Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PSA – 'Look What We Found' on offer at the big blue and red supermarket
  • sazter

I know, I know, we are all artisans and should only buy from boutique shops, BUT LWWF is reduced to one fine British Pound from now until 29th in T*$C0.

If you’ve not had it before it’s tasty real food cooked in the packet and can be kept for a year at ambient temps, reheated in a pan or in the pack. Small portions so you need a decent carb or veg to go with it, but they make great camping food, so much cheaper and tastier than dehydrated stuff. Tilda micro rice was also on offer last night, so thats your carb sorted to go with it! 😉

LWWF website

I am not affiliated with them in any way, just think it’s nice to have tasty food when camping.

trademark
    Free Member

Thanks for that, I’ll stock up tomorrow.
    Lovely camping food and great in the house for quickness.

jimmy

I like em, but in my experience you get approximately 2 mediocre sized chunks of meat and maybe a scraggy bit or 2.

househusband

As above; great camp food but scaled down somewhat..!

trademark
    Free Member

I like em, but in my experience you get approximately 2 mediocre sized chunks of meat and maybe a scraggy bit or 2.

As above; great camp food but scaled down somewhat..!

Yes to both ^^ but for A QUID …

I just stir a packet into a pan of rice whilst around the campfire, perfect after a day of paddling as I can never be bothered to do anything gourmet like some of my mates.

rene59
    Free Member

I shall stock up tomorrow, thanks.

Cougar

Supposed to be one of the nicer vacuum-packed camping meals. But given that a) they’re already hydrated and b) the choice to this vegetarian is “beef or chicken,” it’s not for me.

Drac

I am not affiliated with them in any way, just think it’s nice to have tasty food when camping.

I found pubs are handy for that and there’s no need to carry them around, plus they are dry and midge free.

ernie67

I was going to try one ( never heard of them before ) so i went to Tesco express last night & Asda this morning but couldn’t find it – any idea which section i need to be looking at ( usually just the wine isle for me in Asda )?

DrP

Ta..will stock up.
    I think of them as a ‘meaty capri-sun’. Get a big straw, poke in it, and slurp…

DrP

sazter

Agree on the portion size but with some rice or something it’s not too bad, but I am probably a fair bit smaller than a lot of you guys.

Tesco – mine was in the ‘free-from’ aisle next to Nakd bars etc, in Sainsburys it was in the tinned chilli aisle.

No veggie option, this is true, and a shame really.

Pubs are good, but I often camp in really remote places away from all humans and pubs so not always an option, this is a back up for those times.

Meaty capri-suns all round! 🙂

ernie67

Thanks sazter – i’ll go & have another look .

DrP

(I don’t really do that, BTW..!!)

DrP

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Similar pouch meals can be had for a pound in pound shops. Handy for your zombie apocalypse bug out bag as they can be eaten cold from the pouch if needed and don’t require potable water to rehydrate them. As has been mentioned though, the portions are rather small.

sazter

Didn’t know you could get them in pound shops too, will have to investigate the ingredients, at least with these guys the ingredients are real food and appear to not be full of nasties. I am prepared to be proven wrong of course.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Real LWWF were on offer in the 99p store a while ago.

Though this lame excuse says a lot about them…

Why are your portions so small?

All our meals and soups are aimed at being single serve, convenient ready meals. The meals are 250g and the Chilli, Tikka, Korma, Meatballs and Bolognese all require some carbohydrate to go with them such as pasta or rice and this then provides a generous helping in total. The Casseroles mainly contain carbohydrates and vegetables and are aimed as lighter, portion controlled meals which are best served with some crusty bread. In this way they are a reasonable portion but would not satisfy larger appetites. Many of our customers add additional vegetables dependent on their requirements and many use our meal centre range as jacket potato topping in which case they serve two. – See more at: http://www.lookwhatwefound.co.uk/faq#sthash.BGP7pzXe.dpuf

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PSA – 'Look What We Found' on offer at the big blue and red supermarket’ is closed to new replies.