Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • (PSA) Moneysaving: Mortgage exit admin fee
  • z1ppy

Anyone done this? It might be worth a quick look if you’ve paid off a mortage in the last few years..
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/mortgage-fees

Friend did and got a pay out, so passed on the info to us. So bored the other day I pulled out my old Birmingham Midshires mortgage account number (closed it in 2005) and sent them a letter. They responded the next day(!) offering to give me £150, as long as I’m happy to sign a statement saying they have paid a settlement, but are not accepting liabilty.
    Now I’m more than happy to accept £150 for the price of a stamp and a pre-written letter but just ‘wondered’ if they are trying to avoid paying out compensation later? I’ve no idea what I actually paid in exit fee’s, though probably have it filed some-where (mid new kitchen/diner so finding stuff atm is a nightmare). Any thoughts? To be honest I’ll just take the cash and be happy, but am curious as to others ppl’s thoughts on the matter & thought a thread on the subject may prompt others to claim back their cash.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Take it you’ve not got the original papers to work out what they owe?

Note: AFAIK your claim will expire after 6 years.

z1ppy

as mentioned, yes some-where but not easily to hand until after chrimbo…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘(PSA) Moneysaving: Mortgage exit admin fee’ is closed to new replies.