Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • PSA: Morvelo Sale
  • c_klein87

Now the website is working they have a good sale on http://www.morvelo.com/men/spring-classic-offers i’ve been using nanoflex bibshorts all winter, so a trendy version for £50 is a winner

sandwicheater

Tempted by those long sleeve tops.

How do they measure up?

hora
    Free Member

Interested but are they a slender XL (36) or a true one? I tend to be ok on the waist but the thigh/leg bit means I have to go up a size.

sputnik
    Free Member

How can you compare them to Castelli Nanoflex?
    They’re not rebranded are they?

OmarLittle
    Free Member

How does their sizing compare to the likes of castelli, santini etc?

lemonysam
    Free Member

What’s the pad like on those shorts? It looks like a cheap stitched through open cell thing in the photos but I assume it’s not.

Also, how warm’s that Thermoactive long sleeved jersey? Are we talking winter only or three season type thing?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

The pads are very comfortable. From my experience they’re better than my Assos shorts or my Castelli ones.

Sizing for me seems to be about the same as Castelli.

jim
    Free Member

Note that their returns policy says:

Please note that we cannot accept exchanges or returns on sale items.

Not that I think that’s actually legal…

kcal

! I have found my Morvelo bib shorts very comfy but even trading up one size more than should, they’re pretty tight (and I mean tight) across the top of the legs and for height – feel like I’m bent over really powerfully..

So if that’s the case, I’d be wary of plumping cash for stuff that I can’t exchange (they were good about exchanging the shorts before..)

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Ive a pair of the bibknickers (and a pair of bibshorts) they are really well made. The pad is extremely comfy, the fit is tight – almost compression tight – at first but relaxes after a couple of wears.
    In fact, they are that good I may buy another set..

boblo
    Free Member

What’s the jersey fit like please?

hora
    Free Member

I wear 34/35 jeans but I’d have to buy XXL Morvelo’s due to my thighs etc???

Thats a risk.

bonzodog
    Free Member

No returns? Outrageous!

They can put them into their bottoms.

wwaswas

They make a point of saying that their shorts are designed to fit like compression clothing so they will be tight.

kcal

Aye, but there’s tight and there’s Bee Gees tight!

I suppose they may not be for everyone’s shape; you don’t know if the next size up would be a ‘better’ fit (compression allowance inclusive) or suddenly too flappy.. and with no returns you can’t do the order two send one back routine..

muddydwarf
    Free Member

The short sleeve jerseys are quite tight in the arms, the long sleeve versions are identical in dimension to my Sportful jersey.

DT78
    Free Member

Ive found morvelo true to their size chart. I’m typically a medium in morvelo and a large in castelli at an average build 5’11” 38″ chest

kcal

I’d have to check the actual size of the bib shorts I have (and are, still, a tight fit – after several outings). But if I went by their size chart I’d be a S verging on M – pretty sure that’s not what I have. As I say, would have to check but going by their size chart I ordered first shorts – couldn’t get the things past my knees :0)

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Morvelo stuff is very good, i find the pad the best ive used.

I have that thermo active jersey and its good down to about 3 degrees with a underlayer on.

Im 5’11 33leg and about 32 waist, i take a medium in the jerseys and a large in their shorts.

hora
    Free Member

Done. Will try on in clean jockeys so worse case can resell here.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Jersey fit is whack. Got a long sleeve from merlin and sized up to go over pads, as recommended. It was like they’d stitched the sleeves from a small (which were snug on my noodley arms and no way would go over elbow pads) onto a baggy XL body.

And distance Selling Regs says they will do returns…

MarcSussex
    Free Member

Please note that we cannot accept exchanges or returns on sale items.

I queried this and received the following reply:

If you order an item from the sale and need to exhange it for another size, we can arrange this no problem

hora
    Free Member

If you order an item from the sale and need to exhange it for another size, we can arrange this no problem

Looks like they could be right:

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/consumer_w/consumer_different_ways_of_buying_e/goods_bought_in_a_sale_your_rights.htm

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Morvelo Sale’ is closed to new replies.