Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • PSA – New series of Top Gear Tonight BBC2 8PM
  • Houns

Thought I'd get in there first

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00syxz4

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Do you think it will be any different to the past 3 series? It's tired, contrived and cringeworthy.

Houns

Seeing as i've enjoyed the last 3 serious i hope not

jahwomble
    Free Member

Must be honest, I stopped watching about three seasons ago, just the same old tired and formulaic c**p trotted out year after year.

brakes
    Free Member

I reckon they'll try and change it a bit, but not enough
    last series?

eth3er
    Free Member

I'm looking forward to it.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

today is the volcano in Iceland 🙂 we will see how it all started 😀

highclimber
    Free Member

I find it entertaining and much better use of our Licence Tax than freaking Doctor Who, Holby City, Eastenders and the F***ing ONE SHOW to name a few!!!

Bimbler
    Free Member

I find it entertaining and much better use of our Licence Tax….

Top Gear earns an absolute mint for the BBC iirc. I'm only an occassional watcher but usually enjoy it when I watch.

highclimber
    Free Member

it's sold the rights to a few countries including the US I think.

I wouldn't consider myself a 'petrolhead' but I do find Top Gear entertaining, and for all his faults Jeremy Clarkson is quite amusing and brutally honest!

Ill bet all those who said they don't like it have watched Gee Atherton Race James May through a Portugese Street? Something for everyone!

amplebrew

The Reliant Robin bit is hilarious!!!!! 😀

grahamt1980

I'm loving the robin reliant bit, no wonder he had a helmet on

RustySpanner

Article in one of the newspapers (Guardian I think) last week where the producer cited the example of his two kids, both under eight, as an example of the audience he is trying to appeal to.

Personally, I think it's been going downhill since William Woollard left.

amplebrew

Top Gear has got to one of the funnist things on TV. My missus can't stand cars, yet she finds it really funny 🙂

5th gear is like watching paint dry in comparision!!!!

ianpinder
    Free Member

were ribin reliants really that bad?

RustySpanner

The 'funny' thing is all well and good, but I'd quite like a proper motoring show, with decent, quality journalism – not another version of 'Men Behaving Badly'.

And it would be far, far better if it was presented by Vicky Butler Henderson and Suzi Perry. 😀

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

Sexism, Homophobia and crashing a reliant robin, have we just arrived in the 70s?

jahwomble
    Free Member

As far as I can tell,some people never left.

jam-bo

Same old, same old.

Cougar

You say that like it's a bad thing.

amplebrew

Penrod Pooch – Member
    Sexism, Homophobia and crashing a reliant robin, have we just arrived in the 70s?

Maybe Clarkson is really Gene Hunt 😀 lol

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No, not Gene Hunt, but certainly he's something that rhymes with the surname 🙂

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Tedious.
    Fatuous.
    Hateful.

"hur hur hur… Pants! hur hur hur…"

Repeat ad nauseum

Flaperon

Oh, go back to your Guardians.

Very, very, funny – especially the Reliant Robin bit at the end. Wonder if the Look North bit was staged like the rest of it since the reporter looked genuinely shocked.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, it's better than the Wendyball that's being forced down the collective public throat at every second.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Reliant Robin. hur hur. Brilliant! They're pants! hur hur.

proteus
    Free Member

Article in one of the newspapers (Guardian I think) last week where the producer cited the example of his two kids, both under eight, as an example of the audience he is trying to appeal to.

Wonder if the Look North bit was staged like the rest of it since the reporter looked genuinely shocked.

Epic Producer WIN!

will
    Free Member

Flaperon – Member
    Oh, go back to your Guardians.

Very, very, funny – especially the Reliant Robin bit at the end. Wonder if the Look North bit was staged like the rest of it since the reporter looked genuinely shocked.

Totally agree! Top Gear is funny, and one of the best things on TV.

RustySpanner

Well, it's better than the Wendyball that's being forced down the collective public throat at every second.

🙄

Grow up. This constant need to assert your supposed social superiority by the denigration of our most popular national game, along with your refusal to even attempt to separate an appreciation of the game itself from the crass marketing that surrounds it does you no favours and says far more about you than it does about football.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oooh, touchy….! 🙂

My "social superiority", you say? Erm, no. It's just that I really don't like soccer. I find it very dull. Very dull indeed. It's not a class thing, it's not a superiority thing. I just find soccer incredibly boring.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I don't reeds the Guardian. And apart from the six or seven people on this thread, everyone else hates it.

That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FeeFoo – Member
    I don't reeds the Guardian

Ah, I see. Do you proofread for them, perhaps?

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Yus, yus, I do's Cap'n.

RustySpanner

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Oooh, touchy….!

My "social superiority", you say? Erm, no. It's just that I really don't like soccer. I find it very dull. Very dull indeed. It's not a class thing, it's not a superiority thing. I just find soccer incredibly boring.

Really? I suppose you may be the exception that proves the rule, but many people I've met recently seem to think they may acquire a tattoo and a glottal stop just by standing next to a football fan.

And I much prefer the Telegraph (James May is very good in the Saturday Motoring section)& the Indie at the weekend 🙂
    The Observer has gone right off recently.

brakes
    Free Member

Robin Reliant bit was genuinely funny, the rest was just a bit tired; like many successful series these days they flog them all the way to the glue factory.

jam-bo

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Maybe not, but had I seen that on Dave I probably would have thought it was a show from a previous series that I'd missed.

Format is getting tired.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Loved the reliant bit. Having lived next to the factory for most of my life it made me howl.

Funny. 😀

highclimber
    Free Member

Just watched on BBC Iplayer. totally amusing esp. the Reliant Robin. That just never tires. I had tears and now need a hernia op from laughing!

samuri
    Free Member

I've always thought they were fairly funny. Perhaps you have to be a non-petrolhead to like them?

I wouldn't stay up to watch them though, I think the only TV I'll make a point of watching nowadays are decent films and interesting looking documentaries.

IT Crowd is good too although the latest series didn't make me laugh too mcuh.

rs
    Free Member

reliant bit was sooooooooooo funny PMSL

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘PSA – New series of Top Gear Tonight BBC2 8PM’ is closed to new replies.