Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PSA – Lusso Max Repel tights & bibs @ Merlin
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Thought I’d give the tights a go for £26. Bibs are about £10 more.

letmetalktomark

Silly/odd question but do you wear padded undershorts under the tights?

Keen to try some in either tights or bib form under baggies but do you need to factor in padded undershorts too*?

* Obviously only if required?

jamj1974

Yes you do LMTTM.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes, though some tights/bibs come with pads.

I prefer them without so I can wear them for several days, changing the undershorts.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Excellent. Had a pair of these for over 5 years now, time for a new pair.

letmetalktomark

@Nobeerinthefridge How do they size up in the real world?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of large ones. I’m about 6’1″ with 34″ legs and 32″ waist.
    Fit well, but quite long: waistband comes up nice and kidney-warming high, but it is a bit “old man’s pants”. That said, I wouldn’t want to go for a medium as they’d be too tight.

letmetalktomark

More love handle warming for me 😳 😆

Painey
    Free Member

I’m guessing these aren’t that water repellant after a few rides/washes? Been looking at getting something like this though.

njee20
    Free Member

Definitely on the long side. I didn’t find them incredible, the medium was very long, the small was a bit tight elsewhere for me – 5’10”, 30″ inside leg (so pretty short), Assos large come up shorter FWIW. Wore out fairly quickly too, wouldn’t bother with another pair. That was a long time ago though, so I’m perhaps being unfair.

Not bad for £35, wouldn’t pay more though.

scotroutes

I find most tights far too tight on the calfs, or too baggy on the waist. I’m convinced they’re not made for cyclists.

DanW
    Free Member

Bibs fit normally but the tights are really long with a high waistband. With the tights I have to put the stirrups under the shoes and roll the waistband down several times to a comfortable position. Both are fine for wet, mucky rides and last ok. The keep the don’t particularly lose the water repel function over time but I prefer Pearl Izumi tights when it is properly cold and there is monsoon-like rain. Can’t go wrong at that price and I’d recommend the bibs rather than tights.

chakaping
    Free Member

Great advice thanks Dan.

Tights were a really odd shape but bibs fit great with just the usual leg bunching I get (stumpy little legs for my height).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Lusso Max Repel tights & bibs @ Merlin’ is closed to new replies.