I know, they have sent me back a pair of fakeleys, and eBay has refunded them.

kimbers

I wore mine at swinley today,

Nice weren’t even too dark for labrynth so its all gravy baby,

Though can’t see any ben fit over my endura ones, other than spare lens availability

Jamie
    Free Member

Wot Enduras you got, Kimbers?

kimbers

ive got the guppys

nice glasses but lenses have scratched a bit and cant find replacements

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I am assuming that this model will have become what is known as DE stock.

has “DE Flak jacket” on box-end sticker, so that would explain it.

Alex

Bit of a thread resurrection. I had Endura Guppies and some Mullets. Lost my mullets on hols and bought the Oakley’s on seeing this PSA. Same colour as my prescription riding Oakleys 🙂 Not checked yet.. defo quite dark but going to try that us site for a grey lens. The Oakley’s are nicer than the Enduras for about the same money in this PSA. They aren’t anywhere near twice as nice at RRP!

northernmatt

Mine arrived today, just need to find a couple of hundred quid for some prescription lenses.

dannybgoode

The code is still working but price is now £65 after discount. Trouble is I don’t like the red…

northernshaggy
    Free Member

Deal back on using code FJ50 (its on ukhotdeal so be quick)

ads678

Got some for £53.99 inc postage, not bothered about the colour for riding glasses, red and black will go with my MTB anyway, although maybe not my yellow helmet!!

cheers for the psa.

Jamie
    Free Member

These are probably all the ones that got sent back the first time round.

If you get some really squeaky ones, they’ll have been mine 😀

ads678

Oops, didn’t read most of the thread 😳

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I’ve got some of those Endura Guppys. Most expensive sunnies I’ve ever bought! Good though.

willard

I really don’t need another pair of sunglasses, but this ust makes them so much more tempting. Again.

Dammit.

No, I shall be strong.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

bought a pair “last time”. Claimed by t’other half as early Xmas pressy. Hmmmmm.

kimbers

If I’m honest the Guppy’s are a bit better than the Oakley’s from the PSa !

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘PSA Oakley Flak Jacket £54.99’ is closed to new replies.