Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • PSA – New series of Top Gear Tonight BBC2 8PM
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

We'll never know about the interest unless one is researched/made, but there is certainly room.

For when you get back – my point was that TG was dying on it's arse as a motoring programme so they changed the format. That leads me to the assumption that there isn't the interest. Yes?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

if you like it then "yay"

if you don't, you've got a remote and no ones forcing you to watch it in the same way no one is forcing me to watch yet another period drama

Don't realy think it warrants 3 pages of a thread

epicyclo

mastiles_fanylion – Member
    …it is fun and appeals to people who don't care about cars…

Bang on. That's probably why I like it 🙂

GrahamS

Can the various haters stop banging on about the "millions" of their "TV tax" spent on Top Gear?

If you don't like it then fair enough, but it undoubtedly makes a huge amount of money for the BBC (syndicate to other networks, DVDs, magazine, merchandise) so I suspect the accounts will show that far from a waste of your license fee, it actually saves you money.

Also I've yet to pick up on the "homophobia" in TG, despite numerous threads about it on here.

I suspect some people are just a bit sensitive. You know the type… 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You know the type..

The ones that drive VW Beatles and convertible Mercs?

Everywhen
    Free Member

I remember the feature on the old TG, some beardy fella loading up a Citroen BX Estate with the camera crew flight cases to show how much it could carry and how the suspension self levelled – boring TV – all available in the brochure from the Citroen dealer if you were that bothered.

Three middle age fellas acting like kids with cars – good fun TV.

The current TG actually acknowledges the fact that a large proportion of people like cars for what they are, good bad indifferent and the various reasons people drive what they drive.

Gary_C

VW Beatles

Would that be the John, Paul, George & Ringo special edition model then?

😉

FeeFoo
    Free Member

For me it's a never ending sequence of asinine observations over things they hate.
    Then some made up sequences of japes and scrapes. It may as well be a cartoon.

"hur hur hur, sarcasm, homophobia, hur hur hur".

Inspired.

RustySpanner

mastiles_fanylion – Member

We'll never know about the interest unless one is researched/made, but there is certainly room.

For when you get back – my point was that TG was dying on it's arse as a motoring programme so they changed the format. That leads me to the assumption that there isn't the interest. Yes?

Hello mastiles.

I refer you again to the 'Come Dancing/Strictly Come Dancing' situation.
    Which reminds me of a very funny joke that would definitely result in a ban.

VW Beatles

Nice cars. Have a tendancy to break up after 10 years. 🙂

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I like some of the bits where they're thrashing supercars through tunnels in Europe or whatever. The 'races' sometimes have some good bits but the knowledge that it's so heavily scripted makes it all seem a bit hollow.

But the bits in the studio- the tired, pub-bore banter, the chortling yes-men in the background, Clarkson in general- just make me change channels.

I like a lot of James May's other programmes though.

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘PSA – New series of Top Gear Tonight BBC2 8PM’ is closed to new replies.