Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • PSA More cheap reverbs
  • mattbibbings
    Free Member

In case you missed out on the wiggle deal, Planet X is a good second chance!

Get em while they’re hot!

ska-49
    Free Member

Nice video edit!

andyl
    Free Member

Get em while they’re hot!

It’s a good job it’s a bike video and not something you were watching last night that’s in your clipboard 😉

Reverb link: http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/SPRSRE13125/rockshox_reverb_125mm_drop_seatpost

stevede
    Free Member

😀

eulach

So if I want it mounted left hand side under the bars, do I have to buy a right hand one?

Underhill
    Free Member

Yep

creamegg
    Free Member

Yes, but it doesn’t always fit depending on your setup

svalgis
    Free Member

God damn it matt, I had just talked myself out of buying a Reverb. Now I pulled the trigger. **** off!!

(not really, cheers!)

dibboid
    Free Member

I had that mailshot off them too, the picture shows the older model with the silver collar. Not sure which one you’d end up with tbh. Might be worth asking them before buying to find out if it’s the one with the black collar that you’ll receive.

eyerideit
    Free Member

They’re the long ones for large/xl frames.

I can only run 250mm in my frame so I think it’ll be too long for my medium Mojo.

Shame, hopefully they’ll get hold of the shorter ones.

Not sure if I ‘need’ a 125mm drop as well.

Brant: Please get some 380mm/100mm or 350mm/125mm drop posts in stock and I’ll gladly part with the money.

😀

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Not my worst cut and paste fail 😉 Cheers for sorting the link Andyl.

P20

What’s the difference between black and silver collars?

jfb01
    Free Member

How much is the non supplied bleed kit & how often is it needed?

robhughes
    Free Member

You might need it to shorten the hose but you should be ok..

svalgis
    Free Member

I’d suggest buying the bleed kit from here.
    Bleed Kit for RockShox Reverb Seat Post & 2.5wt Fluid

nuke

Any idea minimum distance needed from top of seat clamp to saddle rails? I’ve 190mm: will this be enough for 125mm drop?

svalgis
    Free Member

It’s 190mm from what I’ve read so you should be okay. Just. 🙂

nuke

8) Ta

Anyone buy one in 30.9mm and then shim it to 31.6mm just so they have the flexibility in the future to use on both sizes?

djbmtb
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads up. Was after one and now have one on its way.

andyl
    Free Member

What’s the difference between black and silver collars?

no idea if there is any difference internally. i have one from before Christmas and it has the silver collar but had the newer metal hone connection on the post and the screw barb on the remote (so you don’t need to buy any new barbs when you shorten it)

Black looks nicer I guess though.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Nuke

Got a 30.9 on my mega shimmed with a USE plastic shim and carbon paste- no issues and never moves plus its a bit more future proof

bigjim

yeah looks like 2011 model with the silver collar, not sure if this is a bad thing or not though. Was kinda thinking of getting one, but wonder if it is best to get the 2012/current one.

shaley
    Free Member

I asked on-one what year the seatpost is from and they said it was a 2012 model

nuke

Anybody able to measure exactly from middle of saddle rails to bottom of the collar section on a 125mm Reverb? …just re-measured ad mine is under 190mm.

Got a 30.9 on my mega shimmed with a USE plastic shim and carbon paste- no issues and never moves plus its a bit more future proof

Sounds good….thanks for that mattzzzzz

matlockmeat
    Free Member

Ta
    Anyone buy one in 30.9mm and then shim it to 31.6mm just so they have the flexibility in the future to use on both sizes?

I got one on 30.9 for my 31.6 frame.

I bought a USE shim but it’s not plastic. It’s an extra deep insert aluminium one.
    Think I bought if from wiggle for around £6

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

yeah looks like 2011 model with the silver collar, not sure if this is a bad thing or not though

they sorted issues such as the barb on later models and newer ones seem to be more reliable (possible internal or seal changes?).

Might be the best current deal but before Xmas genuine aftermarket (with bleed kit, enduro collar etc) 2012s were going for ~£150 at multiple outlets. Not undermining the OP, just saying, like.

svalgis
    Free Member

Mine arrived today. 4 days from day of purchase to get it to Sweden, not bad.

Silver collar but the connector appears to be metal. Here’s what was included.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Hose : MMX Left 1500mm

Can someone explain what the MMX means? Its the only one left, quite tempting.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Can someone explain what the MMX means?

Will come with an additional mount if you use matchmakers to tidy your bars. Just whip it off if you don’t need it and you are good to go.
    Voila

honourablegeorge

MMX is an extra wee bit on the clamp that allows you to mount SRAM shifter & reverb remote on same clamp, to save space on the bars. Removable if you don’t want/need it.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂

D0NK

MMX is an extra wee bit on the clamp that allows you to mount SRAM shifter & reverb remote on same clamp, to save space on the bars. Removable if you don’t want/need it.

you sure about that? from the pic above it looks like it would only fit to matchmaker style brake clamps, ie it doesn’t have it’s own bar clamp.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

They come with a spacer to use instead,

Wibble89
    Free Member

you sure about that? from the pic above it looks like it would only fit to matchmaker style brake clamps, ie it doesn’t have it’s own bar clamp.

The reverb remote is the bar clamp. There is a spacer that can take the place of the brake lever but it is not necessary to use it.

D0NK

mundie/wibble so there’s definitely no reason not to buy an mmx*? the clamp isn’t bigger/chunkier and so harder to fit between gears/brakes?

*apart from the fact it’s still nearly 200 knicker for a seatpost

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Whenever I have bought oem reverbs like this which were listed as MMX all I did was take the matchmaker mount off and I was good to go – to be 100% contact on-one and see if it comes with the spacer as per the last image I posted above

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘PSA More cheap reverbs’ is closed to new replies.