Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • PSA: Manitou Mattoc Pro 2, £399 @ CRC
  • mudmonster
    Free Member

Any new owners should drop the lowers to grease the seals and check/replace oil, mine were completely dry. They’re buttery smooth now.

Good to know, might do it tomorrow. Was thinking about lowering them to 150mm anyway. At the same time will be able to see if the cassette tool is the right size.

Swapped around the spacers in the IVA, 3 above the seal now. They feel so plush, can’t believe they are not even bedded in.

Simon

Anyone had any issues with the airspring on their Mattoc?

My fork is set at 160mm but it looked like it had less travel. I measured the stanchions and there was only around 145mm showing. I thought maybe the positive and negative chambers in the air spring were not equalised, so I let all the pressure out.

But now when I inflate the fork air goes in but I can compress fork completely with no resistance.

I’ll be contacting CRC but just wondered what the cause was and if it was common.

sv

IIRC some had issues with the air spring filling valve and also some issues with internal air spring oil migration. 

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Yep check the position of the poppet valve. Should stick out about 1mm from the air valve. See

https://m.pinkbike.com/u/scar4me/blog/manitou-mattoc-air-spring-issues.html

These forks need carful filling…. Bike upside down. Connect pump. Release all the air. Then pull up to extend to full travel. Then depress the valve again to purge any air left. Hold fully extended then pump up to desired pressure. Ensure you pull again maximising extension before you remove the pump.

One way to tell that the poppet valve is set correctly is to connect pump and cycle fork… Should feel soft. Push down half way and remove pump. If the fork stays in the same position the pos / neg Chambers are balanced. This shows poppet valve is ok. Connect pump, pull up on the leg and remove.

Don’t adjust air pressure with bike on the ground…. If you need more air… Completely empty and refill following the inverted procedure.

Does sound like the poppet has not fully closed leaving air to fill both Chambers (which results in virtually no resistance as you are finding)

Bit of a plop design but easy to fix with a spanner

Simon

I’ll try the upside down thing

Simon

Tried the above – same result soft fork😐

doncorleoni
    Free Member

You could try another shock pump…. I had issues with a topeak one but fine with Rockshox. Needs to depress the poppet fully.

How much does yours stick out of the valve?

If you have tried all the above maybe you have a leak between the pos and neg Chambers 🙁 send it back

Simon

I’ve used this shock pump previously to set-up the fork, I haven’t got another shock pump to hand to try unfortunately.

Poppet sticks out around 2mm.

icyseanfitz
    Free Member

Got a set of these for a build I’ll be doing, hoping there not a complete pain to setup initially.

sv

Got a set of these for a build I’ll be doing, hoping there not a complete pain to setup initially

Normally they are fine and they are a great fork.

icyseanfitz
    Free Member

Question actually, I’m around 210lbs with gear. What should I be doing with regards to the volume spacers and this fork? There already in the stanchion correct? You just have to move them below the divider yeah?

mindmap3
    Free Member

Pleased with my latest set so far; a big improvement on the Yari’s I had before.

Yes, the spacers live in the fork and just need moving. I’m running mine with none and am thinking of removing the seal of the IVA to increase the volume as they’re ramping up a tad too much. My previous set with no IVA felt a tad better.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Yep download setup guide from here

https://www.manitoumtb.com/products/parts-and-accessories/dorado-iva-kit/

Very easy to replace just remember to dump the air! Unscrew the cap and reposition spacers. I would try reducing air volume first as that gives more support deep into the travel.

Poopscoop

I’m sure you all know but these are down to £332 now on CRC *before* BC discount.

I don’t need any forks but if I did!…..

Simon

My Mattoc was easy to set up and I was happy with the performance until the problem with the airspring.

Anyway it’s on it’s way back to Chain Reaction for warranty inspection. Hopefully it’ll get sorted quickly .

icyseanfitz
    Free Member

will a wtb convict 2.5 fit in these?

Simon

Dunno, I’m using a 2.3 Maxxis DHR in mine and with a mucky nutz type mudguard there’s not much clearance.

mudmonster
    Free Member

If anyone doesn’t want their white decals I’d happily throw them a few quid for spares!

If you still need the large white decal would you like to swap for the silver one?

endorium

Wish they did these in boost sizing 🙁 if 110mm sizing I would love them!

mudmonster
    Free Member

Thought the new ones had boost options.

endorium

Not that I can find. Would be happy to be proven wrong!

endorium

oh……will have a look. Did not even know a version 3 had been released. No reviews yet that I can see yet though

Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Manitou Mattoc Pro 2, £399 @ CRC’ is closed to new replies.