Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • PSA: NUS Extra for all
  • shuhockey
    Free Member

Thought I’d share.
    NUS Extra student discount and you don’t even need to be a student. You can get a card to “support” the NUS.
    So for £12 for a year, you can get Spotify for half price (£4.99), Amazon Student Prime free for 6 months, then half price, get on the bus as a student, go to the cinema as a student, go to pizza express with 40% off etc, etc, etc.
    You can also add on gourmet society for £1. You can also take the card out for 3 years for a better rate.
    Just make up a uni and a course, no age limit.
    Linky

frogstomp

You can get a card to “support” the NUS.

“Can I apply for a card?

You must be 16 or over and studying in Further or Higher Education to be eligible for an NUS extra card.”

SOURCE

So, really, it’s a loophole rather than a legit way of getting one?

EDIT: although it does appear that you can get on ‘legitimately’ by signing up to certain inexpensive online courses.

theotherjonv

Just make up a uni and a course, no age limit.

I don’t think it’s even what i’d call a loophole. I’d probably call it fraud?

shuhockey
    Free Member

Apologies I’ve posted on the wrong forum, I forgot everyone on here never takes advantage of a loophole or computer pricing error 🙄

If you are on a course then it does seem to be worth the £12.

Just treat it as one of those discount cards that you pay for to get a discount eg. Gourmet Card, Kids Pass, Days Out Card etc

edlong
    Free Member

you don’t even need to be a student

I think it was this bit that caused the confusion, with it not being true and all..

and I’m really not sure that

Just make up a uni and a course

is quite the same as jumping on a mispriced bargain, in the fraud / deception stakes…

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Uni: University of loife

course: fa**ing things up!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I think it was this bit that caused the confusion, with it not being true and all..

Give him credit, judging by his username he’s not at a real uni anyway 😛

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘PSA: NUS Extra for all’ is closed to new replies.