Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA Magura forks
  • robhughes
    Free Member

why pray tell.

joolsburger
    Free Member

why what?

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, they'd look perfect on my Handjob. Shame I just bought some Fox Floats 🙁

Gnnr

whats the PSA about?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Maybe should have said heads up

mieszko
    Free Member

£260 + p&p for a Durin is surely pretty cheap… Did You have to pay any customs?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yes 11 quid.. They are complete with pump and all the bits these are the non adjustable versions which I'd expect to be a bit simpler hence reliable Worked mine hard for a few months now with no issues.

He delivers quickly and he has some uber cheap carbon brakes too.
    J

poppa
    Free Member

Thats a good price.

Gnnr

Hey Jools, how long did your forks take to clear customs? I bought some as well from the same seller, they have been in customs since the 10th Jan.

Did the seller under rate the value of the forks? As £11 duty seems really good. I've got my fingers crossed for a similar result!!

joolsburger
    Free Member

They took a while, around two weeks. He valued them such that I paid 11 quid.

Horray.

joolsburger
    Free Member

It's worth putting 2.5ml of fork oil in the airspring when you get them.

Helps them ramp up a bit at the end of their stroke.

Gnnr

thanks jb. Is it an easy job topping up the oil?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yes.

Get a 20mm spanner or socket, take off the aircap and deflate the forks take off the top cap for the airspring and get 2.5mm of oil in there, I used fox float fluid which I'm sure is fine.

Put the cap back on and pump them up. You might not need to do this if you are lighter than me. I'm a big fella so I wanted them to ramp up a bit.

They are really sensitive to air pressures by the way a few PSI does make a lot of difference. They are very linear so they will use all of their travel fast if they are under pressured I have mine at the low end of the recommended pressure but the oil tweak keeps them from bottoming out.

There is a detailed video on this here, http://www.magura.com/en/products/suspension-forks-2010/prod/durin-marathon-8/info/movies.html

Gnnr

Brillint JB, thanks for the info. I too am, eeer, a bit of a clyde at 15st so your tip sounds like good advise.

Just need to get bl'dy fork through customs now!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA Magura forks’ is closed to new replies.