Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • PSA: Looney bargain of the day.
  • chrismanc
    Free Member

It mentions 5-10 working days for dispatch, jumped on it early hours in the morning and it was still at £7! Cheers OP!

johndoh
    Free Member

It mentions 5-10 working days for dispatch

True, but the email also says
    This e-mail is only an acknowledgement of receipt of your order and your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched to you.

Trekster

£41 now 🙄

Cougar

Bear in mind,

This isn’t a mispricing, it’s a sale item. There shouldn’t be any reason that it won’t be honoured.

The bolierplate text there is to avoid getting nailed when things have been mispriced.

Rich
    Free Member

I noticed the £7 and £41 offers were from different Amazon sellers.

euain

My order’s just been cancelled. Oh well.. 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

Hello

We’re writing to let you know that the price for the following item(s) was displayed incorrectly when you placed your order:

‘Looney Tunes – The Complete Golden Collection (Volumes 1-6) [DVD]’ (ASIN: B004S6E95O)

Despite our best efforts, with the millions of items available on our website, pricing errors can occasionally occur.

Ah well. Order cancelled 🙁

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Same e_mail…
    Useless tax dodging scumbags.
    Broke my no amazon rule, and I didn’t even get my dvds.

Cougar

Nuts. Same here.

*pout*

samcamsdad

Balls, same email here. there goes the kids entertainment for the drive to france in a couple of weeks!

LMT
    Free Member

Mine cancelled as well. Ah well was worth a punt!

gnusmas

Cancelled here too 🙁

Kids looking forward to watching them too.

grievoustim
    Free Member

Arse

chojin
    Free Member

I’ve just checked my email and mine has been dispatched?

Cougar

O RLY?

That might be worth an email to Amazon, then. Would you be prepared to forward me their mail?

plyphon
    Free Member

wow bet that caused some headaches.

clubber
    Free Member

Tax dodging feckers 😉

I’m glad I didn’t tell anyone I’d ordered it…

vinnyeh

I was lucky enough to get the mispriced nikon 35mm lens from them a couple of weeks back, but after the cancellation emails went out, and the subsequent protests from punters who missed out, Amazon mailed out vouchers to the value of the difference between the misprice, and their correct price, around £50.
    Outside chance they may do the same again. Deals like this are always a lottery though. Not worth getting hot under the collar about.

andyl
    Free Member

do you have Amazon Prime? I wish I had paid for next day as it might have slipped through the net.

messiah
    Free Member

Cancelled here too 😥

Cougar

I was lucky enough to get the mispriced nikon 35mm lens

Sure.

Under SoGA, prices are an “invitation to treat” – there’s no obligation to sell at an advertised price until they’ve agreed to the sale contractually (hence the carefully worded boilerplate someone posted here earlier). If they take your money however, then agreement to the contract is implicit; to wit, they’re then legally obliged to complete the sale. So on the face of it, Amazon are perfectly within their rights here to say “oops, sorry” and cancel the order as the contract was never accepted.

What I’m not sure of is how, if at all, this is affected when someone else has an identical order honoured. Hmm.

DickBarton

cancelled as well…assuming the item has been despatched mention isn’t a wind-up, could I also get a copy of the confirmation so I can also talk to Amazon?

ta.

DickBarton

Just checked my Amazon account…I had £5 of vouchers that were deducted when ordering the looney tunes. The order has been cancelled but I’ve not got my gift voucher value back…

Clearly I’m wanting the box set for 7 quid, so I’m now annoyed by this, does this give me any further leverage to get the box set?

jp-t853

Tax dodging shysters.

Part of me does feel better that I haven’t bought anything off them.

chojin
    Free Member

I am, of course, just pulling your collective legs.

I didn’t even order it.

Bad form.

DezB
    Free Member

Oh chojin, you’re such a Looney 🙂

Cougar

Hook, line, sinker, rod, reel and copy of Angling Times.

DickBarton

Ah ya swine…filling me with a small glimmer of hope…I’ll contact them and get them to sort my gift vouchers out again!

tonyd

Cancelled. Bugger, was looking forward to that.

bearnecessities

Cougar, am knocking on but it used to be an invitation to tender. Is it now a treat?!

Stoner
    Free Member

always was “treat” in my law classes, c.1995

vinnyeh

I was lucky enough to get the mispriced nikon 35mm lens
    Sure

I do hope that’s not a doubting ‘sure’. 😉

Kryton57

Cancelled here.

I blew cougar for my kids resulting emotional trauma 😉

Kryton57

Daily mail tomorrow:

*singletrack mod in scam shocka*

CountZero

Damn, and there was me wanting to love it, hug it, and hold it to my chest and call it George! 😥

johndoh
    Free Member

It’s not surprising that your kids are traumatised if you blew Cougar.

Kryton57

Goddamit too late to edit! Lol!

Cougar

there was me wanting to love it, hug it, and hold it to my chest and call it George!

You know, that was the main reason I ordered it.

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Looney bargain of the day.’ is closed to new replies.