Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • PSA – Motley Crew play Wembley in Nov15, tickets on sale tomoz..
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Well there you go, just when you’ve hung up your studded lycra and hankies, sisters t-shirt and pixie boots Motley Crew go all UK’ish and head to Wembley Arena in Nov.
    Tickets on sale tomorrow

\m/

I’m in, well if I can get tickets that is. 😆

Northwind

November? That’s madness, what about the snow?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Metal Heads don’t feel the cold.

\m/

Edit:

OLD Metal Heads don’t feel the cold 😆

\m/ O \m/

CheesybeanZ

Seen them a couple of times – crazy fantastic show \m/ \M/ 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Seen them once, loooooooooooong time ago when most of you lot were watching Sonic the Hedgehog on a Saga Megagear..

Donington Park, when Monsters of Rock meant just that.

\m/ ^ \m/

johnj2000
    Free Member

Are you sure about the date? I was going to go but thought it was the 6th which clashes with a FT gig.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Doh! Nov 2015 not Nov 15th

CheesybeanZ

Yup Monsters of Rock \m/

bikebouy
    Free Member

Thing is..

Do I wear shades indoors or not?

I mean, it’s important like innit.

Snifffffff.

\m/ (*) \m/

igm

Are Motley Crew a Mötley Crüe tribute band?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Are Motley Crew a Motley Crue tribute band?

No, they’re a Mötley Crüe tribute band.

If you’re going to be a pedant, at least do it properly.

johndoh
    Free Member

Metal Heads don’t feel the cold.

I think I actually got hyperthermia waiting outside Manchester Apollo to see Ozzy Osbourne. Metal heads do get cold 😉

igm

Sorted CFH – I can’t find some of those letters on my generic overpriced tablet keyboard so I was just off finding a bit ont’ ‘tinerweb to copy

Northwind

You ignorant bugger, I was referring to the risk posed by the weight of snow on the roof

MoreCashThanDash

Saw them a year or two back supporting Def Leppard. Frankly Crue were disappointing, sound quality awful, Steel Panther who had opened were waaaaay better.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm.. Steel Panther ? Is that like modern rock or something ? 😆

Sound engineers are cynical bustards, specially if they are from the headliners 😛

Nikki Sixx, a bit of makeup, tight spandex and a grin.
    Mick Mars, stationary in a 1ft square immovable object, lots of makeup,
    Vince Neil, growler extraordinaire, open arms, bulgy trews..
    and
    Tommy Lee, expressionist skin thrasher..

Ohh whoop…

10am tomorrow.. work servers are going to crash all over Town.

😀

DuuuuOoooof…

\m/ (=) \m/

Pigface
    Free Member

Can anyone get excited about these oafs, Vince Neil utter moron who killed Razzle, Mick Marrs octogenarian, Tommy Lee the only one in the band who is proficient on their instrument and Nikki Sixx who wrote the most amazing books about being in Motley Crue and surviving heroin.

I have a grudging respect for them but as survivors but as a band they are pretty awful.

MartynS

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CmXWkMlKFkI[/video]

There we go..!!!

binners

Its telling that in the book, they themselves had the honesty to admit that they can’t believe people actually bought their music,as it was mainly crap. But what a book. If you’ve not read it, then its an absolute must. They really did take drug-fuelled debauchery to previously uncharted levels! They were far more imteresting than anything they ever recorded

senorj

I’d rather go and see Poison 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Can anyone get excited about these oafs

Baffling. As young, wild, crazy rock’n’rollers, I can (almost) see the car crash appeal of it. But old blokes going through the motions to pay off their tax bills? Baffling.

As for a band called Steel Panther – you most know they’re taking the piss? Or is novelty music something which you can actually listen to more than once?

LS
    Free Member

You ignorant bugger, I was referring to the risk posed by the weight of snow on the roof

Don’t worry, at least one of us got the reference!
    I took my daughter to the cinema a couple of years ago (she’d have been eight) and one of the trailers for the upcoming kids films had ‘Kickstart My Heart’ as the backing music. Probably not the most appropriate message you’d want to get across to a bunch of children?!

BoardinBob

I’d rather go and see Poison

I’d rather be poisoned

beej

They played Download last weekend. Surprisingly competent, compared to the last time I saw them. Vince had been inflated and Mick had been replaced by a guitar playing robot but it was a good show.

Oh, tickets were on sale yesterday through Live Nation, just need to be registered on their site. My GF is a huge fan so I had the honour of sitting at work at 10am to buy tickets the moment they became available.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m happy with the slagging off you are giving them. Like \W/ *shrugs

Yeah I like em’, always have even though some of their songs are questionable, musicianship aside. To me they represent an era of fully fledged enjoyment, loud music, rock n roll and Girls.

Only 40mins till the doors open..

\m/

Northwind

Hello, we’re whitesnake!
    Dude, I thought we were ratt?
    No way, I thought we were Quiet Riot!

RustySpanner

‘Oh help me Mrs Medlicott, I don’t know what to do…….’

beej

@Rusty. All three in Vince.

johndoh
    Free Member

I’d rather go and see Poison

I’d rather go and see Tigertailz 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

If you really want to take the piss, there is now a Steel Panther tribute band! 😆

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Well, looks like that sold out bloody quick for Wembley – unless you want rip off ‘VIP’ normal seats 🙁

Glad I’ve seen them a few times already

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I threw bottles at them when they played at Donington. Their emergence was the start in a massive decline in heavy rock.

beej

But a massive rise in sales of eyeliner and hair dye.

bikebouy
    Free Member

😐

No tickets for me.

I Is Gutted..

And there is no way on this little Planet that I’ll buy off a tout eithers, like.

So now I’m feeling a bit /w\

razorrazoo

binners – Member

Its telling that in the book, they themselves had the honesty to admit that they can’t believe people actually bought their music,as it was mainly crap. But what a book. If you’ve not read it, then its an absolute must. They really did take drug-fuelled debauchery to previously uncharted levels! They were far more imteresting than anything they ever recorded

I’m going to have to agree with a ManU fan for once and also heartily recommend reading this book.

m1kea
    Free Member

Oh Dear

The one and only time I saw them was 1989 in that aural 5hitehole, Wembley Arena.

IIRC twas Dr Feelgood tour and they were supported by White Lion and Skid Row.

Saw Skid Row at Brighton two years ago with a different vocalist, and they basically phoned it in. Ugly Kid Joe on the other hand put in a great set that night.

votchy
    Free Member

Woohoo, got my ticket for Brum 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

^ piss off 😆

Frankenstein
    Free Member

m1kea – Member
    Oh Dear

The one and only time I saw them was 1989 in that aural 5hitehole, Wembley Arena.

Saw Skid Row at Brighton two years ago with a different vocalist, and they basically phoned it in. Ugly Kid Joe on the other hand put in a great set that night.

POSTED 5 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Skid Row without Bach sucked.

I just remember the video for girls, girls, girls…

roger_mellie

m1kea – Member
    Oh Dear

Ha, me too. I was about 16/ 17. I was trying to remember who the other support act was the other day. Would never have guessed White Lion. Thanks. I’ll go and write that down and then promptly forget all about it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Motley Crew play Wembley in Nov15, tickets on sale tomoz..’ is closed to new replies.