Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • PSA new (cheese-fest) dinosaur / human colonists series starts tonight!
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Whoooooo

Hoomans sent back from the 23rd century, through a portal, back among the dino’s 85 millions years previous.

What’s not to to like?

Oh – and the lovely Shelley Conn is in it too.

EDIT Sky1 @ 8pm

z1ppy

yep gunna try it, but not to worried if it’s crap as House is back next week, YAY!

Though the one way time portal premise is very Julian May (and probably others)

clubber
    Free Member

Name ( I can’t watch the youtube vid)?

derek_starship
    Free Member

clubber – as you asked so politely – it’s called Terra Nova.

DezB
    Free Member

as you asked so politely

😆

Is it aimed at kids or grownups, you buffoon?

clubber
    Free Member

Ta 😉

Drac

Hit series link before which means, I’ll record the forget about then stumble across it when my sky box starts crashing as it’s full. I’ll then delete it because I won’t have time to watch it.

clubber
    Free Member
    portlyone

It’s a Spielberg thing, init. Can’t see it being anything other than tragic.

DezB
    Free Member

The video clips on IMDB have rather put me off.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I watched about half an hour of this a few days ago, it was truly awful I thought.

pete68
    Free Member

@ z1ppy, House back THIS week on Thursday.Wouldn’t want you to miss best programme on.Sky+ already set.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Looks terrible so I have just set the Sky+ to record it.

epicyclo

Sounds like Swiss Family Robinson in Space – again. 🙂

Flaperon

It’s more like Stargate crossed with Jurassic Park. It also has the dude from Avatar in it who can only play domineering military leaders. But with a beard.

PJM1974
    Free Member

It looks awful.

I love the premise, but it’s difficult to see where they’re going with the storyline, unless it ends up being one of those cringeworthy human drama things which concentrates on relationship, snot-nosed kids that get into minor trouble and some kind of love-triange while the bigger picture is lost in a mess of technobabble.

So I’ll probably watch it too.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Ho ho typical STW response – stamp ALL over it with deep sea diving boots before it’s born. You gotta love this town.

PJM1974
    Free Member

But we’re all saying we’re going to give it a chance!

A lot of US Sci-Fi comes with very high expectations, but leaves me feeling quite cheated somehow. I grew up reading Asimov, Clarke, Niven & Pournelle etc and the stories never really translate well.

I was wrong about BSG though.

Flaperon

ends up being one of those cringeworthy human drama things which concentrates on relationship, snot-nosed kids that get into minor trouble and some kind of love-triange while the bigger picture is lost in a mess of technobabble.

Uhhh… hate to break this to you… 😉

z1ppy

Pete68, cheers for the heads up on the correct date.. fanatic viewing, pity the tv guide spoiled this series premise (I assume the whole series will be set ‘there’ like the pycho ward), but you do get yet another different House setting… not your average TV doctor series!

Little lost as to why House gets so little love here, but Europe loves it.

emsz
    Free Member

Oh look another US series with some pointless reason for flashy computer generated monsters. 🙄

I ache to see just well made grown-up, believable, well scripted drama about real people with real things to say about the world, or relationships, or life in the modern world, rather than this sort of far fetched fairy story nonsense.

Really!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

But we’re all saying we’re going to give it a chance!

Not me, tis a raging festival of cheese for sure, you will do really well to get to the end of the first episode.

I love the premise, but it’s difficult to see where they’re going with the storyline, unless it ends up being one of those cringeworthy human drama things which concentrates on relationship, snot-nosed kids that get into minor trouble and some kind of love-triange while the bigger picture is lost in a mess of technobabble.

You’ve already seen it haven’t you? 🙂

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Oh and for some reason the army dudes wear Dainese body armour, perfect protection against bullets and dinosaurs.

Anyway, enjoy!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

What’s not to to like?

Nearly everything?

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh look another US series with some pointless reason for flashy computer generated monsters.

Name 3 others?

emsz
    Free Member

X Files
    Battle star Galatica
    Star Trek
    Firefly
    Doll house
    Angel…

Need I go on? 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

No, as you prove my point. 6 sci-fi series going back over 20+ years. Not as if it is wall to wall now is it?

Now if I listed other genres of US shows, crime dramas would blow sci-fi out the water.

8)

emsz
    Free Member

I just read along my housemates DVD collection. They’re always on here 🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

So this is really about issues with your housemate.

Let me guess, they are always watching X-Files when you want to watch Dancing With The Stars?*

Bastards!

*Which, it could be said, features some garish monsters of its own.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Well, I saw both episodes last night…

…you know exactly where I’m going to go with this don’t you? 😉

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It made Primeval look like a Bafta award winner…

PJM1974
    Free Member

I was rooting for the slashy, bitey dinosaurs towards the end of the second episode.

RealMan
    Free Member

It also has the dude from Avatar in it who can only play domineering military leaders. But with a beard.

Thought I recognized him.

Oh look another US series with some pointless reason for flashy computer generated monsters.
    Name 3 others?

Firefly

I’m guessing you’ve never seen Firefly then.

Looks interesting, reminds me of The Walking Dead, which I’ve been enjoying. Will definitely give it a go, and unlike the rest of STW, I can actually wait until I experience something before having an extremely strong opinion on the matter.

Just to make everyone else feel old, it was 18 years ago when Jurassic Park came out. Time for a new dinosaur thing I’d say.

I_Ache
    Free Member

emsz – Member

I ache to see just [a] well made grown-up

You called?

Well I watched both episodes last night and quite liked it. Yes it was cheesy and a bit crap but it was enjoyable. I have series linked it but fully expect it to deteriorate into unwatchable crap by the second series.

Cougar

I’m guessing you’ve never seen Firefly then.

I was thinking, she’s essentially listing my favourite shows there…

I’ve been following the progress of Terra Nova for a while now. I had high hopes but low expectations.

portlyone

Actually I quite liked it too. It needs to deliver on the plot hints though.

At least it’s not Falling Skies.

emsz
    Free Member

Watch them?

you have to joking, there’s running, cooking, cycling, my GF…why would I watch telly?

unless it’s buffy…Obviously 😆

RealMan
    Free Member

you have to joking, there’s running, cooking, cycling, my GF..

In that order? 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

In that order?

I think someone is in trouble.

RealMan
    Free Member

Of course, surely cycling should come first.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘PSA new (cheese-fest) dinosaur / human colonists series starts tonight!’ is closed to new replies.