Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • PSA: New Cycling Show on BBC 5Live – Tonight 9pm
  • Jamie
    Free Member

If you can get past the fact its:

a) On 9pm on a Friday.

b) Presented by Collin Murray

c) Called Bespoke

…then it might be worth a listen on iPlayer/podcast.

Click Murray’s cheeky face for more info…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What chance of a mountain bike?

neninja
    Free Member

Renta-presenter Colin Murray is hosting it and for that reason I won’t be tuning in.

Jamie
    Free Member

Renta-presenter Colin Murray is hosting it and for that reason I won’t be tuning in.

I agree, there are many better choices. It seems the Beeb are really trying to get their moneys worth with Mr Murray.

jfletch
    Free Member

These crap cycling shows are just a phase we have to go through as our sport becomes more mainstream. They aren’t for us, they are for noobs who watched the Olympics or the tour and now want to know more.

All we can hope is that shows like this and the cycle show on ITV4 are good enough to gain and hold peoples interest so they can graduate to proper TV and radio shows.

The Beeb can do them when they want; see Pedlers, the 5Live special on the Lance s***storm.

binners

I did hear the trailer and my heart sank as I heard ‘hosted by Colin Murry’. I actually quite like Colin Murry when he’s doing footy stuff, but what possible relevance does he have to a cycling programme?

And I agree with jfletch – The Pedlers 5Live special on the Lance s***storm was brilliant! Mark Chapman did that and had clearly done his homework

portlyone

They should get Lizzie Armistead on, she was great on the Revelution coverage the other day.

Dobbo

What chance of a mountain bike?

Little I hope, road is where it’s at 8)

jfletch
    Free Member

Colin Murray can also be brilliant when he has done his homework. His specials where he met every living Olympic gold medalist were quality programming and he is good on the footy.

If he learns about the cycling I don’t see why he is a bad choice. He is certainly well suited to a more relaxed, chatty format.

molgrips
    Free Member

I like Colin Murray. He was brilliant in the Olympics 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think Murray’s getting a raw deal here. If he’s done his homework, and he is the type of guy who does, then it could be good. I’ll keep an open mind on it. Hope it’s good, though I fully expect it to be not good enough for the usual suspects.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hope it’s good, though I fully expect it to be not good enough for the usual suspects.

Usual suspects? Why not get off the fence ‘mate’, and name names.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/potential-psa-weekly-cycling-show-on-radio-5-live

😀

+1 Murray was excellent in the olympics and his ‘gold run’ series went way beyond the normal/banal questions olympians get asked.

grum
    Free Member

I like Colin Murray. He was brilliant in the Olympics

molgrips, we seem to disagree on just about everything!

Jamie
    Free Member

@crashtestmonkey

It’s all about timing 😉

epo-aholic
    Free Member

shite name…..not expecting much but i’ll give it a try 🙂

amt27
    Free Member

isn’t the cycle racing season over? what are they going to talk about? ah doping, night night

kimbers

mleh not enough (or any) mtbing,

heres a feature on the inners uplift though

14:59

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01nn09y/Reporting_Scotland_01_11_2012/

epo-aholic
    Free Member

…..i forgot about this, was it any good?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘PSA: New Cycling Show on BBC 5Live – Tonight 9pm’ is closed to new replies.