Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PSA : Lorries for Savvy Cyclists event in London
  • TurnerGuy
    Free Member
    aracer
    Free Member

Now we just need a cyclists for savvy lorry drivers to address the real problem (or may be cyclists for idiot lorry drivers).

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Aracer, “cycle awareness training” is now one of the options on the drivers CPC training.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s good.

But aracer’s idea is good too.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

“options” …

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Surely a “Savvy cyclist” is the exact type that ISN’T going to ride up the inside of a lorry?

Then again, it might help stop the complacent, ‘won’t happen to me’ types from just taking one risk too many.

Murray

My former IAM bike group organised something similar. Those that went found it eye opening (see how many motorbikes you can hide in the blind spot was one game). The haulage company involved also learnt from it and have added blind spot cameras.

Overall I think it’s a good idea.

eyerideit
    Free Member

On my ride home this evening EVERY cyclist stayed well away from the lorry wait at the pelican crossing next to the fire station on Old St.

Not one out of about 20+ riders tried to squeeze down between stopped the bus and lorry.

It was quite surreal and reassuring at the same time.

Long may it last.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PSA : Lorries for Savvy Cyclists event in London’ is closed to new replies.