• This topic has 71 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by paton.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • PSA – New Guy Martin programme
  • CountZero

Sunday, 9pm on Ch 4, he attempts to build a replica WW1 tank, with help from JCB. Looks like it could be interesting.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Proper.

benp1

I wager he drinks at least 4 mugs of tea through the programme

lunge

Blue Planet 2 followed by Guy Martin? Sunday night TV is looking very good indeed.

DrJ

Building a WW1 tank – perfect follow-up to Remembrance Sunday

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Just set it to record, it’s on at 8pm on my telly 🙂

redsox
    Free Member

It’s on at 9pm on Channel 4 +1

natrix
    Free Member

It’s on at 9pm on Channel 4 plus 1

🙂

Apparently he’s named his daughter ‘Dot’.

If she gets a PhD will she be ‘Dr Dot’??????

robgclarkson
    Free Member

They weren’t messing about them boys, those boys weren’t messing about were they?

They weren’t playing at it… we’re they?.

Etc

Watty

Mmm, intriguing. If they built that at the Norfolk tank museum I may well have seen them doing a bit of welding.

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

Watty – Member
    Mmm, intriguing. If they built that at the Norfolk tank museum I may well have seen them doing a bit of welding.

It was at the Norfolk Tank Museum. I saw it there a few weeks ago. It was under a tarpaulin with the tracks partly on. I lifted the tarp to see inside through the side opening. Couldn’t work out what the engine was but obviously diesel and modern. I asked about it and they did say that it was a Guy Martin project for TV and that was all.

maxtorque

Two fish in a tank. One turns to the other and says “You got any idea how to drive this thing?”…..

IGMC

Watty

Ah, how funny. I turned up on my motorbike on a day it was apparently closed, but looked open so rode in. There were 3 or 4 blokes welding bits on. The tracks were laid out behind it ready for fitting. I imagine one of the chaps under a welding mask was Mr Martin.

CountZero

It’s on at 9pm on Channel 4 +1

Slight error there, I set up to record at 9 on 4+1 to avoid a clash.

grtdkad

That’s tonight then – set to record at 8pm Channel 4HD

binners

It’s coming to something when your wife informs you that you’ll both be watching a programme about World War One tanks this evening

Oh well….

MrOvershoot

binners – Member

It’s coming to something when your wife informs you that you’ll both be watching a programme about World War One tanks this evening

Oh well….

TBF most men would rejoice at that statement rather than an evening of

“get me out of celebrity come dancing on x factor ice jump”

fettlin

natrix – Member
    It’s on at 9pm on Channel 4 plus 1

Apparently he’s named his daughter ‘Dot’.
    If she gets a PhD will she be ‘Dr Dot’??????

Dot Martin!

Rich_s

get me out of celebrity come dancing on x factor ice jump

Read that as “Get me out of a celebrity” which would be highly enjoyable viewing, I suspect.

matt_outandabout

Cheers chief, all set to record now.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Don’t forget his New “proper” Speed series starts later this month too..

CountZero

bikebouy – Member
    Don’t forget his New “proper” Speed series starts later this month too..

Oooooo! Didn’t know that, cheers, I’ll be keeping my eyes open for it. 😀

binners

Oh, I’m certainly not moaning Mr Overshoot. She’s awesomz!! 😀

milky1980
    Free Member

A few small holes in one side and the other side completely missing!!

Bloody hell…

Harry_the_Spider

I wouldn’t be happy painting the underside of that hull whilst it was propped up at the front. 😯

bruneep

I have to suffer X factor and I’m a washed up nobody 😥

bikebouy
    Free Member

Next Sunday’s is Guy vs AI..

milky1980
    Free Member

Nicely done that.

Harry_the_Spider

Arghh. Frigging computer froze and I missed the last 5 minutes!

boblo
    Free Member

20 mins of telly ‘compressed’ into an hour and a half… Dire. That’s all.

maxtorque

I thought it was good!

Some history, some interesting characters, some messing around in tanks, some welding, some cups of tea. Perfect 😉

terrahawk
    Free Member

Christ that Team JMC hat I gave him looks like a shitty rag!

forzafkawi
    Free Member

“You can’t expect to hit the nail on the head with the first bite of the cherry” – LOL!

Pity the Lincoln police pissed on Guy’s chips though. Can’t be interferring with Christmas shopping in the name of commemorating a national memorial. Kiljoy plod.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Wonderful, not sure why you’d think it was drawn out, could have made 3-4 1 hour shows out of that.

Loved it personally.

nickhit3
    Free Member

Brilliant, must be an age thing but I found the program quite moving. The shots surrounding the final appearance at Cambrai were humbling I thought. It was sad that it seemed to be not part of an official French commemoration but perhaps that was asking too much with the diary. Embarrassing that the police/HSE of the town of Lincoln of all places spoiled the party- surely there would have been a way around that? The friking thing does LESS than walking speed at full chat.

The Last Post always gets me too. Tears were rolling.

epicyclo

Thoroughly enjoyed the show.

About half an hour after the implications of a line tossed off casually hit me “They advanced 5 miles but couldn’t hold the gains because there were not enough reserves”.

In other words, the casualty list must have been enormous. 🙁

(I’ll have to check that now)

Defender
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it, I like his style it’s not overbearing or superior, more like a down to earth mate.
    Very interesting the damage to the original tank, and how many crew there were, it made me think about what it must have been like to be in one?
    Well done to JCB for making the hull and sponsons and even replicating the 3000 rivets that would have held it together.
    I’d like to go to the Norfolk Tank Museum and see it up close.

Embarrassing that the police/HSE of the town of Lincoln of all places spoiled the party- surely there would have been a way around that? The friking thing does LESS than walking speed at full chat.

I dunno. When they were mucking around with the rope in the High Street it looked like there would be only inches to spare in a couple of places.

Then when they started trying to drive it – three blokes, all communicating by hand signals. What could possibly go wrong?

It was a shame they couldn’t incorporate it into something more official at Cambrai though.

Incredible amount of work needed to build the thing. Presumably JCB and that other engineering firm did it gratis?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘PSA – New Guy Martin programme’ is closed to new replies.