Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA National Cycle to Work Day tomorrow 12/09/13
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Don’t forget to smile as you spin through red lights, cut up kerbs, zip past old folk, slam brake in front of meandering students looking down at their phones, scuttle up one way streets the wrong way, get gutter rash by being squeezed by taxis, loose your false teeth from bouncing along potholes, sweating like a pig from Strava KOMs, dribbling coffee down your suit whilst negotiating one handed right turns through pedestrian crossings, stopping to tie up that loose pannier or saddle bag, trap your right trews leg in the chain (yet again) get soaked by a short sharp shower and finally end up at work to find office security won’t allow you to bring your foldie into the office..

😆

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’m on holiday til Monday, do I still have to cycle to work? 🙂

Trekster
    annebr
    Free Member

I can’t tomorrow, I have an appointment after work. I’ll go for a ride at lunch time ok.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I’m working at home tomorrow!

GrahamS

Ooh best cycle to work then. Like I do every day. 😀

Are there any figures showing that these “special days” actually increase the number of people cycling to work (both on the day and say two weeks later after any initial buzz has worn off)?

flyingmonkeycorps

I’m a maybe… Thursday should be one of my “ride in” days, but I’ve got a dicky knee and I don’t want to make it any worse 🙁

ahwiles
    Free Member

today must be ‘hoon (just) past a cyclist, brake hard and turn left’ day

i had 3 this morning…

#alldriversare***ts.

jfletch
    Free Member

I’m working from home tomorrow. Therefore I will take my bike upstairs to bed with me and then ride down the stairs.

Sounds like fun.

camo16
    Free Member

I’ll be supporting for this wonderful initiative… by doing what I do every other work day. Doubt I’ll see more cyclists on my ride though.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i think a bigger message could be sent with a national ‘drive to work’ day.

bikebouy
    Free Member

* wipes coffee off suit.

No, you simply MUST ride to work tomorrow… It’s in the rules, what’dapoint of organising a day if you lot can’t be bothered to get out of bed…. Tsk, tsk. 😆

I will be attempting a wheelie through the barriers at Canary Wharf in homage to you lot working from home, slackers 😆

Stay safe now..

ebygomm
    Free Member

Surely a cycle to work day should be during Bike week?

Seems odd to have two separate events.

crazy-legs

We get a free coffee and croissant for cycling in tomorrow.

I’m campaigning for a free coffee and croissant for the remaining 4 days a week that I ride in…

camo16
    Free Member

I will be attempting a wheelie through the barriers at Canary Wharf in homage to you lot working from home, slackers

And I’ll represent the Northern stay-at-home posse by shooting the red lights of Liverpool whilst scanning STW via mobile and flipping the bird to slow-moving pedestrians, thus ensuring maximum outrage… sorted.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA National Cycle to Work Day tomorrow 12/09/13’ is closed to new replies.