Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA: Not long to go now…..
  • binners

I normally resent the earlier and earlier arrival of christmas festivities, but… BUT ….. its very nearly…..

Greggs festive bakes time!!!! 😀

They start in 5 days. Ho ho ho!!!

*awaits deluge of middle class food snobbery*

robdob
    Free Member

I bought a huge chicken tandoori baguette, 2 Belgian buns, a very nice sausage and bacon bap with proper HP on it AND a very tasty latte for £5 this morning from Greggs.

Bargain!

Needless to say I have already eaten the bacon and sausage bap AND BOTH Belgian buns and i am thinking how I can make my face less sticky from all the icing that was on the buns, but I’m in an office and I don’t want to make it obvious. 😉

Drac

Gregg’s are one of my food sins.

bigblackshed

Was it not traditional to eat goose at Christmas? Or is the crass Americanisation of “The Holidays” how low we have now sunk?

#STWFoodSnobbery

😉

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Binners, what would you use to accompany such a veritable feast? Cheesy chips or…… Wait, I have it,……..

😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tends to be goose at Flash Towers, Binners. Turkey’s just a bit dull, really.

Scapegoat

Went off Turkey as a youth. Even the handknitted organic bronze ones are a bit dull. Goose we tried, but there’s not much on a goose once it’s been cooked, and we have a lot of mouths to feed at Christmas. Nowadays it’s a really well hung rib of beef, a four rib monster that means the MIL can avoid the certain death of eating rare beef, the rest of us can eat succulent tasty marbled slabs of wonder, and I get to take the bones onto the mat afterwards.

Not being a pie fan, despite appearances, I’m not sure that Greggs has much to offer me. And have you seen the sort of people that go to Crawshaws or the Pound Bakery?

RustySpanner

When I was a skint, snotty kid at college, a Greggs cheese and onion pasty from Hulme precinct was a tasty, quick & hot lunch for 29p.
    28 years later I have seen no reason to change my mind.

We’ve an Oddies near us.
    Very nice, bit posh, but not like the real thing.
    🙂

Turkey’s great!
    Everyone overcooks it.

If people were paying to shoot them they’d be praised to the heavens.
    Great flavour, excellent with game or in a curry or stroganoff.

Mmmmmm, bring it on……

edhornby

we have queen victoria to thank for Turkey – she decided to have it for christmas lunch one year and everyone copied her the next, next thing you know it was ‘tradition’

Swan was one of the traditional christmas birds before this for the royal types

brakes
    Free Member

2 things I like from Greggs – the untouchable steak bake and the ham sarnies with the mandible-destroying bread.

you can take your festive bake and shove it.

leffeboy

I thought this was thread about the sign up for the tour of Flanders sportive:(

Opens tomorrow btw

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Not long to go now…..’ is closed to new replies.