• This topic has 59 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • PSA more Guy Martin
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

I thought there was about 15mins of interesting TV in it, but still watched all of it.

epicyclo

It was just a bit of fun. No baby robins were crushed (on camera anyway).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Rossi Vs Guy – would there be much in it? I don’t doubt Rossi would probably be a bit quicker, but not enough to make up for the fact that the car’s are 25% quicker than the bikes.

Would have been interesting to see a GP bike Vs F1 car though, I reckon it would have won the drag race with 30odd more horsepower, but I suspect Guy’s brakes are nigh on the same as the GP bikes though.

zippykona

Crazy watching the car go around the outside of the bike in the corners.

the-muffin-man

I think Guy was surprised at how laid-back DC was.

LS
    Free Member

Guy’s brakes are nigh on the same as the GP bikes though.

Not in dry conditions – GP bikes have carbon discs whereas superbikes are mandated to have steel. GP bikes run metal discs in the wet.
    Once up to race pace a superbike isn’t that far behind a GP bike but on outright acceleration and braking a GP bike is a fair way ahead. Particularly if they’d had Dani Pedrosa riding his Honda 😀

tillydog
    Free Member

Reasonably entertaining…

They should have let Guy have a go in the car, AND they should have a return race around the IoM.

(I found it funny that DC was scared of the bike 🙂 )

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Would the braking be that much better though, the limiting factor in a straight line is keeping the rear down, not brake power or front grip.

pondo

Two challenges in and it looks biased to prevent the F1 car stomping it – inters on it in the drag race, lockup from the cones in the deacceleration err race. But you know, they gotta keep it interesting – good stuff otherwise. 🙂

zippykona

Did DC really not know which way a bolt undoes?

pondo

Prolly been awhile since he’s done much of that. Appreciate voiceover dude has to make it sound exciting but it was all pretty one sided.

spacemonkey

The least interesting of all GM’s shows IMO. Pretty ***ing pointless in fact.

somafunk

I found it funny that DC was scared of the bike

He’s never been that keen on fast bikes, I went to our local academy with him and raced motocross to a similar national level when he was coming up through the karting and formula ford race scene so we used to go to each others events – he tried my bikes a few times (KX100/KX125/KX250) but was never that confidant on them compared to someone who was raised on two wheels and vice versa i tried his karts and formula fords which i was pretty crap at compared to him – he never won the championship in F1 but he still has immense natural talent behind the wheel of a car.

tillydog
    Free Member

^Cool!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Shame, it could have been very interesting, turned out to be less interesting than a bad episode of Top Gear

onehundredthidiot

I sat in passenger seat of his car as the licence holder when he was still on L plates.
    5 miles was far enough to get the turbo glowing on his Renault 5 gt turbo. Amuses me that he’s now doing Road safety ads.

somafunk

I remember that wee renault 5 gt turbo in 5th year at school, if i remember correctly it was a freebie from renault and our fav run was out to the Doon bay and back, totally irresponsible fun but like you say seeing a turbo almost reach critical meltdown was amusing to our feeble brains at the time.

somafunk

EDIT : His driving museum/F1 collection has moved to my workplace here , quite decent and there is a Red Bull F1 actual size driving simulator that is good fun, the car is on hydraulic rams so you get the full effect.

sands
    Free Member

terrahawk – Member
    Also, Easter Monday, Wall of Death LIVE.
    massive wall of death, 80-odd mph, Guy Martin, live on telly.

7:15pm Channel 4 (Monday 28 March)

DezB
    Free Member

Preview looked good.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘PSA more Guy Martin’ is closed to new replies.