Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • PSA: New Weather Forecasts
  • druidh
    Free Member

The Met Office have just launched a new “Summits” forecast on their leisure pages. With more than 500 hills listed, this should help get something better than the more generic stuff we’ve had to date.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/leisure/#?tab=map&map=Summits&zoom=5&lon=-3.25&lat=55.21&locId=null

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I doubt they will tell you anything that anyone who is serious about being up in the hills would already know.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Mwis

druidh
    Free Member

Fair enough for all you hill-going experts. I guess noobies like me still like to look up weather forecasts before we head out.

A good option, but doesn’t cover all the same areas and is still a bit more generic.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

I doubt they will tell you anything that anyone who is serious about being up in the hills would

The metoffice are of course basically the most respected source of weather forecasts for pursuits on land and sea; but don’t let that bother you!

ps44
    Free Member

Well I look at the three main model outputs….and if they vaguely agree there’s a chance it’s about right. Today is a good example of when even that doesn’t work out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘PSA: New Weather Forecasts’ is closed to new replies.