Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PSA mega cheap enve 26er rims
  • ads678

They might be to some but i’m in the ‘or what’ category. £240 for a rim, no thanks.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yes and No.

I’m going to say mostly no.

Im my book, no MTB rim is worth £250, however large an RRP the makers gave it.

This specifically, it’s going to turn into a £800 wheelset in the least I’d guess. A £800 wheelset for a short-travel XC bike. Not many buyers who’ll pay £800 for a new set of wheels, for a what must be 4-5 year old bike now. XC went 29er years ago.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    FunkyDunc
    Free Member

these a bargain or wot?

or wot

The type of people (me included) who still ride old fashioned wheels, obviously are not prepared to pay shed loads on new bike stuff, or we would have moved wheel sizes.

Not a chance.

cp

or wot.

narrow, 26″ etc… not a chance.

woodster

18.2mm internal from £500 worth of 26″ rim. And you have to buy Enve nipples to go with them.

I’ve seen better deals on magic beans.

antares
    Free Member

They’re that “cheap” because nobody wants them

matt_outandabout

I’ve seen better deals on magic beans.

Agreed.

A Stans Arch or DT Swiss xc rim is nearly 100g lighter….

adsh
    Free Member

If you had a really nice short travel XC frame, some nice hubs and a bit of cash they’d be lovely. I have such a frame and hubs but I can’t justify unlacing some Crests and substituting these.

shaggy

They have other rims on sale. I’m sure someone will be happy with the tub rims at £100.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I believe that £240 for a single rim job is even higher than the going rate in the classier end of the market in Amsterdam.

I’ll pass, thanks and hope that someone with more money than sense (who’ll most likely have swapped to 27.5, because, you know…trails coming alive and all that) will snap them up.

bigyinn
    Free Member

3 of them and you’d have bought my last car….

thenorthwind

You’d have bought two-thirds of my last car. But only an eighth of my last bike. So you’d have a pile of parts and still have to walk everywhere.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PSA mega cheap enve 26er rims’ is closed to new replies.