Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • P.S.A mtbing on Countryfile now.
  • Bunnyhop

Adam tries out the highest mtbing trails in Britain.

speaker2animals

Just waiting now. What bike you reckon? Catalogue special? Fixed, rigid 96er? OOOOOh the excitement.

tails
    Free Member

a brompton

speaker2animals

OOh wish I were there. Looks ace and just goes to show what a puff I am cos I’m sure I’d be making things more difficult than Adam and I’ve been riding for donkey’s years!

kona_uk
    Free Member

Happy Days ! 🙂

speaker2animals

Can I afford the petrol and night in Keswick so I can spend a day at Whinlatter? Probably not but think I’ll have to give it a go. Looks ace. And who needs an excuse to spend a night out in Keswick?

nbt

Well, the trail in itslef looked like pretty much any other MTB trail, but the idea of building a trail for disabled bikers was interesting. Kudos to those guys for having the balls to try it, and I’m sure that the next such trail will be a whole lot bettre, just like the MTB trails have evolved over time

grumm
    Free Member

Is it just me or were the disabled riders whinging slightly about the trail not being perfectly suited to them?

grumm
    Free Member

I liked the comment about hurting yourself – ‘I’m already in a wheelchair, how much worse can it get!’

dobo
    Free Member

looks great, lovely views, was also surprised to see schwalbe tyres on..

kona_uk
    Free Member

Is it the Altura trail ??

dobo
    Free Member

just sounded like the disabled chaps wanted it to run faster, i can imagine there to be a few dead spots, wonder if non disabled people can use it?

druidh
    Free Member

The commentary said that the last kilometre of the trail had been built with the 4-wheel bikes in mind. That sounds like it’s shared use.

And the guys weren’t moaning about it not being built “just for them”. Like they said, everyone is still learning what does/doesn’t work.

Oh – and it’s the highest trail in ENGLAND, not Britain

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Cringe-worthy.

grumm
    Free Member

Is England and Britain not the same thing? 😈

snaps
    Free Member
    Bunnyhop

druidh-they advertised it as Britain at the very beginning, but then again I am getting deaf in my old age.

grumm
    Free Member

Which ones are higher then?

nbt

I think the Highland Wildcat at Golspie has the biggest single climb, but it starts at sea level and so is not neccesarilly the hightest

water-boy
    Free Member

i saw it and didn’t manage to take note of where it was but i kinda thought someone would mention it on here, those disabled buggies looked great.

and there was a bit in my local paper about a company called http://www.moltenrock.co.uk who make an offroad chair, pretty cool idea

Spongebob
    Free Member

“”I liked the comment about hurting yourself – ‘I’m already in a wheelchair, how much worse can it get!”” – paraplegia?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘P.S.A mtbing on Countryfile now.’ is closed to new replies.